Getting To Know You

Geocheo Dojahng

I'm sorry for how long it took to update. My computer and I have not been on friendly terms, but finally...Chapter 4!

~~~~

Crys leaned her head back to rest it against Jaejoong's chest. She inhaled, "It smells like Nik has lunch ready, I'm hungry let's go." Jaejoong laughed softly, but released the blonde from his grasp and instead took her by the hand to walk back to the oven.

Off in another part of the hideaway village, Junsu and Rei were sitting in open field they had previously been playing soccer in. Rei had her legs pulled up to her chest and resting her chin on her knees. Junsu was on his back resting his head on the soccer ball.

"Alright it's your turn, what was your most embarrassing moment?" Junsu asked with a wicked grin plastered to his face.

"You barely even answered, why should I have to answer?" Rei pouted.

"I answered, you just don't want to tell me yours and that is cheating." He gave her an adorable pouty face in return.

Rei blushed and sighed. "Fine, back in middle school I was supposed to lead the choir in a song. The only problem was I had no idea what song I was supposed to sing until right before class started and I had never heard the song before in my life." She covered her face, reliving the embarrassment all over again. Junsu laughed. "It's not funny," she all but whined at him. Rei turned her back stubbornly towards him.

She heard him sit up and suddenly felt a hand resting on her shoulder.  "I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing because I had a similar incident back before Dong Bong Shin Ki got together."

"Really?" Rei spun her head to look over her shoulder that was not occupied by Junsu's hand. He had a twinkle in his eye as he nodded. Rei spun herself back around to face him as he dropped his hand back to his side. "What is your very first memory?" Rei asked, tilting her head and resuming their game of One Million Questions.

They continued on for a long time, until both heard Junsu's stomach grumble. Rei laughed, "You could have told me you were getting hungry. I smell the food Nik prepared for lunch, and we do NOT want to arrive last. The people here eat like Changmin," they both laughed. Junsu was the first to stand up, leaning down and offering her his hand to help her up. She hesitated a moment, but Junsu was not deterred. He leaned farther down and took her hand from the ground and pulled her up effortlessly. Smiling to himself, he released her hand when she was stably on her feet.

Across the field near the huts, Yunho and Aaron walked. "Do you enjoy living here?" Yunho asked the boy as they explored the land near the gardens. Aaron nodded as he looked over the plants to make sure they had all been watered thoroughly. "You are a very responsible child." He came up to rest his hand on his shoulder.

"I have good role models in the people here," he smiled up at the Yunho.

"Are there any children here for you to play with?" Aaron shook his head. "Then who do you play with?" Yunho pressed.

"I play with Mom and some of the others here. And sometimes I go to the city with Crys and Rei. I don't like it down there as much. I like here, like Mom does." He looked proudly on across the property to where his mother was working the cooker. Yunho looked over as well, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Do you like Mom?"

The question startled Yunho. He squat down to be on Aaron's eye level. "Of course, she seems like a very good woman. And a good mother." Yunho had to choose his words carefully, not sure of the young man's interest.

"She is a great mom." Aaron took a step back, and just before he burst into a run, he shouted, "Last one to serving table likes to eat dog poop!" and he ran hard, laughing. Yunho was stunned for a moment, then took off after him.

"Don't touch that!" Nik smacked Changmin's hand with the long wooden spoon she wielded as he tried to take a bite from the soup she had turned her back to for a brief second.

"I'm hungry!" he groaned, rubbing him hand pathetically. Seeing that he was not going to get any sympathy from such a hard woman, he decided to take another approach. "What if I helped you stir?"

"Sweetheart, if you do not leave my food alone, I will make sure you are the last to get a bowl."

Yoochun laughed, startling the two supposed adults. Changmin glared. "What is so funny?" Yoochun shook his head. Changmin just grumbled and rubbed his hand once more before turning back to the food and the evil woman keeping him from it. "Why can't I have just a little?"

"We eat as a family. No one eats before everyone has been notified that food is ready. Also, the meat is not completely cooked and it would probably make you sick." Changmin rolled his eyes, muttering a "Whatever" before going to sit at a table a few meters away.

"You handle him well," Yoochun said to her, watching her stirring hand move smoothly through the soup.

"I have been raising a child for a while, Changmin seems about as stubborn as my son." She chuckled softly, seeing her son and Yunho sprinting across the property in their direction.

A few minutes later, the entire village was making a line to eat. After everyone had their food, Nik fixed her own bowl and joined her friends, new and old, and coming to stand behind her son. "Does anyone need anything before I sit down?" After everyone shook their head, she sat down between Aaron and Yoochun.

"Delicious as always, Mommy," Crys prompted, noticing the silent table, and nudging Jaejoong in the ribs.

"Oh, Jae, I forgot," Nik passed a red bottle cross the table to where he sat. He took the bottle in hand and smiled, emptying nearly two tablespoons of the spicy Sriracha to his bowl before offering it to the rest of the table.

They continued to eat in silence for a while longer, much to Crys' dismay. Changmin and Aaron both went back for seconds, and after everyone had eaten they continued to sit. Changmin was the first to speak. "Now what should we do?"

The rest of the group sighed. "I'm too full to hit him, you do it," Yoochun said to Jaejoong, who did it with great pleasure.

"Why am I always getting hit? I don't get it. We are old enough for you to regard me as a man, and not a child anymore." He pouted childishly, then suddenly flinched when he saw Nik get up and walk around the table to where he was sitting. Without a word, she knelt down, pulling out a napkin and wiping some left over food off of his face. Changmin looked confused. Nik patted his cheek affectionately before standing and returning to her seat.

"Always a Mommy," Crys laughed.