First Impressions are Crucial

I Fell in Love with a Mermaid

SHINee's P.O.V.

“Looks like we’re heading to Seoul now!” Onew stretched out his arms. “Home, sweet home, here we come!”

Minho glanced at Jonghyun’s face. “Are you alright, hyung?”

“Hm?” Jonghyun snapped out of his daze. “Oh, neh, I’m fine. What’s up?”

“Nothing.” Minho shook his head. “You just looked like you were zoning out for a bit, that’s all.”

The door at the end of the room opened, “Hello boys! I got news for you, when we land, we’re heading straight to a party. We got an invitation then, we’re staying for a week then heading to Paris! So you all better be prepared!” Their manager exclaimed excitedly.

The boys were not so enthusiastic. Key groaned, “Chincha? Aish, we just barely got off vacation and already we have to go work?”

“Yah, yah, it’s good for your public image so we gotta do it. Look,” His voice softened, “If it were my choice, I would give you guys a whole month off but I have no control over that. We bargained for a small amount of time and we got it. So we gotta pay back our debt, arasso?”

“Neh...” They weakly replied. “Let’s get this show on the road then.” Minho sighed.

Party in Seoul~...

“Are you sure about this princess?” A tall, built, burly man asked as he bent down to her ear.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror then glanced into his eyes, “I’m sure Raphael.” Her eyes turned into sorrow as she glanced at her reflection again, “He won’t let me come home if I don’t bring him.”

SHINee Arriving at Destination~...

“Wow, this place looks really high class.” SHINee glanced around as they took in the expensive cars rolling in on the drive-through and the people walking by in extravagant gowns and expensive tailored suits.

“I feel like we’re going to a masquerade ball except everyone’s missing their masks.” Taemin mumbled.

“I just hope they have chicken.” Onew announced.

The boys stared, “I thought you loved halmuni’s pie now?”

Onew shrugged, “Chicken will always be the love of my life.”

“Ah...” Key slowly nodded, “So then, I didn’t need halmuni’s recipe now did I?” Onew slowly shook his head. “You’re dead when we get back. But I’ll admit, her pie was damn good.”

“Arasso, arasso, enough star gazing and let’s get inside the party, shall we?” Their manager dragged them along as they entered an enormous hall that lead to a large intricate ballroom at the end of the long corridor.

“Wow.” They all mumbled.

Minho slowly took in his surroundings as someone bumped into him. “Yah-” He froze as he met eyes with a pair of startled violet ones. ‘Strange colors for eyes...’

“I’m so sorry! Please excuse me! I didn’t stain your clothing, did I?” She rushed.

“Huh?” Minho shook his head, snapping out of his trance, “What?” Her words finally clicked, “Oh, ani. I’m fine.” He looked down at the platter, “Say, is that shrimp?” She nodded slowly. He grinned like a charmer. “I like shrimp.” He took one and bit off a small chunk. “Kind of how I like your eyes.” She blushed.

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

I sighed, “This is pointless for me.”

“Kim Jonghyun?” A high pitched voice sounded near him.

He silently hissed, “Annyeong. How may I be of service?”

“Omo! Annyeong! It’s so nice to meet you! I’m such a big fan!”

“Ah, that’s nice to hear. Thank you for your support.” He replied somewhat anxious. ‘I need to get out of here.’

As if right on cue, all conversations stopped, the music paused, and all heads turned toward the huge staircase as a figure slowly appeared at the top. ‘She...looks familiar...’ She wore an emerald dress with its skirt cut in the front to above the knee but the back draped like a peacock’s tail. She began her descent down, graceful like a ballerina’s step. All was quiet until she reached the dancefloor. Everything began again. Chattering picked up where they left off and the music began playing again.

I searched for her but she was nowhere to be seen. “So, as I was saying...” The fan began.

“Excuse me but,” Another voice cut her off, “may I borrow this man please?” A soft melodious voice asked. I turned abruptly and there she was, standing right in front of me. I froze in my tracks as I was mesmerized by her beauty.

“Oh neh, of course.” The girl bowed slightly and went on her way.

She turned and smiled, “So we meet Mr. Kim Jonghyun. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

I cleared my throat, gathering my wits while I was at it. “Have you? What did you hear?”

She grinned, “That you had an incredible voice to have entered Immortal Song. I watched you that night and I have to agree with the gossip, you were pretty good.”

I grinned in response, “Thank you. I try my best but even sometimes that’s not enough.”

“Humble and chivalrous.” She chuckled, “I like that.”

I felt myself heat up a little, “Ah, may I ask what’s your name?”

“That...” She smirked, “will have to be something you have to earn.”

I frowned slightly, “How?”

She shrugged then walked off toward the dance floor. “You can start by showing me your dance skills.” She winked.