Fears

Follow me into the Darkness

-Chapter  9- Fear


    A few days has past in silence and people in the castle were leaving for their summer break to spend with their families out of the castle. Woohyun hadn't check the book in a while so he decided that tonight was going to be the night.

    " Bye Eun!" he yelled, waving his hands at her in a mellow gesture as he stood on the porch watching her get into a carriage with an older woman, who seemed to be her mom. She gave him a friendly grin and a small flutter of her fingers that indicated a wave. The large iron gates opened and the carriage was pulled away by the large brown horses. Other carriages that held other servants and ministers pulled away after them.

    " Are you going to miss her?" A shallow voice asked behind him. He smiled, not having to turn around to ask who it was," I asked you a question, answer it."

    " I'll miss everyone," Woohyun admitted, glancing back at the queen. Hana had her arms folded with a slight frown on her face. Most of Infinite had left for their one week vacation. Woohyun had to stay because his family had already left him for their vacation. Besides, He thought, who was going to watch over the queen if no one was around?

    " So will I," she said, though she didn't sound entirely honest. Since no one was around to close the gate she ordered Woohyun to do it. He followed her into the castle, feeling awkward," I'm going into the garden."

    He decided he would catch up with her later and headed up the stairs. The room was lonely without his leader so he went straight to taking the book out from under his pillow. Woohyun flipped through the first page and noticed that there was a new paragraph written on the page after.

    Well done, chosen one. You have accomplished your first battle and even decided to stay in the castle to protect the queen. But there is something you should know. The closer you get to her, the closer you will be in the darkness. But do not fret, just enjoy your vacation with her. Perhaps then, everything you once knew will come back to your, perhaps you will remember what you are suppose to remember. Trust in the book, Woohyun. Do not doubt us. We will reveal ourselves to you when you remember your past...............

    Woohyun turned to the next page but it was blank. He closed the book and wondered what the book meant when they said he was getting closer to being in the darkness. And what were these memories? Are they the visions he has been having? They're telling him to enjoy his vacation after all this?! And they even said to not worry about it like it wasn't a bad thing! Frustrated he puts the book back under the pillow, forcing down his urges to fling it across the room. He knew that if he wanted to find out everything, he would have to follow the book's instruction. That was his only choice.

    He jumps up from the bed to stare out of the bedroom window that looked over into the rose garden. Hana was walking in the garden, touching the roses when he notices that something that resembled a small shiny pink orb following her around. Woohyun got up and left the room. He found his way into the garden and saw the shiny pink orb sitting in the palm of her hands.

    " Yah!" He yelled, coming over in a noisy manner," what is that?!"

    Hana had already noticed him the moment he came out the door," it's a Summer Fairy."

    " A Summer fairy?" He repeated, tilting his head to the side. Woohyun remembered his mother telling him stories about them but he had never saw one before," what is it doing here?"

    " She came here to give birth," Hana explained calmly," they lay their eggs in the roses and the next morning, when the sun rises, the eggs will hatch and they'll fly away to their heart's desires."

    " That sounds amazing," Woohyun whispered coming over to Hana and bending over to peer at the little pink orb. he could see a tiny white fairy in the orb and waved at it," hello! I'm Woohyun!"

    The little orb does a little dance as a response and even twirls for him. Hana smiles and looks down at the orb," she's happy to meet you," Hana explained even though Woohyun thought it was pretty obvious," they're usually not close with people."

    " Maybe she sees something special in you," Woohyun chuckles and holds his hand out, hoping the little pink orb would come over. It was reluctant at first but it ended up floating towards Woohyun and sitting on his palm," yay~ I think she likes me!"

    " I think she's just being nice," Hana snorted. They watched as the fairy floats and sits down on a the petal of a rose.

    " I think someone's jealous," Woohyun smirks and leans in so that their nose was touching. He could tell that her face was flushing but she didn't dare pull away.

    " No one's jealous," she stated, slapping his face away. He winces and places his hand on his left cheek, swearing their was a pink hand mark there," I hope you've learned your lesson."

    How was he suppose to protect her if she was the one hurting her?! Literally! He huffs and forces himself to sit down next to the stingy queen," aish. You're so mean," he pouts, hand still to his cheek.

    She stood up and smiled at him," I know," Hana said in a pleased voice then walked away from him leaving him hanging in the garden with the little pink fairy.

    " She's a spicy one, isn't she?" Woohyun said out loud, watching her leave gracefully in her black Victorian dress. The little pink fairy giggles and nods her head in agreement. He left the fairy to do her business and went to bed, hoping that he would wake up early the next morning to see the hatchings of the pink fairy. Woohyun was about to fall asleep when he heard his door creak open. He got up and realized that it was completely dark but the light from the window created a soft glow in the room, shadowing a dark outline of a figure standing across the room.

    Scared out of his wits, Woohyun started screaming and the figure jumps and starts screaming too. The screaming went on for a few more minutes until Woohyun recognized the scream," HANA?!" he yelled, still screaming in fright. A candle was immediately lit and his nerves calms at the sight of Hana standing as if she had saw a ghost. Her face was  pale and she was in a white sleeping gown.

    " Why did you have to scream like that?!" She snapped, glaring at him and placing the candle on a table by the door.

    The pumping of Woohyun's heart had started to slow down," what am I suppose to do? You were sneaking into my room and I couldn't tell who you were in the dark!"

    " You could have just asked!" She retorted, folding her arms crossly at him.

    " Aishhhh, what are you doing here anyway?!" Woohyun asked, curious now. He was glad to see that she wasn't a ghost or the killer.

    " I got bored," she lied, sitting at the end of his bed after shutting the door and locking it. He could tell she was lying by her constant glancing and the way she stared at the door.

    " You're scared, aren't you?" he questioned with a grin, he sat up so he could be at her level.

    " Nobody's scared," she tried to sound tough but her voice faltered. He pulls the blanket away and patted the spot next to him.

    " Come on, you can sleep with me," Woohyun invited, amused at the thought of the queen being a chicken," I'll protect you."

    Hana crawled into the spot next to him on his bed and pulled the blanket over her. She lays down so that she's facing the ceiling, feeling a little uncomfortable," I was making sure you weren't the one that was scared."

    " Whatever you say~" he cooed, laying down too and facing her," goodnight, Hana."

    She didn't say anything as she stared at the ceiling. When she heard his soft breathing she turned to face him and realized he had fallen asleep without her," yah! You're not really sleeping, are you?"

    No response. She sighs and cuddles closer," I thought you were going to protect me," she mumbled, feeling susceptible to the dark," I wish you were awake. I'm not used to being alone but I feel lonely now. It's scarey to be alone. Especially in the dark."

    Still no response. She edged even closer so that her chin touched his shoulder," goodnight, I guess." And after a few minutes, she had fallen asleep. Woohyun opened his eyes and smiled at her sleeping figure. So she was afraid of the dark and being alone? He couldn't help but thought it was cute. The tough and killer queen he knew was actually afraid of something. He leaned over and kissed her forehead gently. Perhaps the book was right. There was nothing to worry about. He was falling into the darkness by killing people but he was killing them to protect her. Maybe he can be the light that will guide her out of the darkness.