Midnight Romp

Geocheo Dojahng

Changmin groaned again. It was only an hour after lunch and he was bored. Nik and Aaron had run off to afternoon practice and Rei and Crys went to finish dishes from lunch, which left the brothers to themselves for a few hours. At the moment they were all relaxing on the field they had played soccer on that morning. "I'm bored."

"Just enjoy the time to relax. We have been running on steam for the last month with no breaks at all. This is nice," Yunho stretched out in the grass, arching his back and letting out an exaggerated yawn to emphasize his exhaustion. To himself he finished "I see why she enjoys it here so much."

"What was that?" Yoochun asked, twisting his head in an odd angle to see his older brother shrug. He twisted his head back to the normal position and raised up off his back to sit and look at his brothers, all back together after way to long. "This is how it was always meant to be," the middle brother smiled.

"You get to emotional," Junsu laughed, sitting up as well.

"Did I ever tell you, you are too noisy?" Yoochun through back.

"Real original," Junsu answered, but with his signature smile still gracing his face.

"It's true, you are noisy," Changmin decided to fuel the fire. But before an all out insult fest could insue, they were interupted by Rei, followed by an almost giddily bouncing Crys over to where the five were sitting.

Jaejoong and Junsu got up to meet the women. "What has her in such a happy mood?" Junsu asked Rei, almost afraid of the hyperactive blonde.

"That is simple, my friend," Crys answered before Rei could get a word out. "My best friend has finally agreed to take me to her hideout. Not only that, she said we could all go, tonight!" Crys was literally bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"What is so special about this place?" Jaejoong asked after everyone was seated again. "Is it like the place you took me to earlier?"

"I don't know for sure. She has kept this place hidden since she found it a week after we arrived. All I really know is she only goes out to it in the middle of the night, and when she arrives a few hours before daybreak she is in high spirits."

"So when can we go?" Changmin, looking forward to exploring what he could only imagine was a miraculous savior from the boredom he had felt today.

Rei pointed up to a tall tree across the village to the north. "She said when the moon looks like it is resting on top of the Sheppard tree we will leave." She grinned at how her friend had worded it.

"So what should we do until then?" Junsu asked the group. When he thought no one was paying him any mind he slipped his hand around Rei's, lacing their fingers and feeling the perfect fit. Rei glanced down for a brief moment, but not wanting to make a scene of it, kept quiet. She too noticed how natural their hands seemed to fit together.

"Well," Crys spoke up. "We could bowl?" she offered.

"You have a bowling alley here?!" Changmin exclaimed.

"Not exactly," Nik cut in, having just arrived unnoticed along with her son. "We have ten logs forty centimeters tall and we usually kick a ball and see how many we can knock down." Nik couldn't help but laugh to herself. It was definitely not the conventional version of bowling.

"Should we play teams?" Junsu asked. "You know, just to make it a little more interesting."

After a seemingly endless argument of what the teams were, they finally decided it would be Junsu, Rei, Crys, and Jaejoong versus Yunho, Nik, Changmin, and Yoochun. Aaron had been invited to play a game with some of the First Degrees and was happy to join them. The game insued, Junsu first up. A strike. Nik picked the "pins" up and put them back correctly.

The game went on for nearly two hours, nearly tied, with Junsu and Jaejoong edging out to be the best competitors of the game. "It's amazing, I think I should stick to this version of bowling from now on," he stated after his fourth strike of the game.

Soon after the game was finished and everyone was relaxing, Nik had to run off to fix supper, becoming stoic once again. After supper, much of the same occured. The men were left to themselves while the women cleaned and Nik and Aaron went to the last practice of the night. Around dusk everyone started heading to their huts. The women reminded the men of exactly when to leave.

The moment the moon was directly above the Sheppard tree the group of nine snuck out of their homes and as quietly as they could made their way to the wooded barrier of the village. After checking to be sure that everyone was safely covered by the shadow of the trees Nik exhaled deeply. "I can't believed we're doing this," she laughed slightly, shaking her head in disbelief of her own behavior.

"Everyone needs a little fun from time to time," Yunho gave her his most charming smile. Nik grumbled and gave him a slight shove before motioning for everyone to follow her. After several minutes of hiking, the whole time Changmin asking how much farther it was. Finally, they came to the clearing. Everyone's jaws hit the floor in unison aside from Aaron and Nik's.

"This is more amazing than I had imagined!" Crys gawked. Everyone continued looking around. There was a hammock set up between two trees, a stone fireplace; but in the center, spanning nearly thirty meters in diameter, was a steaming spring. The spring itself was not the amazing part, but that the moon lit it up perfectly.

"And we can swim in it?" Changmin asked, already ing his shirt and getting ready to pull it off. The second Nik had nodded, Changmin grabbed Junsu and threw him in fully clothed. Rei squeaked and frowned angrily. Nik laughed, but was suddenly hoisted in the air by two strong arms. Instantly in fight mode, she started fighting to get away.

"Relax, relax," came a soothing voice from the arms holding her. She calmed down and finally saw it was Yunho who was holding her bridal style, though awkwardly since she had a guilotine choke on him. She slowly release his neck and gave him a quick apologetic look. Before Yunho knew it, the apology was gone, as was her lower body from his grip. He did not have a chance to see the wicked look she gave as she did an arm drag and flung him into the awaiting spring. He came up for air, tredding water and looked angrily at her. "You cheat!"

"I would never!" She exclaimed right before she did a cannon ball in right next to him, splashing a huge wave of water over his unexpecting face.

Over in the shallow end, Crys and Jaejoong sat relaxing in eachother's company. "This place is so relaxing," Crys sighed. Jaejoong nodded his agreement, sliding closer to wrap a strong arm around her shoulders.

"Let's have a chicken fight!" Aaron said as he tred water next to his mother in the deep end.

"We usually do that on dry land," Changmin argued.

"Not that kind of chicken fight. It's where you have one person standing in the water about abdomin to chest level and another person sitting on their shoulders. The people on the top are supposed to try to knock the other people into the water. Last team standing wins." Everyone agreed, along with Yoochun sitting out due to his asthma having been giving him problems since they arrived. After a rousing game of Kai Bai Boh, the teams were Crys on Nik, Rei on Jaejoong, Aaron on Yunho, and Changmin on Junsu, to which Junsu claimed he should not have to try and support such a large load.

Yoochun said "Go," and the game began. Aaron and Yunho quickly fell to a preempted strike of Rei and Jaejoong's, followed by them quickly going down do Nik swyping Jaejoongs legs as Crys through Rei off balance. Then it was two. Nik and Crys sized of the male team, both with equally menacing looks. The two fighting duo's walked at eachother and Crys and Changmin locked arms. This pulled Junsu in pefect range for Nik to wrap a leg around to pull his knee out from under him. This caused him to lose balance, and at the perfect moment Crys spun her upper body to cause Changmin to fly backwards and into the water.

After everyone was done talking about how it was not fair that Crys and I had played to many times together and knew how to work with eachother, it was time to go. The moon was almost out of view, and Nik said that it was time they left.

On the way through the woods, Aaron said he was to tired to walk. Yunho quickly offered and picked him up.