They Need Each Other

To: Be Broken Hearted

 

Woohyun watched everything that happened between Hoya and Bekkah in slow motion. He was brought out of his reverie when he heard the studio door slam shut. He saw Hoya flinch at the sound and he smirked at the sight of Hoya so distraught. He wanted to go after Bekkah-noona but knew she would never forgive him if he didn’t help Hoya. He slowly walked to the door and watched Hoya struggle to open the first-aid kit. Now he felt guilty for all the things he said to Bekkah-noona about him earlier. Hoya did need her help.

Badly.

Woohyun opened the door and watched Hoya’s head shoot up to see who was there. Disappointment shone in his eyes and on his face. Woohyun wondered in his mind just how much longer Hoya would act like this before he broke completely. He hated the thought of the normal, happy-go-lucky, joker Hoya being reduced to a destroyed person. He couldn’t handle it. If it could happen to Hoya… it could happen to Bekkah-noona. Woohyun shook his head to get the thoughts off of his mind and went to sit next to Hoya.

“Why are you here now Woohyun?” Hoya asked lowly. “We don’t have practice for another hour yet.” Woohyun looked at him and sighed.

“I’m here to help you because you chased Bekkah-noona away.” Hoya looked at Woohyun in anger.

“You let her run off upset and you call yourself her boyfriend?!” Woohyun sighed again and looked Hoya dead in the eye.

“She’d kill me if I picked her over you.” Hoya felt Woohyun grab his hand and flinched.

“I’m a bit too rough, right?” Woohyun asked. He laughed and continued, “I’m no nurse and I’m not Bekkah-noona so you’ll have to deal.”

Hoya felt his anger melt away and struggled to hold his laughter in and eventually cracked up. Woohyun smiled at Hoya as Hoya smiled back. He continued to bandage Hoya’s hand and when he finished he started packing up the first-aid kit. He looked at Hoya and noticed a sad expression had settled on his face.

“Hoya,” Woohyun said, which got Hoya to look at him, “why were you like that to Bekkah-noona?”

Hoya sighed this time and stared at his hand instead of at Woohyun. Trying to figure this out he felt Woohyun sit next to him and put his hand on his shoulder.

“I’m trying to make her hate me hyung,” he said, barely above a whisper. “I figure if she hates me, the two of us won’t have all this pain to deal with anymore.”

“You’re an idiot Hoya,” Woohyun said and sighed. “You’ve really proved it this time.” Hoya just looked at him and smiled a little.

“You guys always said that about me,” Hoya reminisced, “and Bekkah-noona would always defend me.”

“Which is why she’ll never hate you,” Woohyun replied. “You know that as much as I do.” Woohyun stood up and took Hoya’s good hand to help him stand and then handed him the first-aid kit.

“You need a walk,” Woohyun said, “and you need to apologize and thank Bekkah-noona.” Hoya started to complain but Woohyun just pushed Hoya to the door.

“She’ll be at the dance studio at the end of the opposite hallway,” he said. “Go before I chase you there myself.” Hoya put his hands up in defeat and left with a small laugh.

‘And just like this… I’m chasing her again.’

Hoya went where Woohyun told him to and soon found the studio but couldn’t find her. He looked closely and saw her sitting with her back against the mirror, her knees drawn into her chest. Her head was buried in her knees but he could tell she was crying because her shoulders were shaking.

He felt the pain in his heart and just wanted to hug her, but that wasn’t his job anymore. Woohyun was her boyfriend now. Hoya walked to the wall and placed his hand on it, watching Bekkah and not hearing Woohyun and the rest of Infinite walk up slowly.

“Woohyun-hyung, why is noona crying?” L asked, stating the question the rest of the Infinite members wanted answered.

Woohyun sighed, knowing he’d become the bad guy very soon.

“She realized two things today,” he started. “One, she still loves Hoya just like she used to in the past.” Then Woohyun paused.

“Hyung…?” Sungjong urged quietly.

“Two,” Woohyun sighed heavily, “she knows that I don’t return the feelings she has for me… that I’ve been faking since we started dating.”