Chapter 3

A Surprising Relationship

 

 
 I was upset because of not only of the rose but because...my sign of jealousy means that I already fell for her. I frowned. Sunny is officially stuck in my head and heart and I can't erase her no matter how hard I try. 
  
 "Okay class, pick a partner for the seatwork that I'm going to give you." Sunny first popped inmy head. I turned to her to ask but she was talking to Hyoyeon. 
  
 "Hey, Sunny-ah, how about we become partners?" She asked with a smile.
 
 "Uhmm..." She thought about it. "Uhm, maybe next time, Hyoyeon." She gave out a cute smile. Was it or...did Sunny decide when she looked at me? I dismissed the thought, no way will that ever happen.
  
 "Okay. See you then, Sunny-ah!" Hyoyeon waved bye and went back to her seat. I smirked in my mind. Yay, Hyoyeon got rejected! Well...that's a good thing for me anyways...Sunny turned to me with a smile.
  
 "Sooyoungie, how about we become partners?" My heart raced and I was sure that my face was red than ever.
 
 "S-sure..." She smiled cutely. I managed to smile back. The classmate in front of us passed a few papers, Sunny got it and grabbed one piece before passing it to the back. 
 
 "Okay, how about you work with column B and I'll work on column A?" She suggests.
 
 "Yeah. Let's go with that."
 
 "Great. Let's start." She picks up her pen but she stares at me. 
 
 "What?"
 
 "Move closer, you can't answer if you're so far away." She grins. I blushed and slowly moved my chair closer to hers. I could smell her cologne and her shampoo. She smells like...Mangoes? I smile to myself, she smells yummy. I couldn't concentrate well since she was just beside me and we were so close, my heart was beating too fast that I can't hear myself. But when she smiles and giggles at me, my world stops just for me to focus on her smile or hear her laugh. 
 
 There's no doubt. I've fallen for her.
 
 
 When teacher dismissed us, Sunny left to grab a book from her locker and I just pack up my things. I put in my notebooks when Hyoyeon came up to me. "Hey Hyoyeon, what's up?" I said with a smile. Ever since Sunny has been with me, I've started to open up.
 
  "We need to talk. About Sunny." I was surprised. She had frown on too. 
 
  "What about her?" I step away from my bag and focus on this important conversation. 
  
  "I know that you love her." I widened my eyes in shock.
 
  "Whatareyoutalkingabout?! OfcourseIdon'tloveher!" I blurted. Hyoyeon raised her eyebrow. I looked away in guilt.
  
  "You do. Don't you?" I looked at her, standing firm and ready to say it and admit to myself.
  
  "I do. I've fallen for her. What about it?"
  
  "Stay away from her." She said coldly. My heart sank.
  
  "W-Why should I?" I stammered.
  
  "Don't you think it's best for you? A big-time celebrity like her will never return the same feelings as you have, a nobody." I cringed. "So it's best to save yourself from heartbreak and stay away from her, don't you think?" I don't answer. My heart was aching too much. "I'll leave already. I have something to do." She grabs her bag and leaves. Leaving only me, in the classroom.
   
   I lost energy to do anything and I just plopped on my seat. My tears started to pour out, since my heart realized the horrible truth.
 
   (Sunny's POV)
   I grabbed my books and head back to the classroom. I don't want to keep Sooyoungie waiting. While walking on the stair, I notice Hyoyeon walking down.
 
   "Hey Hyoyeon!" I give out a friendly smile. 
   
   "Oh hey, Sunny. Sooyoung told me that you shouldn't go up anymore. She had something important to do so she went ahead." I was dissapointed. 
 
   "O-oh...okay." I faked a smile and went to the opposite direction of where I was going.
 
   "How about we go home together? My house is on your way." She suggests friendly.
 
   "Sure." She catches up and walks beside me. But...I'm still dissapointed about not going home with Sooyoungie.