The Answer

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonghyun, let’s go.” Minho grabbed his best friend’s upper arm and pulled him out of the apartment after saying goodbye to Key and Taemin.

“Let go of me,” said Jonghyun, annoyed, as Minho pulled him to their parking place.

“So what are you going to do now?” Minho asked, worried.

“I don’t know,” sighed the Dino.

“Are you giving up?” asked Minho in surprise.

“What? Who do you think I am? Have I ever given up? Ever?” Jonghyun said, and started the car.

The ride was long and Jonghyun didn’t say a word during it. He was so deep in his thoughts that Minho, who was in the front passenger seat, was so scared of an accident that he made sure to keep his eyes on the road the whole time. As soon as the car stopped at his house safely, Minho breathed out in relief.

“Thank you. I’m going in now.” He said to his best friend, who showed no reaction. Jonghyun was sitting there, unmoving.

“Hey, Jonghyun, still alive?”

No answer.

“Hello, Kim Jonghyun?”

No reaction.

“Hey, are you ignoring me now?”

Ignored.

“Ok, that’s enough. I’m going in now. You can sit here and--”

“Hey, is your dad still friends with that theme park manager?” Jonghyun finally spoke.

“What?” Minho asked, confused.

 “Is he or is he not? Now answer already,” said the Dino impatiently.

“That friend of my dad is my uncle. You being my best friend should have known that,” answered Minho with disappointment.

“That’s even better. I need your help.” Jonghyun told his friend with a smirk on his face.

______________________________

“Seriously, how did Taemin get lost in a theme park in the middle of the night? Something is wrong here. How dare that Frog let my baby go alone like this? Be ready, Frog, I’m gonna kick your balls so hard that you’ll wish you were a girl.” Kibum complained while walking through the dark theme park alone. “And that security man too, how can he let me walk around the park alone? Isn’t this his job?”

A SMS-tone suddenly interrupted Key’s conversation with himself. Quickly, the boy looked on his phone screen, finding a message from his son.

From: Taebaby
Umma, I’m in the house of mirrors. Please hurry up, it’s so dark here. I’m scared.

“Oh no, my baby. Hold on, umma is almost there,” Key murmured to himself before running as fast as he could to the house of mirrors.

“Minnie, I’m here. Where are you?” He called out loudly, but no one answered.

Didn’t Taemin say he was here? Did something happen to him? Please no.

Carefully, Kibum entered the house, looking for his son. It was quite hard to find someone in a dark house full of mirrors with only the flashlight from his phone. Actually Key couldn’t see much, only that small area where the light shined, but because of the reflections, the light was brighter. Yet, the mirrors also made it scarier. There were thousands of Key’s reflections, so it was like Kibum wasn’t alone, but was being followed by someone. He could even hear someone’s footsteps. Was he going insane?

Suddenly a loud noise came from nowhere and the light went on. Key flinched in shock and turned around instinctively.

“A ghost?” He murmured and instead of screaming, or being scared, the first thing he did was think of his best friend. What if something happened to Taemin?

“Whoever you are, you better tell me where my baby is or I’ll show you the Almighty kick and you’ll wish you were dead one more time.” He yelled to nobody. Wasn’t he scared? Yes, of course. He was scared as hell, but that was just his way to handle his fear. If you act like you’re strong for long enough, you’ll start to believe it.

“Are you threatening a ghost?” All of sudden a low voice answered, even though Key couldn’t see anyone. The Diva narrowed his eyes before speaking.

“YAH, KIM JONGHYUN, DO YOU THINK I WOULDN’T RECOGNIZE YOUR VOICE? COME OUT OR I’LL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, AND YOU CAN BE A REAL GHOST!” The Diva screamed in anger … with success.

Jonghyun stepped out, showing himself in the mirrors. Just then, Kibum noticed he had reached the center of the house and was standing in front of different mirrors that were circling around him. Every mirror had its own effect. One made you look like a tall and thin giraffe, one made you look like a dwarf, one let you have a mini body with a big head…

“Where is my son? What kind of sick joke is this?” Key asked angrily.

“Taemin is fine. He’s at Minho’s house, watching a movie or so. I asked him to bring you here,” answered the Dino.

“Oh, and did you ask him to call an ambulance too? Because I’m going to beat you up so badly, you’ll need one.” Jonghyun imagined Key’s reaction as he saw anger in the other boy’s red face. Joking was fine, but as soon as Taemin was concerned, it wasn’t funny anymore.

Yet, in contrast to his fantasy, Kibum stayed calm and only gave him a cold answer.

“If Taemin is fine, then I’m going home.” said Key, biting his teeth together, surprising the Dino with his reaction.

“Wait,” called Jonghyun, blocking Key’s way.

“I said I don’t want to see you again. Please get out of my way.” Key said with the monotone that Jonghyun hated so much. That didn’t sound like the Almighty Diva Key at all, and that hurt Jonghyun more than Key could know.

“Come on, you’re already here. Can’t you give me a minute and listen to what I want to say? You owe me at least that after breaking up with me.”

“Fine, what do you want to tell me, Jonghyun? That you love me? I think I made clear that you don’t know who I am. What else do y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter