Chapter 13: Like An Egg

~From An Ugly Duckling To A Beautiful Swan~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 13: Like An Egg

Dae’s POV:

“Owww!” Ren yells as I tend to his wounds.

“Well it would hurt a lot less if you didn’t move so much!” I say dabbing at one of his cuts making him flinch.

“You’re the one who forced me to come to your house and get treated!” Ren growls back.

“Well you had cuts and bruises everywhere, and since you saved me I thought it was the least I could do.” I say.

Yes it took me awhile to get Ren to come to my apartment to get his wounds treated. I don’t know what is with him but he absolutely refused to come to my house and get his wounds treated. But then he passed out from the pain and I decided to take things in my own hands and just bring him to my house.

“There!” I say smiling “All done! Now that wasn’t so bad was it?” I ask.

“Maybe not for you.” He says glaring at me. “You weren’t the one being poked at!” He says and flinches as he starts to get up.

“Hey where are you going?” I ask, “You can’t leave! You need to heal.” I say worriedly.

“I’m fine.” He say and limps towards the door.

“Choi Minki sit your down and rest!” I say sternly.

Ren stops and then turns back to glare at me.

“Who told you my name was Minki?” he asks darkly.

Oh shoot…How do I explain this!?

“Well…You see…There was…A…Umm…Nice weather we’re having huh?” I stutter.

“Don’t avoid the question!” he yells at me.

“I…One of you friends told me!” I let out.

“One of my friends? None of them would do that.” He says glaring.

“Well…apparently one isn’t as much of a friend of yours as you thought…” I mumble.

“What did he look like?” Ren asks.

“Err…” What should I say? Do I want to get one of them in trouble?

“Well…He had pin—no I mean purple hair…???” I say nervously.

“That doesn’t sound like any of my friends.” Ren says looking at me suspiciously.

I shrug my shoulders. “Oh well…He must have lied to me.” I say.

“Yes he must have.” Ren says quietly.

Whew…He bought the lie…

“Well bye.” Ren says turning to leave.

“Wait!” I yell and grab his arm.

“What?” he asks glaring.

I quickly let go of his arm and rub the back of my neck. “Err…Well you’re still injured right? You should rest.” I say looking at the ground.

Ren moves closer to me and sits down.

“Fine…If it’ll get you to shut up. Why do you care anyway? Don’t you know who I am?” he asks.

I don’t care.

“Well you see…I don’t like seeing people get hurt…” I say.

And I want revenge!

“Oh…” Ren says laying on the couch.

We sit in an awkward silence for some time.

“Errr how about I get you some tea?” I ask.

“Sure…But I’m really picky about me tea.” He says.

I know…I remember when we were little, you’d only drink the tea I made…

I tinker around in the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter