Final

3 Days of Bittersweet Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: So hi guys. I am actually a bit pissed off because I already wrote a longer AN but i don't like wth okay. I will try to type all that thing back lol. Anyway, an update! Yes! update! But not the real update. As you realized, I've squeezed all the chapters in one chapters. I realized that I marked this story as a oneshot when it is not actually. SO yeah, and this like an upgraded version of the story as I've fixed some mistakes here and there. Of course still not perfect as it is not beta-ed. Anyway, OMGASHHHHHHHH where did all of you came from?! Like seriously, 80+ subscribers and 5 upvotes. How can I thank you guys. LIke seriously. I am sooooooo grateful towards you guys. I can say that I love than food. Lol no kidding. I love food more. Anyway, I wanna hug each and everyone of you. And throw cookies or even better money lol. Okay maybe not money but food yeah. food. lol. Anyway I hope you enjoy this story and leave comment if you want. A little bit of feedback will be appreciated.

 

 

 

 

It is 2015, you  are getting ready for school. The teachers of your school agreed to give the students a day full of leisure because it is Valentine's Day.

Jieun sigh for the hundred time on that morning.

She suddenly remember the 3 things that she’s been through.

 On 2014,

Ji Eun was preparing a box of chocolate for her beloved boyfriend.

Handmade, of course.

She was head over heel for him. As it was Valentine's Day, her school made a carnival for the teenagers to enjoy themselves and to spend their free time with their boyfriend/girlfriend together.

 

That was a year ago when she can still smile brightly. The Valentine's Day this year is very different from the year before. Ji Eun did not prepare any chocolates, she is not as happy as before, she is not as cheerful and bubbly as before.

You sigh for the last time before you come out of the single apartment.

Yes, you live alone.

Walking alone during the morning is not a good idea since maybe some drunken man will linger around especially right now as it is still dark.

Luckily, you arrive at the school safely. Your school is only a 5 minutes- walk from your house so you see no reason to take a public transport.

 

When you arrive at school, as usual, other students will tease you and make fun of you.

Your schoolmates always said

“You're a nerd, you're ugly.“

“You're mute. No one likes you“.

However, one thing that they don't know about is you’re parentless.

 

Jieun POV's :

 

I am sitting at the corner of the classroom by myself.

 I'm an outcast.

Nobody wants to start conversing with me.

Upon enjoying the peace I’ve earn, I suddenly remember some hurtful memories that I don't ever want to think about.

 A year ago, on 2014,

I was walking towards my boyfriend’s classroom , people around me started to whisper. I was not alert about anything at that time, so, I continued walking with happiness containing my heart. I was searching for my boyfriend when his other classmate telling me that my boyfriend has not arrived yet. I waited for him, patiently.

Suddenly, the front door opened. There he was, walking inside of the class joking happily with his friend. His name is Lee Byunghyun  but  people called him L.Joe.

When he saw me, he frowned. I was oblivious of the glare he was giving me.  He walked towards my direction, his seat. A smirk appeared on his face.

Other time when he smirked, I found it y but this one, it was different and

it scared me.

I was shocked.

He yelled at me.

 

L.Joe POV's :

 When I saw that Jieun was waiting for me with a smile on her face, I frowned. I walked to my seat with a smirk plastered on my face. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing at the moment and stared at us,

I was yelling at her.

"Yah! What are you doing here?!"

I exchanged looks with my friends when I saw her expression changed into a pure shock.

Then, I continued yelling at her.

“Are you mute?! I'm asking you a question right now! Answer me!”

Judging from the look on her face, she was clearly shocked. She answered me with a fake-pathetic-forceful-like smile on her face.

“I was waiting for you. I just wanted to give these chocolates I made for you.”

I took the chocolates from her, and she smiled. Glad that I accepted her gift.

The smile did not last long as I threw her gift on the ground and stomped on it.

I said,

"Who are you and why did you gave me these stupid chocolates?!"

"How could you?! I'm Hwang Ji Eun! You're girlfriend!" she said, trying to hold back her tears.

"Girlfriend? What girlfriend? I don't have one! If I do have a girlfriend, obviously it's not you!"

I said.

 Humiliating her in front of my classmates should be more than enough right?

After all, this was just a bet.

She ran out of my classroom with tears trickling down her cheek.

For a moment, I thought that I was a jerk but that feeling came and go in a flash.

 

 

 

 

As soon as she heard that phrase escaped his mouth, she could no longer hold back her tears. Ji Eun ran, not knowing where to go, she just moved to where her legs brought her as long as it would be away from him. She ran to the garden behind the school. The place was her secret place where nobody knows. She sat on the bench, bursting out in tears.

