Guy That Doesn't Ring a Bell

Memoirs of a Celebrity Amnesiac

 

I don't remember sleeping but I do remember my dream.
 
My dream was like this...
 
I was inside YG Entertainment's office building in my training clothes, plain white shirt with a gray jacket partnered with a black sweat pants and my old red rubber shoes. 
 
Everything around me was in chaos. Documents were all over the floor; Employees came back and forth with papers and CDs in their arms that seemed like they weren't able to get a hold on; Stylists come and go with racks that were full of different kinds of sponsored clothes and accessories; Managers holding little notebooks with their artists' schedule while trying to make phone calls but in the midst of this, there I was, very disoriented.
 
I did a 360 degree turn and observed my surroundings. People were coming in and out of different rooms and offices except for one. The sign on the door says "Recording Studio". I clasped the door handle and gave the door a light push so I wouldn't disturb anyone inside.
 
When I opened the door, I saw Teddy Sunbae with his usual clothes on, jeans, jacket with a hood and a cap. He was there with his headphones on. Despite the total unorganized state outside, he was calm and insouciant, like he wasn't even aware of what was happening outside. He was swaying his hands and bobbing his head to the beat of what seemed to be his new "obra maestra".
 
I knocked on the door twice, thinking that he would be angry if I entered without asking for permission but he didn't notice me so I decided to enter quietly and sit on the farthest side of the sofa.
 
Since I became a trainee, my dream is to be able to get into this prestigious studio and record my very own song that I made myself. Albeit it wasn't my purpose here, I still feel honored. Just seeing Teddy sunbae work there and I, sitting casually inside, is an honor.
 
I made up my mind to just talk to him but before I could move from my seat, the door opened, revealing two people; G-Dragon sunbae and the other was.....
 
Me.
 
Yes. Another me but the diffence was she was in a very beautiful floral shirt, black shorts, four inches stiletto shoes while holding a red gucci bag and rayban sunglasses. I looked at myself and frowned. Psshht. Well, this is my dream. I could be anyone that I want.
 
GD sunbae sat beside Teddy oppa while my alter ego sat just a few feet away from me. I tried to get the guys' attetion but they were too busy talking about beats and rhythms that I won't be able to understand. I looked at my other self but then I caught her staring at me. She was looking at me straight in the eyes and her stare was like piercing through my skull.
 
The guys started talking to her but she still didn't remove her gaze at me. I wanted to just get up and walk away but it seemed like her stare held me into place.
 
"Okay. So it's settled then," Teddy sunbae announced. I wasn't sure what they were talking about.
 
"Jade, let's do this!" He added with a determined voice. I waited for her to stand up but then she just averted her gaze from mine for the first time but it was like she was telling me to look at GD sunbae so I did and there I saw him motioning me to move. It was weird because I thought that they didn't notice me earlier. I looked at the direction where his finger was pointed and then there, I saw my eomma, waiting for me inside the live room.
 
I slowly opened my eyes. I looked at my side still with a blurry sight. It seemed like I slept for a few years. I rubbed my eyes with my left hand and then I saw a man, the same age as me I think, sleeping peacefully with his head on the edge of my bed. He was too peaceful to look at so I think I unconsciously started his smooth hair.
 
My gaze was fixed on him when I heard the phone ring. It slightly startled me, maybe because I haven't heard it for a while. When I felt that he was moving closer, I pretended to sleep but with one eye slightly open. He opened the lamp on my bedside table that revealed his smooth white skin, perfect facial features and red hair. He took his phone from his pocket and answered.
 
"Yoboseyo?" he answered with a hoarse voice. He coughed a little. "Yoboseyo?" he said it with a much clearer voice but still with a tinge of sleepiness. He listened to the other caller. "Neh. I'll be there in ten minutes," he said. "Neh. Annyeong," he bid goodbye to the caller.
 
He hoisted his backpack. He brushed some curls of my hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. And what he did next shocked me.  He kissed my forehead longer than I expected then he slowly pulled away. "Myeonnie is leaving. I hope that you'll wake up soon, Princess," he whispered while my cheeks. He smiled sweetly and gave me one last kiss on the back of my hand and left.
 
I slowly opened both of my eyes then looked at the door where he just went out. Who could he be?