II

IT MIGHT BE YOU

 

5 YEARS AGO…

 

GD’S P.O.V

 

Over the past two years or so, I’ve been stressed out, tired, and emotional during my first two years of college. So here I am in the airport with a small luggage with clothes that will last me in this vacation.

 

“I need this to clear my mind and to relax before school starts once again.” With a final sigh, I approached the queue for check-ins and dropped my luggage. Then, I went to security, waited for my flight number to be called, approached the gates, and readied myself to fly to the Philippines.

 

**

 

When we landed, it was still cold because the airport was air-conditioned and we weren’t exposed the sun just yet because we are still getting our luggage. Finally, when I got my luggage, I transferred to the next flight to Boracay and I had another couple of hours of nap before landing to that famous beach.

 

“The air is so fresh!” I inhaled the air once more and finally took pictures of myself, the airport, and that girl.

 

I got the camera strap off my neck and looked at the pictures I took. I smiled to myself when I saw her face; her beautiful, beautiful face. I looked around the airport hoping to see her beautiful face for myself but to my dismay, she was long gone.

 

I exhaled a defeated sigh and just focused on finding the private tour guide I hired through the sea of crowds waiting for their loved ones in the arrival section of the airport.

 

KWON JIYONG

 

“Huh. He even knows how to write in Korean.” I was impressed.

 

I walked towards him and introduced myself to him.

 

“Good afternoon Mr. Kwon Jiyong.” He even knows how to speak Korean.

 

“Afternoon to you as well, Mr…”

 

“I am Lee Seungri, your tourist guide.”

 

“Are you Korean?”

 

“Yes sir, I am.” He answered and got my luggage for me. “Let’s go to the van and we will show you to your hotel.”

 

“Thanks.” I nodded to him and focused on my camera—on the picture actually, rather than the actual camera.

 

Once inside the van, he began talking about the Filipinos and their humble personalities but I didn’t really paid much attention to him or his stories because I was too busy admiring the woman in this picture.

 

“She’s beautiful.” I muttered to myself.

 

“Did you say something, sir?”

 

“No.” I lied. “Anyways, you’re Korean but you speak Filipino and you live here in Boracay. How did you end up here?”

 

“Wow. Uhmm… I got here because of my parents. They wanted to live as far from their respective families as much as possible, hence our move here in the Philippines when I was 7 years old. I grew up here and fell in love with the culture, the language, the food, and the sceneries.”

 

“Good for you, but you have no intention of going back to your homeland?” What am I saying? “Oh! I’m sorry that was out of line, I shouldn’t have asked.”

 

“No, it’s alright. I’m actually just saving some money so I when we come home to Korea, my grandparents and relatives won’t be looked down upon by them.”

 

“Well Seungri when you decide on going back to Korea, don’t hesitate to call me.” I gave him a smile and my business card to him. “I can give you work.”

 

“Thank you so much.”

 

We were driving for twenty minutes straight and during the drive, I can’t help but notice the sadness in this woman’s eyes; it’s as if someone just died.

 

“Here we are.” He cleared his throat to get my attention and he pointed out the car window. I followed his forefinger and I couldn’t help but smile at the beautiful hotel and resort in front of me.

 

“It’s just what I needed.”

 

To be continued…

 

  ****

 

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I WAS IN LONDON FOR THREE WEEKS FOR VACATION AND THE OLYMPICS AND MY SON'S FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY JUST PASSED, SO I'VE BEEN BUSY. ANYWAYS, I'M BACK IN AMERICA AND I WILL BE UPDATING A LOT TODAY AND TOMORROW. SO DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT GUYS!