Hate Me

To: Be Broken Hearted

 

Bekkah walked into the studio room quietly, clutching the first-aid kit as if it were her last life line. She reached Hoya and kneeled next to him, reaching out her hand to tap his shoulder, but then stopped.

‘What do I do now?’

She had come in figuring she would bandage up Hoya’s hand after cleaning it and getting the glass out, but once she reached Hoya’s side her mind went completely blank. She couldn’t remember what she had wanted to do. He looked so broken as he was looking at the mirror. She looked up at the mirror only to have her eyes center right on Woohyun. She felt her heart clench at the pain.

‘I caused that… I caused that pain.’

She kept looking at the mirror, at Woohyun, until she felt eyes on her. She turned to Hoya and saw hope in his eyes. Did he think she could forget so easily? That she would forgive him so easily? She looked at him and wanted to smile but quickly told herself it wasn’t like that, she wasn’t here to make up. She wanted to keep him from getting hurt any worse.

“Let me see your hand, Hoya-sshi.”

He looked at her in surprise then shook his head.

“What?”

“Let me look at your hand,” she said slowly.

He looked at her and tried to see why she was here.

“Why do you care?” he asked harshly. “Ah! I know now. Woohyun forced you to,” he said snidely.

“What?!” Bekkah asked offended.

She looked at him in surprise.

“Woohyun didn’t want me to help you!”

He laughed harshly and stood up walking away from Bekkah. He stood by the mirror, looking at her reflection watching him. He wanted to see what she would do.

‘I’m an , I know. Learn to hate me more… It just might make the pain go away.’

She was watching him with tears building in her eyes. She wanted him to look at her, wanted him to speak to her face-to-face not at her reflection, but that wouldn’t happen.

“Damn it Hoya!”

She watched him jump and fought the urge to smirk.

“I want to help you and you won’t let me!”

He stared at her in surprise and continued to keep his back to her.

‘Just leave already. Just leave. I don’t want to keep hurting you like this.’

He grimaced at the thought of hurting Bekkah even more than he had in the past. He didn’t notice as Bekkah came closer to him with the first-aid kit still in hand. She came up next to him and placed the first-aid kit next to his feet.

“Since you don’t want my help I’ll leave this with you,” Bekkah said softly, barely above a whisper, as she pointed at the first-aid kit. “Make sure to get someone to check it before you bandage it.”

She walked away slowly, hoping he might just turn around and ask for her help. He listened as her steps slowed, the clicks of her heels against the hardwood floor like bombs in his head, too loud for him to bear. He kept staring at the mirror until he heard the door close behind her softly.

He turned to look at the door and didn’t expect Bekkah to still be standing there in the practice room. He jumped slightly from the shock of seeing her and almost fell against the mirror but caught himself. He saw her try to make her way towards him but he had shot a vicious glare her way and she stopped dead in her tracks. He saw a tear streak down her face and he felt his heart break even more as she ran from the room and away from him.

‘I’m sorry Bekkah-noona, but this is for the best… the best for both of us.’