Mirror, Mirror - Myungsoo/OC

Infinitely Exotic Love Series

Mirror, Mirror

*based on a drama*

 

I clutched the wheel tightly as I swerved through the traffic. My boyfriend of two years had just dumped me and needless to say, I was pissed. Whenever I got angry, I would channel that anger on my bank account and go shopping. I drove endlessly and reached a cute little antique shop, just outside of the city. I parked my car and walked inside, greeting the old lady that worked there.

I looked around and smiled at all the little trinkets and lamps they had. Everything here was so beautiful. I would buy the whole store if I could, but my mother wouldn't be so happy. I came across a large mirror with beautiful wooden carvings in the frame.

“Ah, she's a beauty isn't she?” the old lady asked.

I nodded. “How much is this?”

“For you, 50$.”

“Really?!”

She nodded. “Honey, I wanna get rid of as much of this stuff as I can.”

I immediately fished out my wallet and handed her the exact money.

“I'll call my husband to help carry it to your car.”

“Thank you!”

 

Once I put the seats down, the mirror fit perfectly into my car.

As I was starting my car, the old man knocked on my window. I rolled it down. “Yes sir?”

“Take care of that mirror well. It has wonders you will never imagine.”

I didn't think much of it. I just thought it was old people mumbo jumbo so I nodded and drove away, looking back at the little store in my rear view mirror.

 

I asked my maids to help my carry the mirror inside.

“Don't scratch it! This is an antique!” I said as they were turning a corner.

I told them to place it next to my closet and clean the glass.

“It's beautiful,” one of the maids said.

I smiled. “Isn't it?”

My mother walked into the room and shook her head. “So what happened this time, Yoonhee?”

“Sungyeol broke up with me.”

“Ah. Great! Now you can date Sunggyu!”

“Mom! I am not going to date him. He's boring and old.”

“He's only 3 years older than you! And he's a doctor.”

I rolled my eyes. “I want...” I looked at the painting of the prince that used to live in this house centuries ago. “..a prince charming.”

My mom raised her eyebrow at my childish fantasy. “Be careful what you wish for sweetie.”

 

At around six in the morning, I woke up and dragged my feet across my room to go to my bathroom. My mom would always yell around the house on purpose to wake everybody up. She's a morning person so she wants everybody else to be too.

As I was walking to my bathroom half asleep, I tripped over my laundry basket and fell face forward straight towards the mirror. My eyes widened, for I knew I couldn't regain my balance so I waited for the impact but it never came. I landed on my hands and knees and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I could hear birds chirping and crickets croaking.

I slowly raised my head and looked around. I was in a traditional styled bedroom. When I say traditional, I mean traditional. No windows, no lights, wooden everything.

How the did I get here?

I turned around and gasped. It was the mirror. The mirror that I bought. It can't be...it can't...

I studied it and they were the exact same carvings.

Did this mirror just travel me back in time?

“I must be dreaming,” I whispered to myself. “Yes, dreaming. I'm dreaming. Wake up now Yoonhee-ah...” I started to slap myself.

Then I heard rustling to my right and a voice from the door across the room

 

“Myungsoo-sshi. Breakfast will be served in ten minutes. Your clothes have been laid out on your bed.”

“Thank you Minji!” a deep voice called back from the door to my left.

I saw the doorknob turn and I acted quickly by crawling under the bed to my left.

A half man walked out of what I assumed to be a walk in closet or bathroom. Correction: a smoking, hott, half man.

I gasped and used my hand to cover my mouth. The man walked closer and closer to the bed and picked up his clothes to put them on. They were purple and really traditional. Ancient, really.

He started to put on his socks and there was a hole in it so his big toe poked out. I couldn't hold in my laughter and I snorted.

Oh .

The man froze.

I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm so dead.

He slowly started to kneel down. The second I saw a good look at his face, I automatically knew who it was. It was the prince from the painting hanging up in my room, just a younger version of him.

When he saw me, his jaw dropped. He was about to yell for help but I shushed him.

“Do you have any idea how much trouble you're gonna be in? Do you know where you are?” he whispered.

“Enlighten me. Please.”

He furrowed his eyebrows and was about to speak again until the door to his room opened.

“We need you at the table so we can start the ceremony. What are you doing, Prince Myungsoo?”

“I, uh....dropped my sock. Found it. I'll meet you there in two minutes. I haven't quite finished getting dressed.”

“Very well.”

 

Immediately after the door closed, 'Prince Myungsoo' knelt back down to peer, I mean glare, at me.

“Stay here. I forbid you to leave this room. We're speaking later,” he said in a stern voice and walked out of the room.

I sighed.

