Chapter 9

Us vs. Them

~~~Nina's POV~~~

 

                I lay on my bed awake in my dark room, only with the moonlight coming through my window. It's 10:30 and I can't go to sleep because I can't stop thinking about what I did to Yamada, although I warned him.                                                                                               After laying on my bed staring at the cieling I get up and head out. Mostly all the lights are off except for the lights downstairs. With the dim light I guide myself towards Yamada's room. Once I get to his door, I pause; I'm not sure if I can do this. But instead of walking away, and going to bed, I open the door. I look inside and see Yamada fast asleep, so I quietly close the door. 

"AAHH!" I yell when I feel someone infront of me.

"What was going on?" the person asks. I look closely at him with the dim light and see Matsumoto Jun standing with a smile on his face. 

"You scared me!" I whisper/yell  "And nothing was going on."

"Uh-huh, sure." he says walking away with a erted smile.

"For real! Nothing was going on."

"Yeah, yeah. I know girls your age and guys his age, you know want to have fun. I won't tell anyone."

"Eh!? NO! I'm not like that." I reply running down the stairs after him. "Don't thing erted things!"

"Then what were you doing?" he asks going in the kitchen.

"I was just going to say sorry for what I did earlier." I answer settling down on the chair.

"Oh...are you sure?" he says getting a juicefrom the fridge.

"Hey! I'm telling the truth." I answer getting pissed.

"Okay. Fine." he says sitting across from me and passing a juice. "I'm sorry." then he puts his hand on mine. I was literally about to spit out my drink, but I didn't.

"Why?" I ask putting my drink down.

"Because the first time we all met, I called you a maid and bossed you around."

"Oh...that. It's okay. Anyways, I should be saying sorry after I...uh...you know...hit you."


"That was painful." he says having a flashback.

"Well I tried to kick your stomach, but you had to move." 

"Uh-huh sure, that's what they all say." 

"There was more?" I ask shocked 

"Uh...I didn't say that." he answers.

"Yeah...sure." I said. The whole time we were talking I didn't notice that Jun still had his hand on me. I looked at him and then at his hand. He saw me look at his hand and he took it off. There was akward silence for a minute. 

"I'm tired, going to sleep. You coming?"

"No. I'll finish up my drink." 

"Ok. Oyasumi."he says 

"Oyasumi Jun-ni." He turns to look me surprised. Realizing what I said my face went hot. He got this huge smile on his face and just walked out. 

(A/N:: wen u add -ni its like saying brother or something....its like oppa in korean.....)

~~~Myu's POV~~~

I sit on my bed and start hearing footsteps. Then Nina comes in my room.

"You're still up?" she asks sitting next to me.

"I think I should be asking you that."

Oh...right." 

"What happened to you?" I ask noticing her being all jittery.

"I accidently called Jun, Jun-ni."

"Wait..Akanishi Jin or Matsumoto Jun?"

"Matsumoto Jun." she answers

"Your serious? You called the guy who called you a maid -ni?"

"Yes I know. But it was an accident." she answers 

"And what did he do?" 

"He got this huge smile on his face and just left." 

"I bet he'll brag in the morning."

"Yea. That's what I'm afraid of." she says "But you know, I'm ok with calling him -ni."

"You are?"

"Yea. I mean he didn't know  me in the beggining and he also asked forgiveness-"

"Wait he asked forgiveness?"

"Yea. Before I called him -ni."

"Oh. Well then you shouldn't feel wierd."

"Yea I know." and she just blankly looks down.

"I need to get water." I say getting up.  When I go to the kitchen I see Yamada eating cereal. I look at the clock and it's already 11:30 p.m; midnight snack? He looks up and notices I'm there .

"Hey." he says

"Yeah." I answer getting water. Once I grab my water I sit across  from him. Then he puts his spoon down and looks at me, or STARES at me.

"What?" I ask. 

"No...nothing." he says looking down. " Actually , yes. I don't want to be enemies with you since we live in the same house. Can we atleast be friends?" 

 Sigh..."This is hard for me to say...but yes." I finally answer

"Friends?" he says taking out his hand for a handshake.

"Oh god." and I give my hand.

"So." Yamada says after the akward handshake.

"So." and akward silence.  "This is hard." 

"No it's not." Yamada replies excited. "Ok let me tell you something." But instead he just sat there looking into space. "This is hard." and I chuckle in respond.

"Well atleast I got you to laugh a little." 

"Shut up idiot. I didn't laugh." i say smiling.

"Yeah ok." he says, then silence...again. 

"Sooo...how's school?" he asks.

"Um...we go to the same school, same class. I think you know how it is." 

"Yeah."

"I get good grades." I say rubbing it in. "I get higher grades  then you...I..." 

"Okay okay. I get it, don't rub it." he says getting pissed.

"That's what I do. Rub stuff about things to people that pisses them off." I answer smirking.

"Yeah okay."  

"Oh...um...Nina wanted to say she's sorry, but you were sleeping." 

"Oh...well it's ok." he says absently putting his hand on his cheek. Once he noticed that I was staring at him he puts his hand down quickly.  "And I'm sorry for bothering you."

"Yeah. It's ok." I answer. After a while Yamada starts heading out. "Hey don't tell anyone about what just happened."

"About what?" and he walks off.

 

 

I smile then I get up to get some cereal of my own. When I was about to sit down Da