Chapter 4

Us vs. Them

~~~~Myu's POV~~~~

 

         Tora, Nina, and I didn’t get home till’ 10:30 pm even though our curfew is at 10 pm. Although our parents aren’t here, Johnny os-san told us our curfew. When we get to the driveway we see that everyone is home from celebrating Sho Sakurai’s birthday. Yeah, Sho Sakurai and I have the same birthday, January 25. No one else in the house knows only Tora, and Nina. I don’t want anyone else to know because I’m afraid Sho Sakurai will think I’m lying and stuff and I don’t want to get pissed, ‘cause I hate being called a liar.

         When we get inside everyone is sleeping in the family room, mostly the adults, drunk.

“Wow they’re wasted.” Nina comments. Some of them were on the couches and sofas and some practically on the floor.

“Girls get in here.” Yamapi from News calls us. His actual name is Yamaa Tomohisa. Someone came up with ‘Yamapi’ and he doesn’t like the name people call him that. I don’t like the name either but I’m used to calling him Yamapi.

         We follow him to the kitchen and he goes around the table and makes us stand on the other side.

“Where were you?” Yamapi said really low that we could barely hear him.

“What?” Nina asks.

“Where were you guys!?” Yamapi says practically yelling. What the hell? Why is he mad?

“We were at the park.” Tora answers.

“At 10 pm?” he says

“Actually we left the park at 6 and went to McDonalds.” I answer.

“So you were McDonalds for 4 hours?” he asks

“Yeah. Why do you care?” I answer

“What if something happened to you!?” he says yelling.

“What the hell!?”  Nina says getting up

“3 girls alone at 10 pm! What if something happened?” Yamapi asks
“Well if something happened, we could defend ourselves.” Tora answers

“What if you couldn’t? Then what?!” he says yelling

“Wait a minute!” I say “Why do you care?!”

“Yeah, since when?” Tora asks

“Last time we checked you weren’t our dad.” Nina says

"Look!" he says yelling then stops and starts more calm "Look, I do care. I'm responsible for you guys including those drunk es." says reffering to the guys in the family room.

"Why?" I ask

"Mr. Johnny made me responsible."

"Well you got out of hand." Nina informs him

"You guys came home late," he answers "So I got worried."

"Well our curfew is at 10" Tora says

"We only came 30 minutes late." I say matter-of-factly. Yamapi comes around the table to our side and stands infront of us.

"I was never responsible for girls before, so I was worried." he confesses

"Yeah ok. Just don't get too worried around us." Nina says

"Because we can defend ourselves."  I say

"Okay fine. Just don't scare me." then he hugs all three of us. When we finished hugging I looked at Tora and she was blushing. Nina elbowed her and she looked away.

"Okay. I'm going to my room ow." Nina says and heads out the kitchen. That's wierd, why was she in a hurry? She never goes to sleep at this time. I start following Nina but making sure to keep my distance. Nina goes to Daiki's and Chinen;s room. Why is she going there for? I go by the door and start hearing the conversation, with Nina yelling at them.

"What were you guys thinking?!" I hear Nina whisper-yell

"We were curious." I think Daiki answers

"Gomenasaii" I think Chinen says.

"Whatever." Nina answers "What if Myu saw you guys following us?"

"We were keeping a low profile."  Chinen answers

"Yeah that's why I found you guys right?"  Nina answers sarcastically.

"Ok. Look we're sorry."  Daiki says

"Yeah okay. Just let me tell you, don't tell anyone that Myu's birthday is the same as Sho Sakurai" she says.

"Why?" Chinen asks

"Because Myu is afraid that Sho Sakurai will call her a liar and stuff like that. Myu hates being called a liar." Nina answers

"Oh." Daiki and Chinen both replied

"Just don't say anything to anyone. Got it? 'Cause if something happens then I'll come after you two." Nina threatens.

"Got it." they both reply. I stand behind the door thanking Nina for telling them that but then I hear movement and the doorknob moving. Nina comes out but I think she didn't see me because I ran to my room.