 

As I waited, I continually pressed my hand to the mirror, hoping it would take me back to my home, but it wouldn't. So I had no choice but to sit on his bed and waited for him. It seemed like hours passed by. When I finally heard the door open, I straightened up. “So, Prince Myungsoo, huh? Are you gonna be king?”

“I have no intentions of ever being king. Well not now anyway. And what are you doing sitting on my bed? You're a female!”

I raised an eyebrow as he stalked towards me.

“And dear lord, put some clothes on. Are those pants?” he made a face.

I looked down at my tank top and shorts.

“Well someone's never been to a swimming pool...it's a lot worse.”

“Swimming pool?” he said carefully. “What's that?”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What year is it?”

“1692.”

I choked on my saliva. “...what?”

He nodded. “May 12, 1692. Am I missing something?”

I looked around in disbelief.

“Enough about the date. Now tell me what village you're from, your status and last name. I should have you beheaded for this crime. You're lucky you're a lady.”

“Beheaded?! Oh hell no. I'm the innocent victim here!”

He walked up to me. “Who's the one who broke into someone else's bedroom? The Prince's bedroom nonetheless!”

 

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples for a moment before opening my eyes again. Myungsoo was staring at me, eyes piercing into mine.

“Don't look at me like that. You're cute, but I hate it when people stare at me,” I said.

“I'm looking.”

“There's a difference between looking and staring. And you're staring.”

“Don't talk to me like that. You're cute, but I'm the Prince,” he mocked me.

I scoffed.

“How did you get in? There are guards surrounding this place.” he asked me.

I stood up and walked over to the mirror. “I know you're not gonna believe me, but I came through this mirror.”

He nodded. “I know.”

I looked at him expectantly.

“You need to see a doctor. Come this way.” He grabbed my arm and I shook out of his grip.

“I'm serious. Look at me. I'm not wearing the right clothes, I speak in a more modern accent, and I know what a swimming pool is! I'm not making this up.”

“What are you saying?” he asked.

“I'm from the future.”

He gave me a skeptical look. “What year?”

“2012.”

“Impossible.”

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Prince Myungsoo! The king has just returned from his trip. We must greet him!” A distant voice yelled.

“Thank you Minji!” he yelled back.

Myungsoo gave me a look and started to walk to the door. Once he left, I sat down in front of the mirror and banged my head against it. On the third bang, I felt air. I straightened up, excited, and put my hand through it just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Myungsoo poked his head back into the room and said, “I didn't get your....name...” his voice trailed off as he looked around the empty room.

I was already gone.

 

Weeks went by and I never got near that mirror again. I even placed a blanket over it so I couldn't look into it.

I went back to the antique shop where I bought it from and it disappeared. Literally...disappeared. All that was there was a pile of dirt. That only made everything seem freakier.

One night, as I sat on my bed, I thought about Myungsoo. He was actually really attractive. A little stubborn but attractive. I wondered what he was doing now, if he had forgotten about me, or if this was all even real. I looked up at the painting of him. He was much better looking in person.

I made a last minute decision and grabbed a random magazine from my desk and pulled the blanket off of the mirror. I touched the glass and it was cold and...solid. I frowned in disappointment. Maybe it was a dream after all. I picked up the blanket and was about to drape it over the mirror again until I looked into it and it wasn't my room that I saw. It was the Prince's room. I gasped and picked up the magazine before walking into it.

 

“Oh!” a familiar voice yelped and I heard a thud. He fell off the bed.

I started laughing and said, “You alright?”

He poked his head up from behind the bed and pointed to the mirror. “You just...”

I crossed my arms. “I told you so.”

He gulped and stood up. He was wearing an all white attire. It looked comfortable and breezy. Probably his pajamas.

“I'm glad to see you have more clothes on. Although, I'm still wondering why you're wearing pants,” he said.

“I'm from the future, remember?”

“Right.”

I jumped on his bed and sat down. His eyes widened.

“I brought a little something from the future to enlighten you on what you're missing. Sit.” I patted the spot beside me.

He slowly sat down at the very edge.

I chuckled. “What are you gonna see all the way over there silly!” I scooted closer to him and he tensed up.

But as I flipped through the pages of the magazine, he started to loosen up.

 

“Wow. Who are these painters? These paintings are magnificent.” he trailed a finger along a page. “No texture? And these words. Your calligraphers are amazing too.”

“These pictures were taken by photographers, with a camera.”

“Camera?”

I nodded. “And these words were typed using a computer and printed by a printer.”

He looked at me with a confused face. “I'm sorry. I don't quite follow.”

I patted his head. “Of course you wouldn't darling.”

“Darling?”

“Oh it's slang from the future. Used to call people that are close to you. You can call me it.”

“I didn't get your name last time.”

