Friendship vs Love

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ Friendship vs Love }

“Key, please, how long are you going to ignore me?” Jonghyun asked in frustration. It had been two days since Jonghyun’s awkward confession, and Kibum had ignored him completely.

The Diva wasn’t mad at Jjong though. He had just decided to give up on his stupid plan and get back to his old life – his old Dino-free life - as long as he still could. Yet, sharing a room with Jonghyun wasn’t helping him at all. It made it much more complicated to ignore a good looking, shirtless Dino, walking through the room, or not to stare at his handsome sleeping face in the morning. Key was trying to do his best though, because he couldn’t fall for Jonghyun. He would only end up hurting them both with his selfishness.

“How did you know where I am?” Kibum asked, annoyed. He had went to the roof, since he didn’t want to be in the same room with the Dino and now it seemed like he needed a new hiding place.

“Taemin told me,” Jonghyun answered.

“Taemin, you little traitor,” murmured Key quietly.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” The Dino questioned.

“No,” said Key coldly, causing Jonghyun to smile bitterly at the Diva’s honesty. 

“Then at least tell me what I did wrong.”  Jjong said.

“Nothing, you did nothing wrong,” answered Kibum.

“Then why are you acting like this?” Jonghyun asked with a sad voice. “You could just tell me that you don’t love me. Do you hate me that much?”

With that, the feeling of guilt hit Kibum, hard. He felt an ache in his heart as he saw disappointment and hurt in Jonghyun’s big eyes. The other boy suddenly looked like a lost puppy and damn it, Key had always had a penchant for that little, cute creature.

“No, I don’t hate you, but…” answered Kibum.

“But you don’t love me either.” Jonghyun finished Key’s sentence on his own.

“I don’t know.” Kibum protested as he heard the hurt in Jonghyun’s voice. He had never seen the player so vulnerable.  “I don’t know what I’m feeling and it scares me. When I’m with you, I can't think straight, it’s like…”

“Like the world… no, like everything became unimportant and all you can see is the beautiful person before you, all you can hear is his wonderful laugh and all you want to feel is his warm touch that sends electricity through your body? Like you can’t keep your eyes off him, no matter how hard you try? I don’t know how it is with you, but that’s exactly what I’m feeling. Tell me you don’t feel the same and I’ll never bother you again.” Jonghyun said, coming closer to Key, looking at him with hopeful eyes.

“I do n---” replied Kibum, but cut himself off right away. “I don’t know what to do Jjong. This is wrong.”

“And who said that? Your mind, or your heart?” Jonghyun asked, placing his hand on Key’s heart, feeling its steady beat.

“Does it feel wrong when I hold your hand in mine?” Jonghyun asked, reached for Key’s hand, holding it tightly.

“Does it feel wrong when you look into my eyes?” Jonghyun asked. Kibum looked straight into his eyes, searching for an answer. No, it didn’t feel wrong at all.

“Does it feel wrong, being in my embrace like this?” Jonghyun asked, hugging the other boy gently before pulling back and placing a soft kiss on Key’s lips.

“Did it feel wrong when I kissed you?” He asked one last time, waiting for answer.

After some time that seemed like years, Key finally spoke.

“No, it felt so wonderful… so right.” A happy tear fell down his cheek as Key answered.

“Then admire it,” said Jonghyun.

“I…” Key stuttered nervously. Was this really the right thing to do?

Oh, forgot it, he didn’t have much time anyway. Why couldn’t he just do what he wanted to?

“I love you, Jonghyun.” He said shyly, and a smile lit up Jjong’s face as he pulled Kibum into a tight hug.

“I love you too, but you already know that,” he said, placing his lips on Key’s, sharing a passionate kiss with his now official boyfriend. The next thing he knew, millions of butterflies were in his stomach as Kibum kissed him back. Did someone set off fireworks? Because Jjong could swear he heard them in his head.

“Oh my god, Jonghyun, look.” Key’s voice suddenly brought the dreaming Dino back to earth. He smiled at Kibum’s cute reaction as the boy saw thousands of colorful balloons flying up to the sky.

