Chapter 2

The Flaw-Covered Perfection

  "A guy and a girl," Yoona wrapped her arms around Luhan's waist. "...in high school." She stuck her tongue out, looking up at him, "In a relationship." She slowly spoke her words, making sure he was taking everything in. School was over, and like every other day, they were out together, away from school. She looked up, at his eyes, as he looked down, smiling at her. "Exactly what are you scared of? Our relationship will bring us even higher, Luhan! To the ultimate top of the pyramid. No one can bring us down then." Yoona let go of her arms, and grasped his right wrist. "We'll be the 'it' couple of the school!" She kept held of his wrist, looking down at the cement ground of the park. "Luhan, isn't that what we want?"

  "You. What you want. I don't give a damn about being at the ultimate top, Yoona. I'm already at the top. We are on the top. Look at us, without even being together," Luhan tapped the top of Yoona's nose, wrapping his arms around her. "If we let it out, what about the girls? Your boys?" 

  "My boys?" Yoona scoffed, pulling away from his hug. "Since when were there 'my boys'?" 

  "You know what I mean-"

  "I don't. I really don't," Yoona walked a few steps away from him, her back facing him. "Luhan..." she turned back around, looking at him right in the eye. "You're the only one. You're my boy," she smiled, placing her hands on his shoulders. "You're the one," she tiptoed, pecking him on the lips. Pulling her hands away, she looked up at his face, waiting for a reply. Right when Luhan was about to speak up, Yoona continued her talking. "We're going to reveal it tomorrow. Our relationship. It's been two months, Luhan. Two frickin' months! How long are you going to drag this?"

  "Yoona, I know. I know that already. You want it, but-"

  "No buts. Tomorrow morning, you come and pick me up. You will take me to school. And you will be the one next to me as I walk inside," Yoona emphasized on how important it will be, not waiting for his response. "You, Luhan. You." 

  "Why do you want to be so up top?" Luhan furrowed his brows. "We're already there. Is there seriously that more to climb? One step. One step, Yoona, that's it." He jumped in front of her, bending his knees to look straight in her eyes. "Honestly, I want it too. Everyone loves it, Yoona, I know."

  "If you know, then come'on. What more is there to wait!" She wrapped her arm around him, pulling her phone out. "Texting can spread everything. Rumors, love, friendship, and pretty much just everything!" She bit her lip, as she tried to write out the most easiest and simplest way there is to explaining their relationship. 

  "No, Yoona," Luhan gently pushed her phone away, taking it from her hands. He jabbed the delete button, as he watched the words erase away. As the message cleared away, it jumped back to her message inbox. "Kim Jongin. Kim Jongin," he read the name as he kept scrolling down. "Kim Jongin. Kim Jongin?"

  Yoona's eyes widened, as she tried to get her phone back. "Give it back! Luhan!" She jumped up and down, watching his face grimace in confusion and pain. She shook the thought away, and jumped the highest she could, and reached her hand out to pull her phone back. "Luhan, don't ever do that again. Haven't you heard a phone is extremely private to a girl? I am very disappointed-"

  "You're disappointed in me?" Luhan scoffed. "Whose Kim Jongin? Yoona...are you cheating on me?"

  "Luhan! Definitely not. Don't ever say that. He's just this friend I met!" Yoona caressed his face, "I love you, and only you, Luhan. Don't ever think that."

  "Then...then- then why were you so scared of me taking away your phone? Why didn't you tell me this before?" 

  "Because I didn't think he'd be that important. You're the important one, Luhan."

  "I-I...let's get back now. I'll take you home," Luhan held her hand, tightly, pulling her."I hate cheaters, you know Yoona? Cheaters during a test. Cheaters during a game. Cheaters in a relationship."

  "Luhan...alright. Let's get this straight. Kim Jongin, he started talking to me one day. Saying something about how we met before and talked. You know, like what everyone does. Alright? That's it. I just think he'd be a great friend." 

  "I got it," Luhan smiled, gently patting her head. "I got it."

  Yoona stopped walking and turned to face Luhan, waiting for him to look back. "So stop misunderstanding okay?"

  "Alright.."

  "So, I heard the basketball team had tryouts this week," she wrapped her arms around his. "Captain?" She smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder.

  "I didn't try out."

  "Why not?" Yoona curiously eyed him, he never backed down with anything having to do with basketball. "What's wrong?"

  Luhan shrugged, "I don't know. Just not in the mood...anymore."

  "T-that's preposterous! Do you have any idea on what you're doing? This can ruin you," Yoona wide-eyed lectured him. "You're 17 this year, Luhan. We have one more year to go before we leave this place. And...you don't try-out for what has brought you all the way up here? Captain of the basketball team, Luhan. Captain."

  Yoona sighed, as she fixed her dress. "You're ruining our reputation!" she whispered in his ears.

  "No one knows we're dating, Yoona! How will this ruin your rep?" Luhan yelled in frustration. "Ever since I asked you out, you have been talking non-stop about your god damn reputation! I'm trying my best!"

  "No you're not," Yoona calmly replied. "If you were, you would be the captain of the team. Not some loser who is nothing now."

  "God damn it, Yoona!" Luhan jumped in anger, before calming himself down. "I-...You....Let's go back now. Now."

 

*~*~*

 

  "You want to join the club?" It was early in the morning, and as usual, Kai was already dancing. However, today, a student came in. Asking to be able to join the club. Kai, as one of the main dancers of the group, had the privilege to accept newcomers. Unlike the other main dancers, he has never accepted anyone since the first day he joined. He thought they were all y, and useless. He needed to find the perfect dancer, someone like him. Girl or guy, as long as they got the moves, and got the energy. 

  "Yes. I'm positive. My name is Oh Sehun, and I've been having my eye on this club ever since freshman year. I'm still not sure why I didn't join then, but I know I want to join now. Please consider my request."

  "Show me your moves," Kai sighed, sitting down on the bench, pointing at the center of the floor. "Come'on. Let's go!"

  "Oh-oh. Okay," Sehun took off his jacket, dropping his backpack on the floor. He ran to the center of the floor, right in front of Kai. He slowly started dancing, beginning with his simple moves. As time surpassed, he clearly danced his moves, as it got more complicated. After a while, he finally stopped, as one drop of sweat fell on the floor.

  "Oh Sehun..." Kai started, watching his drip of sweat hit the floor. "Welcome to the dance club!" He's got the energy...he's got the moves...

  "Are you serious?" Sehun dropped his jaw. "People have been saying I shouldn't ask you."

  Kai shrugged, "I thought you did great..."

  "Thank you SO much. You won't regret it. I'll will try my best to cooperate!"

  "That's great to hear, Sehun. Now, let me introduce myself. I'm Kim Jongin," Kai reached out his hand.

  "Oh yes..." Sehun bowed his head, shaking hands with Kai. "I hope we can get along!"

  "Yes of course," Kai gave Sehun a sly smile. "Now Sehun...mind telling me why you're really here to see me? Not some other dancer? At some other time?" 

  "Alright, you got me," Sehun chuckled, scratching his head. "Well...Kim Jongin...Sunbae?" Sehun shrugged, not sure what to call Kai. "I heard you were a close friend of Seo Joo Hyun-shi," Sehun smiled, laughing at his shy comment. "I'm not using this club as anything at all! I love dancing! I just wanted you to be there to see me dance. I just want to get to know her more."

  "Let me guess," Kai put his hand on Sehun's shoulder, smiling. "You like Joo Hyun?" 

  Sehun laughed awkwardly, not at all shocked at hearing his question. He himself knew how obvious his crush on her is. If he ever saw her, he would always purposely walk faster to catch up, or slow down and wait for her. He would always say his greetings to her, though she never listens or replies. "Oh...it's obvious isn't it."

  "I guess," Kai laughed, patting Sehun's back. "So you want to know more about her? I'm sure I would be the best person to offer you anything about her, if I could."

  "What do you mean? Why can't you?" Sehun's smile faded. "Is there a secret about her I'm not supposed to know?"

  "Oh, of course not that. I just want something in exchange."

  "Huh?" Sehun tilted his head. "Oh! Of course. Do you like a girl? I'm sure my friend can help you set her up with you!"

  "Are you serious? Whose your friend!?" Kai asked in surprise, excited to see whether he can finally be able to have one date with her. 

  "Luhan!" Sehun yelled in excitement. "He's like a ladies man. He can get you any girl any day!" Sehun explained to him, shoving his fist at Kai's shoulder. 

  "Luhan?" Kai furrowed his brows, shivering just after hearing his name. "Your friends with Xi Luhan?" Kai raised his chin, swiping the dust off his shoulder. 

  "Yeah," Sehun nodded, turning to the right and to the left, seeing if anyone was there. He was surprised at Kai's sudden change of attitude. "I'm serious. He can get you any girl...if you want me...I can ask for you?"

  "Alright then. It's a deal. You get me a date with the girl I say, and tell me the details today at dance practice. Then, I'll give you your details." Kai chuckled at his own words, thinking about how stupid they were.

  "Deal. So whose the girl?" 

  "Im Yoona."

