Chapter 26

If You Cannot

 

Chapter Twenty Six

 

 

Lee’s POV

 

 

Everyone was gathered at the table, busy eating. We were celebrating the successful promotion of the solo collection.

 

 

“Congratulations to you all for your effort. Now enough with the formalities, I’m here as your hyung not as the president.” I told them when they were too formal except for Jungmin and Mara of course.

 

 

“Jungmin ah, if you keep staring at her she might melt.” I heard Youngsaeng .

 

 

“Ya! Hyung, trying to get back at me?” but he was blushing while acting angry.

 

 

“Ga-eul ah, it’s so nice that your company decided to assign you here in Seoul. That way my sister won’t forget that girls still live in her world.”

 

 

“De. It being the only girl here. And all I see 24/7 is these kids who can’t sit still in one place.” My sister was complaining but teasing at the same time.

 

 

“I was also happy Lee oppa that they assigned me here since I know Yun Hei, I mean Mara is here as well.”

 

 

“Haha Mara is pouting at you. You just called her Yun Hei.” I pointed at my sister.

 

 

“Honey, stop pouting. Yun Hei is your korean name, don’t you like it?” her lover was now trying to persuade her.

 

 

“It’s just that whenever someone calls me that, I feel like I am in trouble again” we all laughed. Knowing that I only call her by her real name when she did something wrong.

 

 

I was looking at the scene wherein everyone was so happy. For the first time, I feel relieved and secured.  Relieved that she has now found where she belongs to, where she can be herself again and secured because I know she found that one special person. The person who she will open her heart and trust him enough with all her fears and happiness. And now that Ga-Eul was here, I am pretty sure that it won’t take a long time before Jungmin finds his special person also. I was betting on that.

 

Jungmin’s POV

 

 

“Mianhe. If those kids are pushy and irritating, but they are all caring and look out for each other.” I was driving Ga-Eul home since no one wanted to take her home and insisted that I do it.

 

 

“Anniyo. I had fun. I never thought that I would gain friends so fast. Although I wasn’t expecting it to be idols. I was kind of shocked when Mara pushed me in front of the door.” I looked at her and admired the sincerity in her voice.

 

 

“We hear about you all the time from her, especially me. She mentions you always on her emails back when you guys were still in California.” I took a right turn when she asked me to.

 

 

“She mentions you too but I thought she was just kidding when she said you were an singer. Whenever I call her, she would say that she is living with a bunch of kids,” she was now giggling.

 

 

“Aiggoo. No wonder you didn’t believe her. So do you think you’ll like it here?” I asked her.

 

 

“De. I’ve been here a few times before, so I am already familiar with this place.” She then asked me to stop at a blue house, a couple of blocks from a convenience store.

 

 

“Komawo. Jungmin oppa. I had a great time.” She bowed and smiled so sweetly.

 

 

“Ga-Eul ah, do you think you’ll also like being with us most of the time when you’re not busy? I do want to know you better.” I called out to her before she went inside their gate.

 

 

“Arasso. I’ll be happy with that too oppa. Good night.”

 

“Good night!” I answered back and watched her disappear into her cousin’s place.