I

IT MIGHT BE YOU

 

JIYONG’S P.O.V

 

“Son, I am so proud of you!” dad had his arms wide open and a huge grin on his face.

 

“Thank you very much dad.” I chuckled and approached him with arms wide open and we shared a brief hug before breaking it.

 

“What did you do to charm those investors of ours? I’ve been racking my brains out just to get them to say yes, but you… you showed them.” He sounded energized and ecstatic and as his son, I was happy.

 

“Well…” I smirked to myself and remembered the deal I made with the clients a while ago.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

“Good day! I am Kwon Jiyong, the new vice-president of the company.” I introduced myself as we shook hands.

 

“Yes, we are well aware of who you are. Your father and yourself are like carbon copies; introductions won’t be necessary because you look exactly like your father.” The woman spoke and I assumed it was Mrs. Park.

 

“Why thank you and I will take that as a compliment.” We shared a brief laughter, but we aren’t here for jokes. We are here for business.

 

“My assistant said that your granddaughter is with you but I don’t see her.”

 

“Oh! I must apologize for that. Her friend was involved in a car accident and her friend has no one else with her here in Korea, so she had to help her.”

 

“Of course, I understand and I do hope that her friend is doing well.”

 

“Thank you.” She smiled and reached for her folder. “I am well aware of the proposal and we have reached to a conclusion to accept it under one condition.”

 

“Of course, please do tell.”

 

“I’ve been in this industry for more than five decades. I am an old woman who made kimchi for a living during the war. Throughout the years, I have dealt with no good men and dishonest business men. Now that I am saying yes to this proposal, I need you to make me trust you in order to make me say a definite yes.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I am a restaurant magnate. My empire is world-renown and I am not boasting but you need me in your newly-built hotel in Busan.”

 

She has a point, but how am I going to make her trust me? Hmm…

 

 

“You might think that what I am about to tell you is absurd, but it really happened.”

 

“What is it then?” she sounded intrigued. That’s a good sign. I need to draw her in.

 

“About five years ago, I was barely on my third year of BA and as you can expect, I was very tired of school and decided to venture out on my own during summer vacation of that year.” I chuckled to myself.

 

“Why did you stop?”

 

“It’s just that I’ve never told anyone of this story other than my older sister and my four best friends before, and here I am narrating this same story to a stranger.”

 

“I need reassurance.” She’s right and this is for the sake of the company. I gave one final sigh and remembered every single detail of that fateful day and started narrating my love story.

 

“I went to the Philippines during that summer alone. I took two planes: one for Manila, Philippines and one for Boracay. I knew that if I stayed in the city, I would’ve went crazier because it’s still as chaotic like Seoul.

It was noontime when I arrived and I immediately took pictures with my professional camera. I took a picture of myself, the airport, and an accidental photo that made that summer vacation extra special.” I smiled to myself and remembered that picture.

 

“What was this picture that you took?”

 

“It was a picture of a girl.”

 

Yes. A girl. 

 

 

*****************************************************

 

 

NEW FANFIC! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT SO FAR AND PLEASE DO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE YOU WILL BE SCREAMING OF JOY AND GIDDINESS...