Bloody Tears

To: Be Broken Hearted

 

Staring back at his reflection, he got angered, got upset. His face contorted into a look of pure rage and he lunged at the mirrored wall of the dance studio. His fist connected with the mirror and he saw the glass splinter and crack. He felt his knuckles get ripped up by the glass and saw his blood drip down the mirror, looking like bloody tears. He watched the blood stream down the mirror but didn’t feel the pain. Wishing he could feel the pain, he dropped to the floor, his hand following as it dragged across the splintered glass.

‘How could I be so stupid?’

He looked down at his hands and then looked at himself in the mirror. He knew that the pain from his hand should be paining him, but the pain of his rejection stung far worse. He saw the pain written all over his face but couldn’t feel anything. He felt numbness take over and didn’t hear the door open behind him not the soft click of heels on the floor.

~A few minutes before~

Bekkah was walking into the local gym. She had been coming quite frequently because her boyfriend was practicing in the dance studio with his fellow members. He was currently preparing for a comeback with his group Infinite. Walking through the halls on the second floor towards Infinite’s studio room she heard T-Pain’s song ‘Freeze’ getting louder ad she got closer to the room. She slowed her steps, knowing only two members of Infinite practiced to that song, Dongwoo and… She shook her head to get him off her mind and kept walking towards the practice room.

Next thing she knew, she reached the room and watched, jaw-dropped, as Hoya continued to dance as if he didn’t have a care in the world. She felt hurt seeing him like that, knowing what they had been through together. She frowned wishing things could’ve turned out differently. She knew he would see her in the mirror soon but didn’t expect to see him punch the mirror.

She cringed at the impact to the mirror and could only imagine what his hand would look like. She watched him slump to the floor and saw a look of pain flash across his face. She felt her heart tighten at the thought of Hoya in pain and wanted to help him. She knew she could help him. She just couldn’t understand why her feet wouldn’t move. Then she felt arms wrap around her waist and a head rest on her shoulder.

“Are you worried for him noona?”

She jumped slightly and turned her head to look right at Woohyun. He was watching Hoya with a serious yet concerned stare then turned his head slightly to look at Bekkah.

“You don’t need to take care of him anymore,” Woohyun said. “I know you want to, but you don’t need to anymore.” He paused for a moment then looked Bekkah in the eye.

“He’s not your boyfriend anymore,” he stated. “I am.”

Bekkah’s eyes widened at the serious tone he used to say that. She couldn’t believe this.

“He’s one of your fellow members Woohyun,” she said softly. “You shouldn’t be like this if you know I could help.”

She stopped and watched his reaction. She could tell he was starting to feel guilty. She continued softly, “Let me help him Woohyun. Just this once let me help him.”

Woohyun looked at her and saw the pleading look in her eyes. He knew she could help Hoya, but also knew she could hurt him too. He knew what pain Hoya was going through but knew he needed Bekkah’s help.

“Go on Bekkah-noona,” Woohyun said. “Help him before it gets worse.”

She smiled softly at him and kissed him on the cheek, whispering a soft ‘thank you’ into his ear before turning to go find a first-aid kit so she could help Hoya. When she walked into the practice studio she never saw the look of dejection and pain that crossed Woohyun’s face.

Hoya did, in the mirror before him.