Awake

Forbidden Love

 

Minhe looks around, checking to see if her dad is okay. She spots him a couple feet away from her fighting off a few burly men. She grins. *He's okay.*

However, she sees a man pointing a gun at him, again. Her eyes widen in shock and and she bolts for her dad. She sees the man pull the trigger.

"DADDY NOO!!!"

 

 

Minhe's eyes shoot open and cold sweat drips from her forehead. She looks around at her surroundings. *I'm in the hospital...*

She feels a light weight on the side of her bed and looks down to see L.Joe fast asleep. A small smile appears on her lips as she tries to reach over to his hair.

A sharp pain shoots through her body when she tries to bend over. She lets out a strangled scream, making L.Joe wake up.

"Minhe!! Are you okay?? You're awake!" He pulls her into a bear hug and she lets out another pained yelp.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry Minhe... Where does it hurt? Should I go call a doctor? I can get you medicine or something-"

She painfully lies back down on the bed and weakly shakes her head. She winces when she accidentally touches her side. 
"Is.. Is Daddy okay?" she whispers.

L.Joe nods, tears beginning to form in his eyes. "Minhe. You have no idea how scared we were. We thought.. We thought we would l-lose you...." He gently her hair and holds on tightly to her hand.

"I'm sorry Minhe. I should've taken better care of you." A tear rolls down his face and she gently reaches up to wipe it away.

"Don't be oppa. You've done more than enough for me. I should've been more careful.. I'm sorry oppa."

He gently kisses her forehead and helps her lie down comfortably in bed. "Go back to sleep Minhe. I'll go call your dad, ok?"

She nods and slowly closes her eyes. 
"Stay.. with me.. oppa.. Don't... go..." she mumbles before falling into a deep, peaceful slumber.

L.Joe rubs her hand with his thumb. *Don't worry Minhe. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here for you. Now and forever.*

 

 

"Be careful, sweetheart. Slowly.. Watch that step!!" her dad squeals.

He helps her into the house and rushes off to make her some food. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. *Feels good to be home.* She carefully makes her way to the couch and plops down into the seat. She lays her crutches down on the floor and turns the TV on. She boredly surfs through the channels when her dad comes bounding over.

"I made you ramen. Your favorite," he chuckles.

She beams and gives her dad a tight hug. 
"It's been forever since I had ramen! The stupid nurses at the hospital wouldn't give it to me," she pouts. Her dad chuckles again and ruffles her hair. "Dig in sweetheart. There's more where that came from."

She takes the chopsticks and eagerly digs in.
 "Thank you daddy!" she mutters, full of ramen.

"Slow down honey. No one is going to take it away from you! You're going to choke that way!" he scolds.

She playfully sticks her tongue out at him but begins to chew slower anyways. She holds some out for her dad but he kindly rejects. 
"I made it alll for you honey."

After she's done, she leans back in her seat and pats her stomach in a satisfied manner. "THANK YOU FOR THE FOOOOD~"

"Aigooo. You ate the whole thing?? I cooked enough for 5 people! Such a big appetite for such a skinny little girl." He hugs her around the waist and she leans her head against her dad's broad shoulders.

Suddenly she feels a single tear fall onto her hand. *What the-* She looks up at her dad to see him... crying.

"Daddy?? Daddy, what's wrong? Are you hurt somewhere??" She frantically searches her dad's face for any signs of pain but he just warily shakes his head.

"I-I'm fine.. But you, Minhe.. I almost... I almost got you killed." He puts his fist against his mouth to help keep the tears back.

"Oh Daddy.. Please don't c-cry." She feels her eyes getting watery. "Daddy, it wasn't your fault. I was just being careless. I should've been more careful. So please d-don't cry Daddy... It wasn't your fault." She gives her dad a reassuring hug.

Her dad her head in a loving manner. 
*I'm so sorry Minhe. I'm so so very sorry.*