Breakfast

Sibling RivaLove

 

Dongho

Minseo went to take a shower and I settled myself on the couch. The other members had banned me from sleeping with them on the floor, because when I sleep, I hug whatever’s in reach. Minhyun hates it the most—he sleeps on the far side of the living room, even though I’m on the couch!

I stared up at the ceiling, thinking. MinMin (and I’m not talking about Minhyun) had been acting sort of awkward. She was a total ditz, but this was even worse than usual, and I knew why. Ren. Gah! That bastard, making my yeodongsaeng fall for him! But... Who was I to talk? I myself had liked Ren for a while now. I couldn’t exactly blame Minseo for liking him. He was beautiful: Smooth, milky skin and clear, pretty eyes. Heck, he’s prettier than most girls! I knew I should give up on him; he didn’t like guys. He was my best friend; it would be completely wrong for me to like him. And yet... I was drawn to his beauty and the thought of a backstage, undercover romance. I shook my head. I must be reading too many romance novels.

I yawned. Drifting off to sleep and hugging a pillow. I wished it was Ren in my arms instead.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to Aron shaking my shoulder. He was peering at me, his face no more than seven centimeters from mine.

“Hyung, make breakfast already! Everyone’s awake already, except for you and Minseo.”

I glanced beside me. Minseo clung to my arm, still fast asleep. Her face was buried in my shoulder. I grinned at Aron. “I’ll get up, once I can wake up our sleeping beauty.” Turning back to Min, I used my free arm to tickle her in the side.

“Nnn... mmmf...”

I kept tickling her, attacking her feet and stomach. Finally, I found the super-ticklish spot on her side and she shot upright, banging her hard head into mine.

“Ow! Minseo, that hurt!” I scolded her.

She stuck her tongue at me. “That’s what you get for tickling me!” She retorted.

“Aish...” I rubbed my head where she had hit it. “Fine, you can eat breakfast last then.” I smacked her lightly on the shoulder.

“Wahhh!” She yelled. “I’m sorry Dongho! Please let me eat with the oppas?” She pouted cutely.

“... Fine.” I glared at her, mentally facepalming myself for letting her off so easily. She had a really hard head.

I ran my hand through my hair and rubbed my eyes, making my way to the kitchen. I bumped into Ren on my way there.

“Yah!” He slapped me lightly. “Watch where you’re going, hyung!”

“Mmm... Don’ bother me if you wan’ breakfast,” I mumbled.

He laughed quietly before starting back down the hall. “I’m going to play video games in JR-ah’s room!” he called as he left.

I stumbled into the kitchen, grabbing eggs, bacon, and toast. Absentmindedly, I began to prepare breakfast. One of these days, I gotta teach the kids to cook, I thought. As I was frying the eggs, Minseo came into the kitchen.

“Oppa, where are the dishes?” she asked.

“Uhhh... Third cabinet to the right.”

She opened the cupboard and started pulling out plates and cups, setting the table. When she was done, she disappeared, presumably to call the boys.

I was right. A couple minutes later, I heard feet thundering down the hall. JR plopped himself down at the table, staring at something on his phone and nudging Aron. Minhyun grabbed an extra glass and poured himself some milk. (That must be why he’s so tall!) Lastly, Ren came in.

“Here,” he offered, “Let me serve the eggs.” He grabbed the pan from me and I blushed as his fingers brushed mine.

“I’ll just... Grab the bacon...” I muttered, hurrying over to the stove so that Ren couldn’t see my face.  

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, it's me Ever! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and the story so far! To be honest I really loved writing this because it's very relatable for me (not exactly, but some parts.)