Only The Beginning

I Fell in Love with a Mermaid

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

I grinned, “Shall we?” I extended a hand. She returned my grin with a smirk. She curtsied slightly and walked toward the dance floor as she accepted my request.

The song began slowly and fluidly as our footsteps began to dance around one another, the other pair chasing the next. “You’re light on your feet.” She commented.

“Being an idol pays off.” I winked. “You’re light on your feet as well.”

“Being able to own your own dance studio pays off too.”

“Touche.” I chuckled.

“Miss.” Our feet stopped mid-way. “Your brother-in-law would like to speak with you.”

“Ah,” She bowed her head slightly, “I’ll be there. Excuse me.” She smoothly slid from my embrace and crossed the dance floor following the waiter.

I glanced at my hands and felt...empty...as if I was missing something. I shook my head and went to search for Key.

"So...I see that you found another one already?" Key raised an eyebrow.

Jonghyun shook his head. "She seemed familiar."

"How so?"

"She looks about like her but I'm not sure." I sighed in frustration, “Something doesn’t feel right.”

A cold hand laid on my shoulder, “Hello there mister.” I turned to see a beautiful vixen dressed in a long black dress that glittered like diamonds. The dress stuck to her body like a second skin. ‘Another one?’ I forced my lips to in a smile. “Hello. Are you enjoying your evening?”

“I am but, I was wondering if you would like a dance with me?” She smiled sweetly.

My eyes narrowed as a chill slid up my spine. “After you.” I bowed slightly and stretched my hand out. I glanced toward Key but he only gave me a shrug before he looked away. I sighed and followed the girl. My head turned as I saw Minho leading a girl out toward the balcony. ‘What is he doing?’

“So, I heard that you’re a part of a group named SHINee, right?” Her arms curled around my shoulders.

I gently placed my hands on her hips, “Neh, I am. May I ask for the name of who I’m dancing with?” I smiled politely.

She returned the smile, “Lynn.”

Mystery Girl's P.O.V.

My hands clenched on the back of the cushioned chair. ‘She dares to come here?’ My eyes narrowed. ‘And sneak so close to him?!’ Her hips swayed as they moved along the dancefloor but they kept inching closer and closer as his kept moving farther and farther away My lips twitched. ‘He better be resisting her.’

“Can you keep your eyes off of him long enough for me to inform you that she’s here?”

“You’re a little late. I already seen her.” I turned and leaned against the arm of the chair.

“Ah, so that’s why you’re quietly seething. She has her hands on him at this moment?” I nodded. My brother chuckled, “She works fast.”

I growled, “And you need to work faster.”

His hands went up in mock defence, “Hey now, I’m doing my best for my sweet little sister so you need to be patient now.”

I sighed, “Sorry. I snapped.” I glanced out the window. “I finally find a good candidate but I don’t want what happened last time to happen again. Also, with her here, she’s going to make things even more difficult.”

He nodded, “Arasso, I’ll have to take her out of the picture for as long as I can then.”

“Please do but don’t draw attention to yourself or she’ll notice and shy away. She always does.” I glared at the dance floor. Her hands found themselves entangled around the base of his head. I growled, ‘Keep your hands off of him.’

“And I thought men were suppose to be the caveman of the relationship.” He teased.

I grinned, “What? Women can’t be protective too?”

He shook his head, “Be careful, dongsaeng, if you don’t want another repeat.” He silently warned.

I looked away and nodded slowly, “I understand.” I took a deep breath then looked his way, “Is that all?” He nodded. “Alright, I’ll be leaving then.”

“Lia. When all of this is over and appa happens to accept us all back, what are you going to do with him? You know our people won’t accept it.”

“They can live. As for him...I don’t know yet. I can figure it out when we get there.”

“What if it’s too late then? What if you’ve fallen?” I kept quiet. He stepped closer, “You know you can’t return once that’s happened.” A hint of desperation crept into his voice.

“Like I said,” I began quietly, “I’ll figure it out when we come to that point. I’m still here, right?”

Warm arms surrounded me, “But for how much longer?” He rested his head on mine, “You’re my little sister. I’m suppose to protect you but I know that if we go back then I can’t anymore.”

“Then don’t protect me. Don’t you think you’ve protected me long enough?”

“That’s like asking a starving man to not eat a plate full of delicacy when it’s set only an arm’s reach away from him.”

“I’m sorry then. I’m getting us back home. It’s my fault that I got us thrown out in the first place.”

He only sighed.