“Yoonhee.”

He nodded and repeated after me. “Yoonhee...darling.”

I smiled. “You're doing great.”

 

I visited Myungsoo every chance I got now. Whenever I would pass the mirror and see the reflection in his room, I immediately took the chance and went in. He was in his room a lot. I even called him out for it one time.

“You know, for a prince, you're pretty free.”

He smiled as he read some of the books I gave him.

“I'm still a prince. Not a king. I'm free to do whatever I please. What are you?”

“Full time student.”

He nodded and froze. “Who's this?”

I looked over and he was holding a picture of Sungyeol and I when we were still dating.

“Ex-boyfriend. We're not together anymore.”

“He looks...handsome...”

“Why? Jealous Prince Myungsoo?” I smirked.

“No...”

I laughed. “You're more good looking than him. Trust me. And nicer too.”

Myungsoo blushed and quickly hid his face behind the book, thinking I didn't catch him.

“What happened?” he asked, trying to sound casual as he flipped through the pages.

“He broke up with me for another girl.”

Myungsoo practically slammed the book down. “That's horrible! That's like...a crime!”

I laughed. “Maybe for the royal family. But in 2012, it happens all the time.”

He shook his head.

 

“Myungsoo? Is Minji in there?”

“Mother! Um, no it's just me!” Myungsoo gestured for me to go underneath the bed.

His mother walked in. “But I heard voices. More specifically, a girls voice.”

“Mother. I think you're hearing things. How could I ever bring a girl in the room? You would know.”

“What are you doing in your room these days anyways? You used to take walks and greet the villagers. Now all you do is stay trapped here like a prison.”

“It's quiet and peaceful in my room.”

His mother continued to look around suspiciously. “Alright then. Sleep early tonight. You're meeting with the North Province Princess tomorrow to negotiate marriage. We don't want her suitor to look horrid now would we?”

Myungsoo gave a stiff nod and his mother left.

As I slowly made my way back up to the bed(he had gotten more comfortable with sitting on the same bed as time went on), we sat in an awkward silence for a couple moments before I spoke up.
“Princess, huh?”

“Why, are you jealous Yoonhee darling?”

“No...”

“Don't worry, you're more beautiful and sweeter too.”

This time, it was my turn to hide the blushing face.

 

“Hey, how about you take me to see your home?” Myungsoo suggested one day.

“You want to see my house?”

He nodded eagerly.

I smiled. “Sure. I'll take you on a tour of my city too. But first, let me go get a change of clothes for you.”

I walked through the mirror back to my room. I was getting better and better at it. The mirror portal was open all the time now. I went into my parents room and snatched a simple t-shirt and jeans from my dad's drawer.

It look Myungsoo awhile to get the pants on but he managed to.

When he walked out of his closet, I couldn't help but drool a little.

“How do I look? Dashing?” he twirled.

“Great. You look great honestly.”

“I like these future clothes. They're lighter and less suffocating.” he started moving his body around in weird poses.

“You're a dork,” I deadpanned and walked passed him through the mirror.

“What's a dork? Hey! Wait for me!”

 

“What are these odd creatures?” he asked me, as he sipped his coke, or 'the best drink God ever created' according to Myungsoo.

He stared at the movie posture which had aliens on the front.

People were giving him odd looks because he was wearing sunglasses inside the lobby. But apparently, the lighting was hurting his precious prince eyes.

“They're aliens. They're from a different planet.”

“Really? Strange...”

“It's just fiction to me.”

“You never know what's in this world. I mean we can walk through mirrors...”

I laughed. “Touche.”

 

As Myungsoo ran off to look at some random pointless invention mankind managed to create, Sungyeol walked up with his new girlfriend.

“Yoonhee...surprise seeing you here,” he said.

“And why would it be a surprise?”

“Since you're single and all now.”

I scoffed. “You know what -”

“Yoonhee darling! Come here! I won an animal thingy for you!” Myungsoo yelled.

I rolled my eyes. “It's called a plushie!” I yelled back.

“Yoonhee darling?” Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. “Is he your new boyfriend?”

“Yeah. He is. That's none of your business anyway.”

“Whatever.”

They walked away. I stared at them and their intertwined hands.

That used to be me.

 

Myungsoo pushed the plushie up against my cheek.

“Some little kid saw how clueless I was and gave me a coin to play that box thing. I managed to get one for you!”

I took it with a small smile. “Thanks...”

“What's wrong?” he grabbed my chin and turned my face.

“Sungyeol...and his new girl.” I tilted my head in the direction they were walking.

Myungsoo frowned and looked at them. “It's okay. You have me now. Who cares about him? By the way, does everybody hold hands in the future?” he looked around at the all the couples.

