20 ∞

Wings ∞

Hihi! Chapter 20 is here!

//brb screaming my off at gif


Where is that little er!!

The pills. Those damn pills! Not Taemin.

Ok. Scratch that. Both.

Last night, Minho had had a dream involving the maknae. They were walking the streets of Seoul, looking for IU’s lost cake tupperware when suddenly, the scene flashed to a small dark room. There was mold growing on the walls and buckets and mops scattered everywhere. Taemin was asking where Toshio was when a mysterious man wearing nothing but his jeans showed up. Although it was almost completely dark, Minho could still see the shadow of his smile as he pounced Taemin from behind, Minho screaming all the while, merely watching….

Which made Minho remind him eerily of the incident with Taemin, which also reminded him of the message on Taemin’s tummy.

He clearly remembered dressing a shivering Taemin on that rainy night, softly the still-scented message below his belly button. Minho remembered how Taemin had flinched violently at his cold fingers…

He glumly picked up the thrown blankets and threw them back on the bed.

Ok. So they aren’t hiding under the sheets.

He threw the closet door open before clutching at his forehead in pain and grasped violently onto the door frame. He was having a migraine. Minho winced as he felt another wave surge through his brain.

He needed those pills. Fast.

And where had Taemin run off to? Minho decided he was crying in a closet somewhere, again. But he doubted that. That boy was never good with dark rooms.

Had he been that harsh?

No. Minho knew well enough that what he did was for Taemin’s sake. Minho had to know. The penned message burned through his mind again. “Next time. You’re mine. CS”

And then he heard Taemin’s screams ring once again in his mind. Hearing it again, it was as if the teenager was there before him, glaring at him with annoyance in his eyes.

“You can’t babysit me forever.”

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

And where is IU with my food?

“Aish. Too many damn mysteries!” He tsked and shook his head, rummaging through Jonghyun’s hair products.

~~~

Jonghyun stumbled into the doorway, flipping his wet hair everywhere.

Ok. So that didn’t really work out.

He had ditched Se Kyung at her house and ran back home through the pouring rain, for they had taken her car there.

The house was in complete darkness, eerily strange for 9 o’clock at night for the SHINee household.

“KEY?” he called out into the darkness. Why isn’t he running up to greet me?

He flicked open the light in annoyance and looked around. The scene greeting him was overwhelming.

“Those idiots had a party!? WITHOUT ME?!?!” He gazed madly at the scattered rainbow colored confetti that littered the couches and carpet. Several pieces of torn tissue paper were stacked in a messy pile on the floor. There was what looked like strings of frosting hanging from the lamps–silly string?!

The glass table was smeared with pink frosting. Even the limp paper plates burdened with cake crumbs laid sadly on their paper plates, waiting to be thrown out. There were bottles of beer everywhere he looked.

Jonghyun walked closer and noticed one uneaten piece of glorious cake, gleaming hot pink under the dim lighting. It beckoned him to come closer, like a actress backstage.

His stomach growled.

Score!

He jogged over to the picture-perfect piece of cake and picked it up carefully, smiling happily.

“They won’t mind.” He picked up a plastic fork. “Pft. They BETTER not mind.” He dug greedily into the strawberry-chocolate cake and shoved a huge piece into his dino-mouth.

“Mmm—?” He slowed his mastication, feeling around the chewed pieces with his tongue carefully.

Oh god.

He gagged and ran to the nearest sink, spitting everything in his mouth into the silver basin. Rinsing his mouth, he looked closer at the piece of cake.

Using his fork, he poked around the slice, finally noticing it laden beneath a bunch of strawberries. It was—

“Wasabi.” He cringed and threw it furiously into the garbage bin.

What kind of bakery is this? Why would those idiots shop there?

Jonghyun started to the rooms to find his missing friends, when he stepped in something squishy and gum-like. He stopped and rose his foot to see what the obstacle was. He frowned and pulled a pink balloon from the sole of his shoe.

Didn’t even blow it,” he scowled at the party-goers as he made aim for the trash can when he stopped and looked at it again for the second time.

Oh god.

He squeaked and threw it on the ground, feeling tingly and hot with embarrassment all over.

“YAH!” he cried, disturbing the still night air. “WHOSE IS THIS? WHO HAS BEEN RUMMAGING IN MY SECRET BOX!?”

Suddenly, the door flew open, revealing a sleepy Onew. “Ah! I knew it was you! Why are you screaming?” he yawned; his eyes became slits due to the bright light.

Jonghyun squeaked for the second time before recognizing the eldest member and slapped a hand over his back. “Onew-hyung! When did you get here?”

“A few hours ago. Yuqi is here too. She’s asleep though.” He glanced adoringly back into the dark room. “We wanted to make it for the party.”

Of course. The party I wasn’t invited to. The nerve! Mentioning it in front of my face like that!

“Why so sudden? We weren’t expecting you,” Jonghyun snarled. He said it as if to say “we did not want to expect you.”

“Yah. You don’t even sound happy to see me! I should just go back to China then, since no one respects me!”

“Huh? Of course we do! Now we can finally go on with promoting our album as a full team.”

Onew rolled his eyes and made a move to close the door again.

“I was only joking, hyung!” Jonghyun embraced him in a quick hug, biding for forgiveness.  

Onew chuckled, remembering Jonghyun’s huge ego. “So what were you screaming about? You almost woke up Seoul.”He ruffled his caramel hair, longing to go back into bed with Yuqi.

“Oh, of course!” He exclaimed, realization hitting him like a speeding train. “I don’t own pink. So this must be yours then, Onew.” Jonghyun quickly picked up the limp and handed it back to a perplexed Onew.

“Uhm, no…” he managed to mumble through his confusion. “I—I really don’t t—think this is mine…” He racked his brain back an hour or so ago, and nodded with confidence. “Yup. Definitely not,” he confirmed.

“Oh.”Well this is embarrassing. If not Onew, then who…? “I’ll just throw this away. I’m sure they wouldn’t want it after its been on the floor.” Jonghyun awkwardly turned to leave but Onew caught him by the wrist.

“Why would you do that? Its bubble gum flavored!”

“Wh—how would you know that? I thought you said this wasn’t yours!”

“I just remembered. Ah, it’s his present! Go return it to him.”

“Who? What? Ew! You don’t know where it has been!”

“Just make sure you give it back to him. He’d really appreciate it.”

Before Jonghyun could further protest, Onew closed the door with a slam.

Well he’s helpful! And EWWW. Who would appreciate this? I’m not giving this to someone. What would that suggest?!?!

He went against his raging thoughts as he quickly pocketed the rubbery object, looking around guilty as if someone was watching him.

~~~

Jonghyun has Mr. Glovey!

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!?!