Scavenger Hunt

I Fell in Love with a Mermaid

No One’s P.O.V.
“Yah, hyung.” Taemin waved his hand in front of Jonghyun’s face. “Hyung. HYUNG!” He grabbed his shoulders and shook him with all his strength. Jonghyun slumped back into his original position with his puzzled expression. “Hyung.” Taemin whined.

Jonghyun shook his head. “Bwoh?”

Taemin rolled his eyes. “After all that, you finally snap out of it. Help me pack our stuff.”

Jonghyun blinked, “Pack?”

“We’re leaving for Seoul tomorrow.”

“Already?”

“Neh. You forgot already?”

“A-ani...” Jonghyun turned his head away in disappointment.

Taemin sighed, “Hyung. What’s wrong?” Jonghyun shook his head. “Tell me. You haven’t been yourself for a while now.” Taemin frowned, “Ever since you got back from swimming last week, you seemed like you changed.”

Jonghyun frowned, “What do you mean I’ve changed?"

"You’ve been spacing out a lot and you give us one worded answers.”

“Oh...mianhaeyo...”

“It’s fine. What happened to you after that night?” Taemin eyed him curiously.

Jonghyun hesitated. “I...”

“You...?”

Jonghyun sighed. “I met a girl at the stream.”

“That’s it?!” Taemin looked at him shocked then mumbled, “And here you guys were lecturing me about girls before we came here.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “Pabo. She didn’t seem like any other girl. She seemed...unreal. Aish, I don’t know how to explain.”

Taemin eyed him curiously, “Sounds like you’re really interested in her...” He wiggled his eyebrows, “So...who is she?”

Jonghyun smirked, “I don’t know who she is. I just saw her.”

“Wait...you were at the stream, weren’t you?” Taemin’s eyes got wide, “OH MY GOD, YOU SAW HER , YOU BYUNTAE!!!!!! I’M TELLING KEY UMMA!!!!!” He turned and ran in the other direction as fast as he could screaming, “KEY UMMA!!!!!”

“AISH, TAEMIN!” Jonghyun ran after him but ran right into the door as Taemin slammed it shut. “Ow...”

“Key umma!” Jonghyun groaned as he heard Taemin telling Key what he misunderstood.

“HE WHAT?!” Key yelled in shock.

Jonghyun crept away but the door slammed open as Key walked in. “YOU!” Jonghyun froze on the floor. Key shrugged. “I already figured you were a byuntae but, seriously?! A girl?! Aish!” Key shook his head.

Jonghyun shrugged, “It’s not like I saw her ...” He mumbled.

Key quirked an eyebrow, “Oh? Then WHAT did you see?”

Jonghyun smirked, “Now why do you want to know? Weren’t you just scolding me?”

Key whacked him on the head and frowned, “So I know if I should report you or not.”

“Aish, ani ani! I only saw her shoulders that’s it, I swear!!”

Key looked him up and down then nodded, “Arasso. But teach my boy to be a byuntae then you’re in big trouble mister.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “Why am I the one nicknamed byuntae? Minho’s the bigger one.” He mumbled.

Minho walked by and smirked, “Hyung, you must of had nice peeks of me in the shower  and I don’t get caught like you.” He winked.

“YAH!” Key smacked him on the head. “You got caught now mister!”

Minho grabbed his head, “Yah, what was that for?”

“For being a byuntae. Now, you,” Key turned back Jonghyun, “Bring the girl to me and I’ll decide if you are a real byuntae. If she says that all you saw was her shoulders then I won’t call you byuntae no more. Arasso?”

Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck, “Yeah, you see, that’s the problem. I don’t know who or where she is...”

Key stared at him in annoyed shock. “What do you mean you don’t know who or where she is? You met her didn’t you?”

“Yeah but she never told me her name or how to contact her. She just gave me a note then left.”

Key thought for a moment, “What did the note say?”

“It said, ‘Find me.’”

“That’s it? Well that’s a lot of help.” Key said irritated. “How did she look like? We can ask around town while we still can.”

Jonghyun frowned slightly as he tried to remember the details. “She had long jet black-blue hair, pale skin like Taemin, and her eyes...” He paused.

“Her eyes?” Key prompted.

“I don’t think I saw them clearly because she was still in the water but they seemed blue and hazel.”

“Blue and hazel?”

“Neh.”

“That’s a weird combo for eyes.” Key shrugged. “Well let’s finish packing and I’ll go ask our manager if we can go out for a bit.” Everyone nodded.

Key left as Onew came out of his room with a bucket of chicken, “What’s with the noise?”

“Jonghyun hyung was peeking on a girl now we’re going to look for her so he can prove that he’s not a byuntae.” Taemin replied cheekily.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. Onew shrugged, “Kind of figured he was a byuntae so it’s no surprise.”

“Yah! Onew hyung.” Jonghyun whined.

Onew shrugged again, “You are one of the playboys of the group.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes again.

Key swung the door open, “He said we can go out and find the mystery girl.”