A new beginning

I LOVE the way you LIE

 

1 year later…

You were finally out of jail.

“Toodles!” you smiled to the security guard outside. “By the way, I was lying just now! HAHA!!” And you skipped away.

*Flashback*

You were to be interviewed to be released on parole after 1 year due to good behavior.

“My uncle, he needed money to pay medical bills. But… we were so poor... I had no choice.’ You said while tearing up. The interviewer’s face was still stern.

“Recently, I got a letter… My beloved uncle, he died because he did not have enough money for the bills! I did not even get to see him one last time!” You cried and cried, while the interviewer held your hand empathetically.

“I’m so sorry dear, don’t be sad. Can you promise me that if I release you on parole, you will not do bad deeds anymore?’ ‘I promise.’ You looked at her with tears in your eyes, but inside, you were grinning.

End Flashback*

“Ah... The air outside does smell much better! Hmm, should I look for WooHyun to tell him that I am out? I know! How about giving him a big surprise?’ You said to yourself.

Every day in the prison, WooHyun was your only motivation to come out. You had been counting down the days, and thinking how you would meet him when you came out. You were sure that he would propose to you immediately due to your huge sacrifice for him, going to jail.

You went to the Mont. Blanc store in Seoul. WooHyun sent you his last letter six months ago, informing you that he was a businessman. A pen would do just fine. “Excuse me, how much is this?” You spotted a sleek blue pen. “100000 won, young miss.’ Wow, that was definitely expensive. You poured out the last of your savings and bought the pen, smiling to yourself. *I can’t wait for WooHyun’s reaction when he sees me!*

MyungSoo’s POV

One year had passed in a flash; I knew who SoYeon was getting married with. My brother, SungGyu, and it was their wedding day today. I just got off the plane and was about to go to the wedding reception.

I walked into the function hall, spotting my brother SungGyu. ‘Hey bro, long time no see, how’s life in Paris?’ SungGyu asked out of concern. “Hey bro! I missed you so bad! Ha-ha Paris is fine. How are you and that old fogey? Oh yes, where is SoYeon? I’ve got to congratulate her on her marriage with you!” I asked. ‘She’s in the dressing room doing the final makeup. Thanks bro. We all missed you J

I walked to the dressing room to find her. She was as beautiful as before, and even more glamorous due to the lovely wedding gown she wore. How I wished she was getting married with me…

She looked at me coldly. “Hey, long time no see, what do you want?’ ‘I wanted to see you.’ I took some steps closer to her, and smirked. “Well, sorry, but your presence is not needed.’ She ignored me. “I know that you still have feelings for me, SoYeon.’ I looked deeply into her eyes. “So what? My heart can be cut into two, one for love, and one for work, and I chose work. Scram off.’

Just then, a brilliant idea popped into my head. I immediately grabbed her and kissed her passionately. She was still in love with me. She struggled at first, but started to kiss me back. At that very moment, I reached my hands out to her chest, and took the sapphire necklace away from her without her noticing. That sapphire necklace was my deceased mother’s loved possession, Queen Mary. I could not let that necklace be taken away, especially by someone who betrayed me. I broke the kiss. She looked embarrassed. “Go away. I don’t want to see you.’ She said. I went out of the room, with the necklace in my hand.

“Omg, what a surprise! Luckily no one saw it!’ SoYeon sighed in relief and patted her chest as she blushed. “WAIT! WHERE IS MY NECKLACE?!!! SECURITY!!!” SoYeon shouted in disbelief.

Soon security were running after me “Young master! Please stop or I will have to use violence on you!” I ran into a mall in Seoul, passing by a Mont Blanc Shop.

Author’s POV

You were walking out of the shop with your pen in hand. Suddenly, a man banged into you and toppled on top of you. As you took a close look, you realized that it is the guy who betrayed you and sent you to jail, MyungSoo. “YOU!!!’ You glared at him. The security was catching up; MyungSoo wanted to run away from them and he accidentally left the necklace behind together with you. Just then, the security caught you. “You thief! Do you know how much this necklace is worth?! It’s priceless! Let’s go to the police now!” They screamed at you.

MyungSoo turned back and realized you were caught, instead of him. He ran back and grabbed your hand. You two sped into the female toilet, and locked yourself up in a cubicle, leaving the security trailing behind.

“I remember…It’s you… The one who RUINED my life!’ You stared at him. “What?” MyungSoo could remember you, but only vaguely. “Oops, sorry!” He whispered. “Sorry? Can sorry bring back the one year? Can sorry make me see WooHyun now? Can sorry replace my loss of marriage? Can sorry be used to apologize for ruining my FUTURE?!” You screamed. “Omg, don’t scream, the security will catch me!’ MyungSoo pleaded. You continued to scream just to spite him. MyungSoo climbed on top of you, and covered your mouth to stop the screams.

“Bam!” The toilet door slammed open. The security were looking at you two weirdly. “WHAT?!” you two shouted. “Oops, sorry young master, please continueJ” He blushed. Whoa! You two were in an extremely awkward position, with MyungSoo on top of you in the toilet…

MyungSoo surrendered to the security. “I want to drive the car myself. Hop in, whoever you are, I’ll send you home.” You pointed at you. You got in. “Ready to escape?’ He smirked at you. He drove the car and sped past the security, to an empty grass field. “So… Who are you? And who’s that WooHyun which you keep mentioning?” MyungSoo started the conversation.“Oh yea, I need to find WooHyun to give him a surprise! Drive me to his house quick!” You suddenly remembered and smiled at MyungSoo. “By the way, I’m Jung Ji Hyun.” “Nice name! I am MyungSoo.’ You shook hands, as you forgave him for what he did to you in the past.

*Wow, we are totally similar. He is a runaway thief who steals necklaces, and I am a fraud scammer. Ha-ha, we could be friends!* you smiled to yourself. One more friend, one less enemy. You had plenty of enemies to deal with anyways.

“Let’s go!” MyungSoo looked at the address and drove there. 

“I can’t wait to see WooHyun! I bet you 100 won he will propose to me!” You grinned incessantly. You couldn’t wait to see WooHyun.

Author’s Note:

How would WooHyun be like after 1 year? Be prepared for a surprise!