Chapter 27

If You Cannot

 

Chapter Twenty Seven

 

 

Mara’s POV

 

 

Four months passed by quickly than I expected. I didn’t know that I could cope after my brother passed away. But the memories I had these six months I have been in Seoul would always be in my heart.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Lee oppa decided to bring me back to Seoul without any warning. Then he goes and decides to make me the new music producer of a group I haven’t even met.

 

 

“...from now on you will be the new music producer for their solo songs, and you will be living with them as their new event coordinator since the last one had to resign...”

 

 

Within two months, I experienced a lot of things. I experienced how it is to take care of idols that always acted like little kids. I experienced how serious the music industry is for me, when I tried to catch the person behind the leakage of the boys’ songs. I also experienced the sadness and fear of losing my only family that was left. But despite that, I also experienced of what it means to be in love. That was one thing that I was so grateful for.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

I was watching the guys with Toya while they practice their routine for the Love Like This. I composed the music this time to flaunt the manliness of these guys. The album “Rebirth” has been released already and they are in the last week of their promotions.

 

 

“I hope you are doing well President Toya. So, how does it feel?” I was teasing him again. I knew that he was not comfortable with the arrangement yet even if four months have passed.

 

 

“Don’t even start it. You and Lee sure know how to torture me.”

 

 

“You should have seen you face when the lawyer read his will, a week after he peacefully passed away. It was priceless.”

 

 

“De. Even I could imagine what I looked like.” We were both quiet as we remembered that particular memory.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Min’s Residence

 

 

“Miss Min Yun Hei, are you sure that it is okay for you that they are around?” the lawyer was referring to the guys who was sitting around me also. I only nodded.

 

 

“Very well. I have already discussed with you and your brother the details of the will so I’ll only be reading the exact written will of the late Mr. Min Lee Wei.” I felt Saengie wrap his arms around me tighter as the lawyer began. Toya was sitting stiffly in front of me. Hana, his sister was by his side.

 

 

“...Mr. Toya Kanesaka will be the only president legible to replace me, as matters of this, me and my sister Yun Hei have agreed and transferred all our rights to him. Any violent reactions from Mr. Toya Kanesaka will be considered not important. All assets of the company will be given to him while the remaining will be given to my sister, Min Yun Hei....”

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“You and your brother sure is sneaky to be able to pull that off without me noticing.” He broke the silence between us.

 

 

“De.” I smiled. Giving Saengie a bottle of water as he plopped down beside me.

 

 

“And you are even proud of that?” Toya was laughing already.

 

 

“Proud of what hyung?” Saengie asked Toya, curious of  he was referring to.

 

 

“Your girlfriend is proud that she is one hell of a sneaky girl like her brother.” Toya replied with a huge grin.

 

 

“De. She can be a real little devil at times.” He looked at me and gave me a wink. My whole was turning red the moment I got his message.

 

 

“I’ll go leave you two. I have to go back to the chaos of my office. I was just here to deliver this to you.” He handed me a car key, and by the looks of it, it was my brother’s car key.

 

 

“Ha! Now I can drive! Thanks hyung.” I smiled sweetly. He then headed towards the door.

 

 

“Hyung!” I called out just in time, as he was about to close the door behind him.

 

 

 “Komawo. For being there for him all this time, and for taking care of me as he did.” He nodded and walked away.