Kiss the girl

Follow me into the Darkness

Chapter 11 - Kiss the girl

    What happened? Woohyun thought. He had a headache pounding against his brain and it didn't seem like it was ever going to stop. When he opened his eyes, he was at Hana's sleeping face in his bedroom. He always seemed to end up blacking out somehow in someway. The last thing he remembered was Hana's face before he fainted in the garden. Was it just a dream? He tried to get up but realize that his body was aching just as much as his head. Perhaps it wasn't.

    Bright sunlight was beaming through the window like an open gateway to Heaven, Sunggyu's bed was still done, the candle from the night before was gone and Hana was curled up beside him in a deep sleep. She looked peaceful and he didn't want to wake her up so, for what seemed like forever, he just stared at her face.

    " What are you looking at?" She said, opening her eyes to look at him. He pulled away, startled and felt his skin prickle with embarrassment.

    " N-N-nothing," he stammered, trying to cover himself up. This made her smile, but only a teensy bit.

    " You don't remember anything do you?" Hana jumped right to the subject. Woohyun rummaged through his head and things slowly began to dawn on him.

    " So it was real," he murmured, he hadn't realize that his pain was beginning to ease.

    " That's it?" She seemed to be digging for more answers," you said you remembered something before you out. What did you remember?"
    
    Woohyun thought about this for a moment. Everything felt like a dream to him but he knew one thing for sure. The beginning of his life had came back to him. The memories he had repressed as a child had returned. It was all clear.

    " You," he whispered," us."

    " I'm sorry," Hana apologized, remembering the day she tried to kill him.

    " Don't be," Woohyun brushed it off with a grin," I'm here now, right? That's all that matters." Her eyes shifted from his eyes," it wasn't your fault."

    " Yes it was," Hana modestly admitted," I let him turned me into a monster, a tyrant, a evil queen. It didn't cross my mind even once to defy him."

    " But it did cross your mind," Woohyun spoke in her defense, not wanting her to blame herself," you didn't kill me that day and you helped me escape. Doesn't that count as defying him?"He reaches over to brush the hair from her face," and you're not a monster or a tyrant or a evil queen."

    Deep down, he could see what she really was, underneath the layers of strictness, bossiness, and pride.

    " Perhaps," she shrugged, lost for words. A soft rumble came from her tummy and Hana's face became a deep shade of red.

    " Hungry?" Woohyun laughs, enjoying her embarrassment," lets get something to eat."

    They went down to the kitchen and pulled out all the supplies they needed. Woohyun puts on a pink apron and Hana pulls on a white one.

    " You just sit down and relax," Woohyun ordered, earning himself a glare," I'll make you something to eat."

    " I can cook for myself."

    " I know, but you wont," he flashed her a grin and started getting to work. After preparing side dishes of roasted pigs, chickens, fruits, and vegetables, he started chopping up a rabbit with a large knife," who's knife is this? It's really sharp and light for a butcher knife. I think it can cut smoothly through anything."

    " It's Eun," Hana stated in a bored manner. She didn't see what was so interesting about it," she sharpens it every morning."

    " Wow," he sounded impressed but Hana didn't say anything about it. When he was done he placed the dishes on the table and pulled out chopsticks for them.

    " Breakfast is serve, your highness."

    They dug in and in a matter of milliseconds everything was finish before Woohyun could dig in. He stared at the queen with with eyes, they could have fallen from their eye-sockets.

    " Sorry," she smiled," I guess it's my turn to make you something to eat."

    After she was done and he was done eating like a pig they went to the garden to relax. It was warm outside but it was also windy. They sat on the bench together, bird-watching. Woohyun noticed a rose sticking out between them so he smiled and snapped it off of the branch.

    " Here you go," he said, holding out the rose for her.

    " For me?" She looked surprised but took it willingly. Hana brought the rose to her nose, letting the aroma enter her," I've never gotten flowers from anyone before."

    " I'll give you as many flowers as you want," Woohyun promised, causing her to blush.

    " This one is enough for me," she mumbled underneath her breath but he was quick enough to catch the words. He smiles inwardly and felt something growing within him. For once in his life, he wanted to kiss someone. Kiss her. But, he had never done it before and he was sure she'd rip his head off if he tried.

    Kiss Her.

    Kiss her.

    Kiss her.


    A voice in his head kept commanding him to. He was itching to do it. No, he told himself. This is a bad idea Woohyun, he gulped.

    " Hana?" He spoke her name without any control. But it wasn't like he was being possessed. His heart was almost functioning everything.

    " Hmm?" She looked up at him, not sensing how nervous he was now.

    " I have to tell you something," the words flew from his lips without any control. He knew he was going to do it.