  "I-Im Yoona? Are you serious? Her?" Sehun gaped, shocked at his response. "Dude, I would love to help you ask for any other hot girls...but not Im Yoona. That's really difficult...I'm serious...I don't think this is the best idea-"

  "I want a date with her. Only her."

 

*~*~*

 

  "This is outrageous," Seohyun whispered to the male student in front of her, who was quietly sitting at a single desk in the library. "You should not be here, Mister. Look at what you're reading!" Seohyun  jabbed her finger at the magazine he was holding. 

  Seohyun sighed, as she realized her overreacting. "Look, just get a real book and buy a magazine of your own and TAKE it HOME. Don't waste such useful time reading-" she pointed at the magazine again, "-this."

  She rubbed her forehead, as she watched the male student run out of the library. "Why is everyone so 'shameless'?" she groaned to herself, walking back behind the counter.

  "Hi."

  "Yes, what do you need?" Seohyun replied in a mournful tone, still not looking up. She walked over to the corner and picked up some papers before walking back behind the counter.

  "Are you the assistant here?"

  "Yes, I'm the assistant here at lunch," Seohyun sighed, finally looking up. "Luhan..." Seohyun bit her lips, as she fixed her hair. "Xi Luhan. What are you doing here?" She walked around the counter to stand next to him.

  "I was wondering if there was an extra gap for me to help?" Luhan patted his hair flat. 

  "And why is that?" Seohyun raised her brow, confused at his sudden remark. 

  "I don't know," Luhan shrugged. "I needed a quiet place to think. So I thought the library would be a great place."

  "You can just come here and sit alone at a table. You don't have to help," Seohyun sighed impatiently.

  "I need something to do though..." Luhan bit his lip, mumbling to himself. "Please, just for like a month. I want to get something out of my mind...it's not working no matter how much I try!"

  "Alright, let me go ask Mrs. Park," Seohyun eyed him suspiciously, finally giving in. 

  "Thank you so much! You won't regret it!" Luhan smiled, winking at her.

  Seohyun jumped back, shocked at his actions. She was definitely confused...she didn't give in specially because it was Xi Luhan. She was just impatient and wanted to get over it. She started walking towards the counter at the other side of the library, still thinking of Luhan's real reason. "Does he have a girlfriend now?" she mumbled to herself.

  "I do in fact," Luhan jumped into a conversation, walking next to her. He looked at her, and she looked back. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone...but yes I have a girlfriend."

  "You do?"

  "Yes, and I was supposed to reveal it together with her today...but I was finally able to change her mind, at the last minute that is," Luhan chuckled. 

  "Who is she?" Seohyun continued to look at him, surprised at his honesty.

  "I'm afraid it's best if I don't tell you," Luhan stuck his tongue out.

  "And why's that?" 

  "Just cause," Luhan smiled bitterly at Seohyun. "She's the most beautiful girl I've met," Luhan looked up, thinking about her.

  "Oh..." Seohyun gave him a small smile. She reached the counter as she waved at Mrs. Park. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Park!" Seohyun bowed politely. "This is Luhan, XI Luhan. He wants to help as an assistant along with me during lunch? Is that alright?"

  "Of course!" Mrs. Park chuckled. "The better the merrier!"

 

*~*~*

 

HEY GUYS! Sorry for the super super super super super lateeeeeee update! ): I'm sad as well. I REALLY wish I'm more promising with my writing and all....at times it just gets harder): ANYWAY....forget about that now. Chapter TWO is UP! YAY! The first part, like I promised, there is LUYOON! So as you have read, they have a secret relationship. They are BOTH popular at school, so that means if they reveal their relationship, they'll be even more popular. That is exactly what Yoona wants, though for some certain reason Luhan doesn't. He's blaming her for her popularity addiction rather than revealing his reasons. Okay now, Sehun wants to join the dance club! (hehe Kai and Sehun, the dancers >:D) But, though Sehun could have always asked another main dancer to let him join, he chose Kai. Why? Because he noticed that Kai and SEOHYUN were best friends. This irked him. Plus, he also wants to know more about Seohyun! So before he does anything, he wants to find out more info about her before. Oooh creepy much? D:  LOL but Kai...was smart enough to realize this. SO he purposely tries to bring up a topic about some exchanging thing, so he could get something to do with Yoona! The next part is Luhan and Seohyun! Seohyun has been the assistant for the library during lunch for a long time already, for she is a book addict so might as well help at the place. Luhan wants to help because he knows it's the quietest place at the school and he wants to clear his mind then. And there is where their some kind of relationship begin, whether it is assistant buddies or just friends. So I hope you guys enjoy, and please SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!~