Ouch

Geocheo Dojahng

As they made their way through the woods, Rei tripped on a fallen limb. She hit the ground hard and let out a loud yelp. Junsu crouched down next to her. "Are you alright?" He brushed her hair out of her face and helped her to a sitting position. Rei just shook her head, eyes closed and pulling her left ankle up to hold. She whimpered softly. Junsu sat next to her, pulling her against him and wrapping his arms around her comfortingly. "It will be ok. Don't worry, I will take care of you." He rocked her softly, wiping her tears away with his thumb.

"Are you going to be able to make it back on your own?" Nik asked, crouching down in front of the pair.

"I don't think so," Junsu responded for her.

Nik pulled Rei's shoe and sock off. She pushed her Capri up a little to have a better look at the ankle. "Can you move it a little?" Rei gasped, unhappy at the prospect of having to move her hurt leg at all. "Just do it, I need to know if it's broken or just sprained." When her friend finally moved it, Nik nodded her head. She reached into her bag that she had brought everyone towels in and pulled out a long wrapping bandage. After wrapping it tightly, she stood back up. "Well, that is the best I can do until we get back home."

Junsu stood up, leaning back down to pick Rei up bridal style. Rei squeaked at the sudden closeness to her not-so-secret long-time crush. Her cheeks reddened. "This is going to be kind of difficult to make it through all of the debris without tripping. If you could wrap your arms around my neck and hold on, it should make it a little easier, and a little safer for both of us." She nodded before clasping her hands together behind his neck.

As they walked on, both began to relax into the closeness they were sharing. Rei snuggled her head into his shoulder, taking in a full breath of his scent. She sighed contently. Junsu smiled down at her. This is comfortable he thought to himself.

As they finally reached home, the sun was just starting to turn the sky a deep purple. Nik asked Junsu to keep an eye on Rei while she went to make breakfast for everyone and sent Crys and Jaejoong to the village down the mountain for the doctor. Yunho went to lay Aaron down in his bed while Yoochun and Changmin elected to go take a nap before breakfast.

In front of her home, Junsu stopped and sat down on a swing. He readjusted Rei so that her foot was propped up on the side of the swing and she was leaning against him. "How are you feeling?"

"I've been better," she let out a weak laugh.

"It really hurts, doesn't it?" He readjusted them again so they could see each other and Rei could rest her head on his arm and chest. She nodded her response, but the pain did seem to be lessening. She is so beautiful. He smiled down at her. After several minutes passed of them just staring into each other's eyes, he cleared his throat. "It's a beautiful morning," he tried to start a conversation.

"It is. It's always beautiful here. You should see it when it snows, there is nothing so beautiful." Rei closed her eyes, remembering a few months ago when a snow storm and covered the entire mountain in a sheet of fluffy white snow.

"I'm sure it was not as beautiful as you," Junsu blushed suddenly, completely shocked by the words he let out. He had never been one for thinking before acting, but he was never quite that honest and up front.

Rei's face burned from the compliment. Oh my gosh, did he really just call me beautiful? Her head was rushing with thoughts that she could not focus completely on before the next thought took over. Oh crap, I haven't said anything. He probably thinks I'm conceited for not thanking him. But if I thank him instead of disagreeing with him that would still be conceited sounding, wouldn't it. Dangit I still haven't said anything. "Um," SAY SOMETHING REI! "Thank you," she said hesitantly.

Wow, that took her a while to respond. I so should not have said anything. Now she is uncomfortable with me. WHY DO I NEVER THINK FIRST?! He blushed a little more and turned to look away from her. "I'm sorry, that was to forward."

"No...no. Thank you, really. I have never been compared to such a beautiful scenery. It was a very sweet thing to say." She sat up a little so they could be at the same eye level. She hesitated for a moment, just staring into his eyes. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, and definitely acting out of character, she leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Quickly regretting her rash actions, she turned away from him. Rei's face burned a deep crimson, holding it in her hands. She almost yelped when she felt his weight against her back as he gave her a tight hug then pulling her back into his arms.

They sat like that for a long time, watching the sun come into full view. The smell of food washed over them. "Stay here, I will go get us both a plate." After allowing her to get comfortable on the swing, he quickly made his way in the direction of food.

"How is she?" Nik asked when he started filling two plates.

A slight pink crossed Junsu's cheeks once again. "She is feeling a little better now that she can prop up her foot."

"Good. Take good care of her. If there is a problem, I will hold you responsible." There were hidden meanings to her words that he picked up on quickly. He nodded when the plates were full and headed back to Rei.

As he approached, he admired her soft form curled up on the swing. Maybe I should ask her out? He shook his head. No, I have not known her long enough. This is just a situational crush we have. He sighed, angry with his indecision. He suddenly got a sly look on his face, noticing she had her back turned away from his decision. He creeped up behind her as quietly as he could, "Food is here!" he said loudly, making her jump. When Rei turned to face him, an angry scowl plastered on her face and ready to slap Junsu, her heart dropped. He had the sweetest most innocent look and rested his chin on his hands in his childish manner.

"Stop that! I'm supposed to be mad at you for nearly giving me a heart attack! How am I supposed to be serious when you are making that face?" Rei giggled.

"That's the point." He helped scoot her over and handed her a plate.

"I should make you sit on the ground for being so rotten!" she frowned into her food.

"You wouldn't do that to me, would you?" he said in a child-like voice. Rei let out an exasperated sigh and shoveled a bit of food into . She kept her head down the entire time they ate. "Are you mad at me?"

"No, just angry that you can make me not mad at you so easily. I am good at being mad at people, you should be no exception."

"What can I do to make it up to you?" He took her plate when she was finished and placed it on the ground along with his and turned so they were facing each other on the swing.

Oh no, dirty thoughts. Go away! She scolded herself. This is not a time to be thinking like that. He did NOT mean it like that. Frustrated with herself, she just shook her head. Then an idea popped into her head. "Sing to me."

His childish-innocent look returned. "Which song?"

"I don't know," Rei almost whined out. "One from your solo tour. How about," she pretended to think for nearly a minute so as to not be found out. "Lullaby?"

He laughed, "Alright." As he began to sing, he swayed from side to side, rocking her with him slightly. As he started on the chorus, he stood up and began dancing. Noticing her eyes watching him intently, he put everything into this private show. As he finished the song, he knelt in front of her, grasping one of her hands in both of his.

"That was, amazing." Rei pulled him up to the swing and they cuddled for what seemed like an hour...