The Game Beings

I Fell in Love with a Mermaid

Mystery Girl’s P.O.V.

“Where is he...?” I glanced left to right as I crossed the dancefloor. "He had better still be here." I heard a seductive giggle, my head jerked toward the direction. I scowled as I saw her taking him out to the gardens. Jonghyun bowed politely and said a few words then left her side. She seemed taken back then huffed in irritation and stomped away. I smiled as I saw her walk away. I felt a hand tap at my shoulder. I turned then frowned.
“Disappointed to see that’s me instead of Jonghyun, huh?” He gave a small embarrassed smile then he recovered and turned it into a bright smile. “Annyeonghaeseyo, I’m Taemin, SHINee’s maknae.” The boy bowed and smiled. “I’ll lead you to Jonghyun.” Taemin kindly extended his arm. I stared at him curiously then slowly took his arm and looped mine around his. He bowed his head then headed in the direction that Jonghyun had disappeared too earlier. I glanced at his features and I puzzled over his kind aura. ‘He reminds me of a puppy.’ A stab pierced my heart. ‘Something I used to be.’ I shut out any further thoughts and memories. ‘That me is dead. I need to focus on what needs to be done here.’

“We’re here.” Taemin said quietly. He leaned down slightly and whispered into my ear. “He’s on the balcony behind the curtain. Be careful not to scare him.”

I raised an eyebrow but I only curtsied and bowed my head. “Thank you.” I replied quietly. He smiled and bowed then left.

I pulled the curtain aside and could only stare at the back that was my ticket home. ‘Our ticket home.’ I quietly took a deep breath to calm my rushing heart and stepped quietly onto the balcony. I placed a hand on his shoulder and he jumped, shoving my hand away harshly. My eyes widen as he raised his fist then his expression cleared as he saw my face. He coughed, “Sorry. I don’t like getting caught by surprise.” He blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

I smiled slightly, “It’s alright, I should have made my presence known.” Jonghyun gave a small smile. “So what brings you out here?”

“Just wanted to get some fresh air and to get away from all of the chaos back there.” I nodded. He glanced at me. “What brings you out here?”

I smiled. “Fresh air?”

Jonghyun frowned and leaned closer, “Somehow, I don’t think that’s the reason. I think you have a different motive but I can’t quite figure it out.”

“And what hidden motive could I have to come here?” I said breathlessly.

“I don’t know.” His hand sneakily s it’s way around my waist and pulled me closer, pressing me against his chest.

“Maybe I’m your ticket home?” He said an inch away from my lips.

“If I admitted that you are?” My gaze fell upon his lips.

“Then you are cruel.” He gently brushed his lips upon mine. I gasped quietly. “You’re cruel because you already take over my mind and I barely even met you.” He growled as he seized control of the kiss. I lost myself to his brute force. “I knew it...” He pulled away. “You were the girl from the lake.” I felt something wrap around my wrist. “I came to return this.” He stared into my eyes teasingly, “And to see my new target.”

“I’m a target now, eh?” I smirked. “Two can play at that game, Mr. Kim Jonghyun.” I sashayed out of his grip. “You’re not the first playboy that I’ve played.” I grinned and walked back to the dancefloor.

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

I grinned as I eyed my trophy walking away. “This is going to be a fun conquest. I wonder how long this game is going to last before one of us crumbles.” I shrugged and took one last breath of air then followed her retreating figure back to the dancfloor.