Light Go On Again

Desperate!

"I see you have a new boyfriend." Hyuna's mum said as she took a sip of her coffee.

Hyuna gave out a little smile, "His not my boyfriend." She help the book higher so it would cover her face and bit her lip, forcing the smile to disappear.

"It's okay sweetie, you don't need to hide it. Hyunseung is a nice guy. Plus, you look good together."

She looked at her mum with a serious expression. "Mum, he's really not my boyfriend." 

Hyunseung and Hyuna have been inseparable for the past week. They'd go to the park now and then, they'd go to town and window shop. Sometimes they would even go to each other's houses. Whenever they went to Hyuna's house, Hyuna would play her guitar and sing to him. Hyunseung really enjoyed it a lot and he showed this by smiling at her and clapping everytime she finished. Whenever they would go to Hyunseung's house, they would make up stories together. Mostly funny ones. They would laugh until their stomach ached and played pranks on each. 

Hyuna became happier and as the days go by, Seungri never existed in her mind and heart anymore. Neither one of them would mention his name or what happened on that one rainy day. Hyunseung was just glad that he could spent time with Hyuna and that she was better. Hyuna was glad to be happy again. She was glad that she could laugh again. 

Today, Hyunseung went out with his family for a dinner so Hyuna was stuck at home with her mum. Hyuna was reading a book that Hyunseung had recommended to her when her mum started to ask those questions.

She didn't mind people mistaking them as a couple but she hated it when her mum would ask her this kind of things. She was still in progress trying to trust someone. She felt that she couldn't trust her mum fully yet. She also didn't want her mum minding her bussinesses. 

"I'll tell you what, when Hyunseung and I are official, you'll be the second person to know." She said as she put the book down and sat up. 

Her mum raised her eye brows. "Why second?" 

"Because Hyunseung is going to be the first one to know" She could feel her cheeks burning. 

Her mum let out a chuckle as she nodded her head. "You promise." Hyuna was about to answer when she realised it wasn't a question. 

She picked up her book and she kept on reading. 

 

"I like this book. It's one of my favourites." Hyunseung said as he held out a book in front of her. 

Hyuna took it as she read the title, "Chasing Summer. What's it about?"

"The story has bits about the world that some people don't care about or help to prevent it. It really opened my eyes and I wanted to make the difference the main guy character in this book did. This is the only book that I've read so far that has touched my heart. It also wanted me to make a difference in the world. It made me want to help. It's really an inspiring book to me." Hyunseung paused and stared at the front cover of the book. "I want you to read this and I hope it inspires you to help and make a difference in the world. Even if it's just a small difference." He glanced up and smiled at Hyuna. "It's also a story about love, I guess. The book has the effect to make you want to read more."

"I'm sure it will. I'll probably finish this book in less than 3 days." She grinned. 

"When you finish, tell me about it. I want to know what you think about it". Hyuna nodded.

 

                                                                                                    -----

Hyuna woke up caused by her phone vibrating. She opened her eyes as she let out a sigh and snatched the phone from her bedside table quickly. It was 4 in the morning and the sun hasn't even rise yet. Jang Hyunseung: 5 missed calls. She dialed his number and waited for the familiar voice to say 'hello'. It took about 2 rings until someone picked up. 

"Is everything okay?" Hyuna asked with her eyes close.

"Yes." Hyunseung paused and all they could hear was silence. "Can I ask you a favour?" 

"What is it? Does it invovle me getting up?" 

Another pause, "Yes." Silence took over again. Before Hyuna could complain Hyunseung broke the silence. "Can you watch the sun rise with me?"

Hyuna's eyes opened at once and she sat up. Before she knew it, she replied "Yes." She didn't hesitate and she didn't know why she said yes. 

"Really?" 

Hyuna sighed and she was annoyed. "You think I'd lie to you at 4 in the moring? Where should I meet you?" 

"At the big hill. The one that has the big oak tree. Your second favourite place.I'm already here." He whispered. 

"Okay, I'll be there soon." Hyuna said before she hanged up. 

She got up slowly, she was still tired and lazy. She stopped midway with a confuse expression drawn all over her face. She wondered why she said yes without thinking. Before her body could collapse and fall back to bed, she quickly got changed and headed quietly out the door.

                                                                                                     ----- 

It took her 10 minutes to get there since she walked really slowly. Her feet dragging her to get there. She forgot about walking up the hill. She sighed and she was about to sit on the ground when someone gently tapped her on her shoulders, making her jump. 

"Giving up before trying" Hyunseung said as he shook his head in disappoinment. 

"It's now 5 am and I'm still tired." She complained.

"It'll be over soon and you can crawl back on your bed."

"Why do you want to watch the sunrise all of a sudden? Are you scared to watch it by yourself?" She teased as she pinched his cheeks. 

"Owwww!" Hyunseung whined. "If you didn't want to watch it, a simply 'no' would do." He said as he rubbed his cheeks. 

Hyuna smiled and she made her way up the hill until she stopped midway and complained about the hill being to steep. She refused to go any further so Hyunseung had to push her. 

Hyunseung was in the middle of catching his breath while Hyuna was admiring the view. 

"Now I know why this place made it to your top 3 favourite places. The view here is amazing. It looks like it's been painted." Hyunseung said when he could breath normally again. 

Hyuna didn't respond and kept looking staright ahead. They were both silent for a few minutes when Hyuna decided to tell him a story. 

"Another reason why I like this place is because my older sister use to take me here whenever she wanted to paint peacefully. I didn't understand why she took me though, I only asked her questions. We both know it wasn't peacefull." Hyuna sat down and she patted the space next to her inviting Hyunseung to sit. "She was good at finding nice places. She said that only me, her and her boyfriend knew about this place.Now, you know too."

It was the first time that Hyunseung heard Hyuna talk about her sister. He didn't even know she has a sister until now. He didn't ask why she never told him or why he didn't see her. He was just glad that Hyuna would share something like this with him. 

"I was 8 when she first introduced me to this place. I was still in the age of liking princesses and believing in fairies at that time." She let of a smile as she recalled the past. "Once she painted a picture and she gave it to me. She would tell me to treasure it and look at it whenever I was sad." She paused as she looked down at her hands. "I never look at it whenever I was sad. It just made me sad even more." Her voice started to break and she was about to cry. 

Hyunseung was caught off gaurd and he patted her in the back softly. There was only silence. Hyuna held back the tears as she looked up to see the view. "The sun is rising." Both their attention was at the front, watching the sun rise. Hyunseung took Hyuna's hand and held it tightly. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. 

There was not a single cloud in the sky. The oak tree was sheltering them from the sun. The sun was showering the land in front of them with light. 

"It's beautiful." Hyunseung acknowledge.

"Yes, Yes it is" Hyuna admitted as she smiled. She gave Hyunseung's hand a gently squeeze as she looked at him. "Thank you. For everything." She added and she rested her head on his shoulders. Hyunseung could feel his ears heating up and he smiled.

They stayed in that position for a while. They felt safe. They felt like nothing could ever harm them when they were sitting in that spot. They felt happy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book that I mentioned in this story isn't a real book but it's a story here (AFF). The story is called Chasing Summer and it's by summerchild. It's a really good story and what Hyunseung said was my real thoughts and feelings towards the story. It really is an amazing story. I wanted to share it with you guys, so I mentioned it here. 

Thank you for reading and supporting this story ^_^ 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!