When she finally found the courage to stand up, the school bell rang. People came out from the classroom, heading to the cafeteria. That was when she started to think for how long did she cry?

When she walked into the cafeteria, everyone looked at her. Then suddenly, the people in the cafeteria laughed at her! They even humiliated her by saying that L.Joe were just playing with her,

she knew that okay. She was not that dumb.

Again, she ran out of the cafeteria heading to her classroom to pack all her things.

After that, she called her parents to pick her up and begged them to exchange her to other school.

She felt so nauseous after hanging up the call and ate her medicines to get rid of the pain.

 

 

 

 

I felt really weak right now as I thought I would faint any time,

most probably now .

Several minutes later, my parents arrived. I walked out of the school heading to my parents’ car, limping to be exact.

My parents were so worried about my pale face. They decided to take me to the hospital for a check-up.

After a minute of silent surrounding the car, my mom said that they already moved me to the other school.

I felt relieved and smiled weakly to my mother.

 

 

 

 

 

When we arrived, my father went to the reception saying something to the nurse.

The nurse nodded her head and took me to the doctor’s office.

The doctor did a check-up on her to see her current condition.

He said that the result would come out soon and he would inform me and my parents later.

I'm limping while walking out of the doctor’s office.

That was when I could see nothing except for darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

When I woke up, I'm on the patient's bed. I heard my parents and the doctor discussing about my sickness.

They didn't know that I was already awake so they continued the discussion.

Words that came out of the doctor’s mouth made surprised me.

The doctor said that I would only have exactly a year left before death greeting me.

My parents came to me when the heard my cry,

soothing me with some words to try calming me down.

I calmed down a bit when there was no tear left to be released.

Feeling a bit determined, I held my head up and asked my parents,

"Is it true mom? I only have less than a year?"

My mom could do nothing but to smile at me and weakly nodded her head,

I sighed.

I couldn't cry anymore since I knew my eyes were already worn out from all the crying.

That is the first 2 things that I really hated,

really loathed happened to me.

 

 

 

Two days later, I was discharged from the hospital.

While I was waiting for my parents with a smile plastered on my face, my phone rang.

Baby don't cry,

Tonight,

Ajomigo chigeo namyeon.

“Annyeong Appa! Where are you right now?”

“I'm sorry, is this Hwang Jieun?”

My face changed from happy to serious.

“Ne, this is Hwang Jieun speaking. May I know who’s talking? Where is my appa?”

“I'm a police officer from Seoul Police Station. I'm sorry to tell you that your parents are involved in a car crash.”

My heart dropped upon hearing the police officer statement.

“But, my parents are okay right? They promise to pick me up from the hospital this morning. I just talk to them last night!”

“We're very sorry Miss Hwang. We called you just to inform this. That will be all for today Miss Hwang. We will give you more information about this later. Have a good evening Miss Hwang”

As soon as the line was cut off, my phone fell from my grip.

I fell on my knees on to the floor with my head hanging down lowly.

A feeling of despair, sadness, devastated all mixed up invaded my body, my mind and my soul.

“Why does these things happened to me?! After being humiliated, with only a year to live, and now! My parents are dead! My Appa and Umma are dead! Who will take care of me from now on?! Who will stay by my side from now on?! Most importantly, who will love me from now on?  Now! All the 3 things that I hate already happen in my life. Why does  god have to be so cruel to me? What did I do wrong?”

I suddenly remembered all the painful words L.Joe said to me.

'Are you MUTE?!'

'Are you MUTE?!

'Are you MUTE?!'

That phrase kept repeating in my head like a broken recorder.

“If you're saying that I'm mute. I will be one from now on“

I said with an audible whispering voice.

 

The next day:

7.30 a.m .

 

I was on my way to my new high school, SMAcademy.  One of the most prestigious school in Seoul.

Together with my new uniform, braided hair and geeky glasses, plus with my mute personality, I totally looked like a nerd and a loser.

When I reached the gate of the school, the school girls suddenly cheering loudly and made a clear path for someone.

I was so shocked and my body became numb.

In my thought I say,

'Did they already knew about me and the things happened to me?'

My thought were cut off when a man’s voice whispered to my ears,

''Are you going to stand here all the time?'' the person said to me.

When I turned around, the man’s face was only inches away from my face.

My heart started to beat quickly, making a loud thumping noise.

Being a mute person I was “Sorry,” that's all the word I could say before I stepped out from 'their' path.

I wondered, they must be the kingka, but, why did my heart beating so fast earlier.

This was the first time my heart was beating fast after I'm with L.Joe.

Does this means love?

'Pft, no. I don't like him.'

 

 

In the classroom, because of my nerdy look and mute at the same ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter