TRAPPED

My Cabbage Girl

Next day morning, Bora and Eunhyuk took a train and went back to their village...

"I'm home. Thank you for sending me." Bora wave goodbye to Eunhyuk as she dashed into her home, wanting to see her mother badly.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Bora let out a loud scream and Eunhyuk dashes in.

To his horror, he saw Bora's mother, Sonyee, lying motionless on the kitchen floor while the porridge is cooking. If they were to come home later, a fire might have broke out.

"OMMA!" Bora shouted as she tried to wake her mother up and Eunhyuk put out the charcoal and took the porridge away.

"Come let me help!" Eunhyuk then carried Sonyee and they both rushes out to Eunhyuk's family.

After a few hours, Dr Lee (Eunhyuk's foster father) came out and told Bora that Sonyee is suffering from brain tumor, and she will often suffer from black out as the tumor blocked one of the nerves on the brain.

Bora was devastated but all she knew as to bring her mother to Seoul for a brain surgery. Dr Lee told her to prepare a huge sum of money as the surgery would be very expensive.

"Bora ah." Sonyee stood up and called for Bora.

"Deh Omma" Bora hugged her tightly and started sobbing.

"I'm okay Bora ah. It's okay... I'm fine..." Sonyee sobbed too.

Eunhyuk then send both of them home. At Bora's house.

"Thank you oppa. Omma is sleeping now.." Bora said weakly.

"You should get some rest too." Eunhyuk patted her shoulders.

"Araso." Bora said briefly, "Annyeong Oppa" and went to her room.

Eunhyuk then left. But Bora couldn't fall asleep, she kept thinking of what Dr Lee told her, she must earn as much money as possible in the shortest period of time.

She went out and headed to the diamond fog spring, her favourite hang out since young.

She sat by the spring and pondered, what are the possible ways to save her mother, then she started sobbing and then crying out loud.

She felt so depressed and she has never felt that way before, she has never thought that her mother will leave her one day, and she will be left alone.

"OMMA!" Bora cried out and continued crying.

Suddenly, she felt someone hugging her from behind.

"Bora ah. It's okay. We can find a way." a soothing voice cooed her.

"OPPA!" She knew it was Eunhyuk, as Eunhyuk is always there when she felt sad.

She turned around and cried into Eunhyuk's chest as Eunhyuk hugged her tightly, heart aching to see her like that.

*FLASHBACK TO 15 YEARS AGO*


"Bora is stupid because her mother is stupid!" her classmate .

"YA! JUGULEH?!" Bora then punched her classmate and was caught by the teacher.

"BORA! How dare you! Didn't your mother teach you any manners?! Oh I forgot, she's dumb! So are you!" the teacher shouted at her and Bora kicked her teacher.

"YA! YOU'RE OUT! DO NOT EVER COME BACK TO SCHOOL!" the teacher fumed as Bora ran away.

She ran to the diamond fog spring and cried. Then, a reassuring pair of hands tapped her.

She turned around and saw a boy clad in white singlet and khaki bermudas, he looks a few years older then her.

"Are you okay?" the boy asked with concern and Bora bursted into tears.

"AH! Don't cry! I'm here..." the boy then took out a handful of sweets and gave it to Bora.

"Eat these! You'll feel better!" Bora then took it and popped one into .

"See? Nice?" Eunhyuk asked as he sat down infront of Bora.

"Deh." Bora answered softly and Eunhyuk wiped her tears away.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Eunhyuk inmida!" Eunhyuk then held out his hand to her and Bora whispered "Annyeong. Bora inmida." and took his hand.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Eunhyuk then took out an envelope and passed to Bora.

Bora looked at him puzzedly and took it, she opened it and saw a stack of money and gasped.

"OPPA! Where did you get that from!?"

"ah... that's my savings..." Eunhyuk said while scratching the back of his head, that was actually his savings to get married.

"Aniyo! I can't take it" Bora replied and shoved the envelope back to Eunhyuk.

"Take it! I demand" Eunhyuk shoved it back.

"ANDWAE!" Bora pushed his hands and Eunhyuk shouted "YA! Just take it. Take it as I borrowed you the money first! Ara?"

"Araso." Bora took it and smiled, "Thank you oppa!" and Eunhyuk ruffled her hair.

The Next Day...

"Yonghwa Ssi. This is the village that has the diamond fog spring..." Minhyuk told Yonghwa as he took out his files and followed behind Yonghwa.

Minhyuk is Yonghwa's photography assistant.

"ahhhh... Where's the spring?" Yonghwa asked.

"sss...." Minhyuk took a deep breathe.. "I don't know either."

"YA!" Yonghwa fumed, "I'll give you an hour to search for it. go now." Yonghwa demanded as Minhyuk looked at him puzzedly.

"I... How can i find it in an hour?" Minhyuk stuttered.

"KA!" Yonghwa shouted, "You should have checked it before leading me here."

"Arayo" Minhyuk sprinted off to look for the spring.

Yonghwa walked towards the market and shopped around, nibbing snacks from the foodstalls.

"We sell the best Kimchii here! Promotion Promotion!" a girl shouted as she was busy shoving Kimchii to people passing by.

Yonghwa walked towards her and got a shock.

"Ah. Country bumpkin?" Yonghwa mumbled.

Bora acted blur and offered him kimchii, "Would you like some Kimchii sir? It taste SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!"

'oh no! It's that guy. Can't let him know Eunhyuk oppa and I are here. What if he sued us.. HAISH!' Bora thought to herself frantically.

"Ah?" Yonghwa was shoved a piece of Kimchii into his mouth as Bora continued "Massiso? Get some! I'll selling it very cheap now!"

"Ah. I don't have cash now." Yonghwa replied and Bora looked at him blankly.

Suddenly, it started drizzling.

"HAISH!" Yonghwa quickly ran to a shelter nearby and saw Bora covering her kimchii in the rain.

"Ah! Get some kimchii! Sir Sir! This kimchii is good!" Bora continued selling as people ignored her.

Suddenly, it started pouring and Bora started packing her Kimchii.

Yonghwa winced at the sight and looked at his watch. 'That stupid guy! It's already one hour and he's still not back!' Yonghwa thought.

Bora then quickly run into the shelter with her basket of kimchii. She smiled at Yonghwa and squeezed in beside him as Yonghwa whined in dismay.

"Sir. This Kimchii is reaaaaaally good! Please get some before you leave here okay?" Bora promoted.

"JjinJa..Tsk.." Yonghwa mumbled and Bora smiled widely at him.

They both hid under the shelter for a few hours, looking at the rain and it's already 7pm.

"HAISH! Where the hell is Minhyuk?!" Yonghwa cursed and took out his phone.

*BLANK* his phone went flat.

"." Yonghwa sweared at looked at Bora.

"Can i borrow your phone?" Yonghwa asked.

"Eh... I don't..." Bora stuttered.

"I'll pay you the fees of calling, just lend me. I need it!" Yonghwa replied impatiently.

"I would if I have one.. But I don't." Bora mumbled.

"WAE?! You don't have a handphone?" Yonghwa raised his eyebrows.

"Deh. We don't need it here. And a handphone is too expensive..." Bora looked down at her feet.

"Araso. Anyway, how do I head back to town? Is there Taxi?" Yonghwa asked.

"Taxi? What's that? You can take the train at the train station.." Bora replied.

"Wah. Which generation do you all live in? Ara. Where is the train station?" Yonghwa asked again.

"Just walk there, it's around 30minutes walk.." Bora replied.

"WAE?! So far?" Yonghwa exclaimed.

"Deh! Oh! But the last train is already gone. Ah! Thats my last bus!" Bora quickly ran forward and board the bus.

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Yonghwa followed behind and boarded the bus too.

"What do you mean by the last train?!" Yonghwa panted.

"Don't worry.. Just have to wait till 9am tmr. The train will resume" Bora answered while making herself comfortable on the bus seat.

"WAE?! Where am I going to stay?!" Yonghwa exclaimed and Bora blinked at him blankly.

"Do you know if there's any hotel or resort here?" Yonghwa asked.

"Erm." Bora went into deep thoughts and suddenly beamed up, "DEH!".

"thank god. Bring me there." Yonghwa said as he sat down beside Bora.

=END=