Target : SUNGGYU

Follow me into the Darkness

Chapter 3 - Target: Sunggyu!
Short note: It's so short. So sorry, so sorry :(


    After a quick bath, Hana pulled on a white flowing sundress that stopped just above her knees. She was about to leave the room when she caught herself in the mirror. Staring back at her was her innocence. So young, so pure, she walked over to touch the surface with her fingertips. It was smooth and cool but it was just the surface. She knew that if someone punched it hard enough, it would break.

    " Do not worry," she whispered into her reflection , lowering her eyes a little," I know what I am doing."

    " Who may you be talking to?" A voice behind her asked. She spun around to find Sunggyu staring back at her. He had a blank expression on his face but she knew that it was only a mask. He seemed like the weak-hearted one out of the rest even though he covered it up well. Hana  just knew.

    " You're not suppose to be wandering around in this tower," Hana hissed, glaring at him. So, she's a territorial person, Sunggyu thought to himself.

    " Chinho didn't mention anything about a tower," he replied calmly, his hands in his pocket," I just happened to wander here by mistake."

    She studied him for a few minutes, knowing he was observing her too," you and your friends....you have a way with sneaking up on people," she said consciously," haven't you heard of knocking?"

    " Haven't you heard of compassion?" Sunggyu shot back at her.

    " Compassion is for the weak," Hana stated, lifting her chin up with confidence," if you want to survive in this world, you cannot show compassion."
    
    Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at her," who taught you that?"

    " Do you always ask questions?" Hana countered quickly.

    " Are you always this tense?" Their little questions had became a competition now and Hana did not want to lose to him.

    " Have you ever been in love?" She asked, throwing him off the subject on purpose. His blank expression changed into surprise for a few seconds before it changed back just as fast as it came.

    " Have you?" Sunggyu was curious now. Has anyone as cruel as her ever felt love?

    " Yes," she said with a smirk, proudly telling him," I killed him."

    " Why?" he pressed on, trying to get more answers out of her," is love killing someone?"

    " He tried to kill.-," Hana began to support herself but stopped in mid-sentence, realizing what she was about to say. Even though she knew he was only asking for his own benefits she still wanted to tell. She just wanted someone to talk to. No, Hana, you can't trust him. She shook her head....at herself. Fury blazing in her eyes, she brushed past him at the door hastily. Half way out, he managed to grab her hand to keep her from taking another step," are you asking for your own death?" she seethed.

    " If you wanted us dead, you would have had us executed already," Sunggyu stated the fact," what's the real reason you wanted us to play this game?"

    She turned around and closed the distance between them. Their eyes were locked on each other and his lips hovered over hers. All she had to do was tiptoe and their lips would've met but she knew better than too move too fast in the game," it wouldn't be a secret if I told you, would it?" She spoke softly. His clutched on her loosened giving her a chance to pull away. Sunggyu watched her go quietly. He knew she was only acting but he couldn't help but wonder about her. She was like a walking body of secrets. Secrets he wanted to know. The more he thought about it, the more he became intrigued.


    Sunggyu returned to his room to find the rest of the kids there. They were all sitting in a circle on the floor. Only Woohyun and Dongwoo were sitting on the beds.

    " Look, hyung," Dongwoo called him over, waving a book over his head," look what Woohyun found."

    Sunggyu took the book and settled down among his friends. The book was old and rusty with yellow pages. They were so fragile that if they didn't handle it with care it would fall apart in their hands. The first few pages were blank but as he flipped through it, black ink began to appear. Though, some of the words were smudged.

    " These are records," Sunggyu said, continuing to flip through it slowly," records of deaths." There were no dates on them. Just names and the reasons why they were dead," Daehyun - Killed for defying the tax collectors. Mi Nam - Killed for adultery."

    The pages kept going on and on and on until he reached the middle of the book. Now, there were entries in them. Small entries scribbled in cursive that was difficult for him to read," yahh. I don't understand these words!" Sunggyu complained. They were words he had never seen before. None of them had ever seen the words. They looked like foreign symbols to them.

    " Don't worry, hyung," Woohyun pats Sunggyu's back," we'll decode this for you. I think we should split up into teams."

    "Why would we need to split up into teams?" Sungjong asked.

    " Four of us should work on decoding the book and the other three should continue trying to take down the queen," Woohyun explain," that way we can get things done faster."
    
    The group broke out in oh's and Dongwoo hugged Woohyun happily," that's our clever Woohyun!"

    Woohyun's smile shone," that's why, I decided Sunggyu,Sungyeol, Sungjong, and I should decode the book."

    " What?!" Sunggyu and Sungyeol exclaimed at the same time. They glanced side-ways at eachother when they realized the words that had came out of their mouth.

    " I wanted to play the game," Sunggyu defended himself," I already have her telling me things." Well, sorta, he added in the back of his head.

    " And I've already gotten a little close to her," Sungyeol explained," it'll be easier if she falls for someone that's already opened up to her."

    " You guys sound like players," Myungsoo said, making everyone smile. Sunggyu just gave him his signature death stare and Sungyeol looked down with shame.

    Woohyun sighed," I thought it would be easier if L, Hoya, and Dongwoo were in the game. They're not as weak-hearted as us."

    " Who are you calling weak-hearted?!" Sunggyu scowled his dongsaeng but still managed to have a little smile on his lips.

    " We love our weak-hearted hyung, it's what makes him such a great leader!" Woohyun assured him. A wide smile forms on their leader's face and he decided to forgive him.

    " I guess that's our plan then," Hoya said," Sungyeol, Sunggyu, and Myungsoo will keep playing the game while we decode the book."
    
    Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

    "INFINITE! FIGHTING!" They all shouted at the same time without having any clue that someone was eavesdropping on them from the other side of the door.

 

    They say all our dreams can come true if they have the courage to pursue it.
    But Infinite was going to need a genie
because the deeper they dig, the harder it will be to climb out.