“No, just-” before I could finish my sentence, he took my hand.

“Let's go see that fiction!” he smiled, showing his dimple and drank some more coke.

“It's called a movie.”

“Right. Movie. I'm starting to like the future.”

 

After the movie, I took Myungsoo to a fast food restaurant and needless to say, he loved it. He ate three burgers.

I watched him eat with wide eyes.

“Slow down Myungsoo. It's not going anywhere.”

“But it's called fast food. Aren't you supposed to eat it fast?”

He stared at me as I laughed for five straight minutes.

 

“I don't want to go home,” he said when we came back to my house.

“I'm sorry Prince Myungsoo, but you must go back to your home now. Your country awaits you,” I said in a formal tone.

“I'm serious. Can I just stay here for the night?” he pleaded.

“Won't your mom get angry?”

“What's the worse she can do? Spank me?”

I shrugged. “Okay. We have a guest room right next to mine and-”

“Guest room?”

I nodded.

“I want to sleep with you.”

“.........what.”

“I know only husbands and wives share a bed, but only husbands and wives sit on the same bed too. This is no different.”

“It's different here.”

Myungsoo looked angry for a split second before taking my hand. “Fine.”

He pulled us through the mirror and threw me on his bed.

“We're here now, so you're sleeping with me. Good night.” He climbed into bed next to me as I gathered my thoughts.

 

After a moment, I turned to face him. He was staring at me.

“I want to hear your opinion on this,” he said. “What if I lived with you, in the future?”

“As amazing as that sounds Myungsoo, you have your duty here as the Prince.”

He sighed. “I was scared you'd say that.”

“It's the unfortunate truth.”

It was quiet except for the distant crickets and our shallow breathing. Myungsoo scooted closer to me, noses almost touching.

“Will you go out with me?”

I smiled. “You've been reading, I see.”

He grinned. “Answer me.”

“I would love to go out with you, Prince Myungsoo.”

“Myungsoo, just call me Myungsoo. No Prince.”

“Myungsoo.”

That night, we had our first kiss. It was slow, sweet and a little clumsy because Myungsoo had no idea what he was doing, but nonetheless, it was perfect.

 

It was a few days later when I visited Myungsoo, he was distressed over something.

“There you are!” he hugged me.

“What's wrong?”

“My father is making me marry the North Province Princess. I told him I had someone else that I loved and I would marry her. He's not happy about it but he's giving it a chance. He wants to meet you. I know this is so sudden, and I don't even know if you want to live in this time period with me but I can't marry someone I don't love and let you go. I can't.”

I kissed him to shut him up.

“Please...take my hand in marriage Yoonhee darling,” he whispered against my lips.

“Myungsoo...my mother doesn't care for me, my father is never home, I have no friends, no purpose in life, no future but to live in my successful father's shadow. I hate my life. But when I'm with you, I don't feel so lonely anymore. Of course I will take your hand in marriage. I can't imagine myself with anyone but you. I'm ready to leave my past life behind. I want to be with you. I don't care if it's the 1600's or 1800s. Wherever you are, I'll be there.”

We continued to embrace each other and whispered 'I love you's in each others ears.

“The meeting is arranged for Friday,” he said. “I'll have your attire ready by then.”

“Two days...enough time to say goodbye.”

 

The next day, I placed a goodbye note on my parent's bedside table, stating I was leaving and never coming back and to not worry, because I'll be in good hands.

Then I went to the bookstore to find a book on Prince Myungsoo. I had to make sure I was making the right decision. I immediately went to the historical section and browsed the books. I grabbed the first biography on Prince Myungsoo and flipped through the pages. The beginning was mostly about his childhood. I flipped to the back and it was when he was already crowned as king. I turned to the middle and my eyes lit up.

 

Marriage

Prince Myungsoo married a young girl that he claimed to have met in his village. There's not much about her but her name. It was Park Yoonhee.

 

I stopped reading and let the information sink in.

We really get married.

 

I didn't know what fate had in store for me. I wasn't sure what my purpose was, or why I was given the chance to play time, but I knew that I couldn't change the course of history. But it was fine for me, because I love Myungsoo.

So as I was waiting for his parent's arrival at the dinner table, I wasn't so nervous because in the end, I knew we would be together.

And together, we draped a cloth over the mirror and shipped it somewhere far away, to let fate take it where it needs to go.

 

 

Centuries later

“How could he dump me? For another girl?” I ranted to myself as I was driving aimlessly.

I drove pass a yard sale and a large antique mirror caught my eye.

How pretty.

 

==========================

i already started planning my next oneshot. if you guys haven't already seen the trend, EXO is next.

here's a hint...LOVE TRIANGLE. ;)