Encounter at the Garage

I LOVE the way you LIE

 

‘This is Tomorrow Village…’ MyungSoo looked at the broken signboard in disgust. “There is no tomorrow in Tomorrow Village!! HAHAHA!! Is this a joke?! Didn’t you say the people here were nice and the air was fresh…” MyungSoo smirked. “Ehh… Let’s not care about that. The signboard was probably blown by the wind.” You pouted. “And what’s that horrible smell? Is this a dump site?!” MyungSoo widened his eyes. “NO! HAHHA! That’s the smell of durians, our local product! It is very tasty and delicious! Let’s stop talking and go and meet my friends!!” You smiled happily. “I hate durians! Goodbye JiHyun!!” He shouted as he skipped back to the bus.

Suddenly, a sack was put over the two of you. You two were tied up and brought to a mysterious place. “LET ME GO!! LET US GO!!!” You and MyungSoo shouted in unison. ‘Let them go.’ A man said. ‘Yes sir.’ You two were slowly released out of the sack and finally saw the light. Wait… there were so many people, carrying spades, shovels and bats, looking at you angrily, as if they were ready to attack you… Who were they?

“Oh!!! Isn’t that you? Auntie Jang? And you there Uncle Lee! Heya Butcher Kim! Oh and you Village Chief!! Long time no see!! I’m JiHyun, you remember me right?” You shouted gleefully as you greeted them. MyungSoo looked at you weirdly. However, the village people still looked at you angrily. “Have you all forgotten me?” You asked pitifully.

“You dare to come back here huh, JUNG JI HYUN!!” The village chief glared at you. “How much money have you con out of us? Recently, your WooHyun came here and told us that he can help us to win the lottery if we give him some cash! Everyone gave him hundred thousand won!!! HUNDRED THOUSAND WON!!” He shouted menacingly towards you. “HAHAHA! You can think using your feet that it’s fake! You all weren’t that stupid to send so much money to WooHyun, were you?!” You laughed as all the village people were about to beat you up. “GIVE US THE MONEY BACK!” You all reached out their hands towards you.

“WOAH!!! Get out of the way!!! Incoming traffic!!” SungYeol sat on his motorbike and sped into the garage you all were in, towards you. “AHHH!!!!” You shouted but did not move. MyungSoo moved you away quickly in the nick of time, as SungYeol’s motorbike ran into some empty crates and he fell down.

“JiHyun! Are you all right?!” SungYeol stood up and held you shoulders as you were still screaming.”I’m fine.” You said. “Haha… It’s good that you are alright.” He smiled. However, his smiled disappeared when he saw that MyungSoo was holding on to your shoulders from behind you. “Ahem!!” He brushed MyungSoo’s hands away, and pulled you beside him. “Why are you touching my JiHyun huh!” He stared at MyungSoo. “Okay never mind! Everyone gather around! If you want money from JiHyun, ask me instead! This is because I’m her fiancé.” SungYeol said happily. “What? Fiancé?!” Everyone asked together. “No it doesn’t count… That doesn’t count!” You waved you hands violently. “We were only playing some stupid game when we were young!” You explained. “But… but I thought it was real… In my heart, you have always the one I love most.” SungYeol confessed. MyungSoo was smirking at a side. “Hey JiHyun, is your head okay already? WooHyun told me you had brain cancer and I sent five hundred thousand won to him for your treatment.” He asked. “WHAT! You stupid boy!! Everyone was conned on hundred thousand. But you unfilial son cost me five hundred thousand!!!” The village chief, who was SungYeol’s father, shouted.

*Ughh... This can’t go on… I will get caught sooner or later and have to pay them. Better escape* You pulled some hair out from your head. “Actually, I really have brain cancer… My hair is dropping out… I only have a few more days to live…” You cried to the villagers who looked at you pitifully. You winked at MyungSoo. “But I started to become blind… and I found that I have a tumor this big in my brain…” you showed them your fist. You pretended to walk ‘blindly’ to MyungSoo and turned his head to SungYeol’s motorbike which was still on the ground (this is a hint btw). You nodded at him as he gave you an okay sign. “What happened then?” SungYeol asked worriedly. “The doctor says that I only have a few days to live, and the cancer cells are spreading around my body. So I told myself, keep trying! Keep trying! Keep trying!” You looked at MyungSoo as he started up the motorbike and encouraged him. “Keep trying! Keep trying…” Everyone was shouted with you now, the motorbike was about to rev up and start, as MyungSoo kept pedaling harder. Everyone still had their sad eyes on you. “JiHyun, let me bring you on one last trip around Tomorrow Village before you die…” SungYeol said with tears in his eyes.

Just then, “Room, Zoom, Broom…” The motorbike had started up, and MyungSoo was riding it coolly. “Oh yeah!!! Bye everyone!!’ You ran to the motorbike, held MyungSoo’s waist as the motorbike sped away from the garage. “Sorry, JiHyun has a cold; I need to send her to a hospital! HAHHA!!” MyungSoo shouted to the villagers as you both laughed together.  The village chief was fuming. “We have been fooled! Chase after them!!”

Author’s note

Wow! How was this chapter? I thought it was kinda cool! Subscribe and comment! Love Ya! I haven’t been updating for the same reason L So please forgive me!!