“Do you like it? It’s yours.” Jonghyun said, causing the Diva to widen his eyes in shock.

“What? You arranged that?” Key asked, surprised. “But why?”

“It was plan B; in case you were too stubborn, it would have been a bribe.” The Dino said, laughing.

Key looked up at the sky, enjoying the incredible picture before turning back to Jonghyun.

“Thank you, this is the cutest thing someone ever had done for me.” He said with watery eyes.

“Because you deserve the best things in this world,” replied Jjong, kissing Key’s cheek gently.

“So this is how you make everyone fall for you, huh?” Key pouted, pretending to be mad.

“I don’t know. I’ve never tried it on someone else before.” Jonghyun’s answer caused the Diva to smile happily.

“Why don’t you tell me whether it works or not, so I can use it next time when I meet a hot girl?” The Dino teased, earning a deadly glance from the Diva.

“Yah, Kim Jonghyun!” Key yelled at his Dino.

“I’m just kidding, Bummie. I love only you and I’ll be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live.” Jonghyun explained.

“We’re not married,” said Kibum, laughing at his stupid boyfriend.

“But we could be.” Jonghyun argued with a grin on his face.

“I would never marry a Pabo like you, not even if you were Prince Charming coming out of a fairy tale.” Kibum pouted, showing his divaness.

“Oh we’ll see,” said the Dino confidently, as if he had won. And like that the new born couple continued their childish fight while the sun set down.

“What would you have done if Plan B didn’t work?”

“Well, plan C was to kidnap you and lock you up in my cellar.”

“You wouldn’t have dared, stupid Dino.”

“And you’re a nagging Diva.”

“What? Stupid Dino”

“Nagging Diva”

“Stupid Dino”

“Nagging Diva”

“Stupid Dino”

 

“Hyung, do you think they made up already?” Taemin asked, letting the last balloon fly out of the window.

“They better have, or else I’ll kick Jonghyun for making us do this.” Minho answered.

“You don’t like this? I think it’s fun,” said Taemin cheerfully, causing a smile to appear on Minho’s lips. It was weird how the younger boy could make him smile, no matter what mood he was in.

“Yes, it is. I’m just tired, I guess.” Minho said. He wasn’t just tired. He was dead tired. He couldn’t sleep at night because of Taemin lying next to him. The feeling of Taemin’s warmth and Taemin’s caramel scent wouldn’t get off his mind, causing his heart to jump like he was running a marathon and damn it, it was hard to fall asleep when you’re trying to not forget to breathe. Then, if he had finally managed to sleep, he would be woken up by Taemin’s grip around his waist –sometimes around his neck – and Taemin’s legs on his body, as if he was a teddy bear, a huge teddy bear. He couldn’t say he hated it though. He loved how the younger boy buried his face into his back, hugging him from behind, too much.

“Hyung?” Taemin’s voice suddenly interrupted Minho’s thoughts, bringing him back to earth.

“What is it, Minnie?” He asked awkwardly.

“I’m asking whether you want to go to the coffee shop with me. I want some ice-cream and I have to check out if they have banana milk or not.” The younger boy said, smiled brightly as Minho nodded.

The boys entered the coffee shop when suddenly someone bumped into Taemin and spilt coffee on his shirt.

“Oh, damn it, I’m so sorry. Are you ok?” The boy apologized. It was a good looking boy with dark brown hair and a fish-like face.

“I’m fine. It’s ice coffee, so don’t worry.” Taemin answered friendly.

“Hyung, I think I’ll go back to our room to get on a new shirt. Do you want to order for us?” He said to Minho.

“Shouldn’t I come with you?” The older boy asked worried.

“No need, hyung. I’ll be right back.” Taemin said before heading to the door.

“Sorry again, I really didn’t mean to.” The stranger apologized again.

“No problem, see you hyung,” and with that the younger boy left the shop.

“I’m sorry about your friend, Minho-ssi,” the boy said, shocked Minho.

“You know me?”

“Of course, who doesn’t know the caption of our school soccer team?” The fish-like boy said.

 “Oh, nice to meet you…” Minho replied, giving the boy his hand

“Donghae, but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter