When They Join the Military

MBLAQ Scenarios

requested by anon (tumblr)

Seungho:

You stood next to Seungho in front of your house, waiting for a car to come pick him up. He stood calm beside you, but you could tell he was nervous. A thin sheen of sweat appeared on the back of his neck, and he kept fidgeting.

“Seungho. Stop trying to act calm. It’s making me nervous.”

He let out a huge sigh. “Oh than God. I was about to explode.”

You rubbed his back in small circles in an attempt to comfort him. “I know you’re nervous, oppa, but I know you’ll be okay.”

“Thanks,” he replied, smiling softly. “I didn’t want to freak out and then have you freak out too.”

“I’ll be fine. Go out there and serve your country well, Yang Chopin!”

“…did the guys tell you to call me that?”

“Maybe.”

G.O:

“Okay jagi. Remember everything?”

You rolled your eyes. “Eat every day, don’t let Joon flirt with me, and never ever use the laptop with the pigeon sticker on it.”

Byunghee smiled. “You’ve got it all down. You’ll be fine without me.” He patted you on the back lovingly.

“No I won’t. I’ll probably forget everything and then everything will get destroyed and then you won’t have a home to come back to!”

He sighed. “No you won’t. You’re not capable of that much destruction!”

You pouted. “I’ll probably end up destroying your pigeon laptop too.”

His eyes widened in horror. “Jagi. You can destroy the kitchen. You can let Joon flirt with you. But you can’t destroy the laptop!”

You gave him an impish smirk. “You pabo. I already deleted everything on there last night. I’m not that oblivious.”

Before he got the chance to completely explode, he had to get in the car and leave.

Joon:

“Do you have everything? Uniform, underwear…”

Joon nodded, patting your head comfortingly. “Yes, yes. I have everything. You can stop fretting, jagiya.”

“I can’t! I can’t! Knowing you’re going to be away from me for so long…” You started to tear up, and you threw your arms around your boyfriend.

“You shudn’ do that,” he mumbled, your hair and pulling you close to him. “Stop crying.”

“Your English , Joon,” you muttered, squeezing him tighter. “And you having a buzz cut again… it really takes me back.”

He laughed. “Don’t worry. I’ll be back before you know it. And I’ll have better abs!”

You rolled your eyes. “Sure, sure.”

“I will! Rain-hyung got better abs! So I will too!”

Cheondoong:

Cheondoong paced back and forth, fretting while he waited.

“Doongie… stop panicking. You’ll be fine.”

He stopped pacing and looked at you, eyes wild. “How can you possibly be so calm about this?”

“Because you’re overthinking things again.” You rolled your eyes. “You’re not going to die, you’ll be okay.”

Cheondoong stopped pacing and shot you an incredulous look. “You think I’m worried about dying?”

It was your turn to be confused now. “What on earth would you be worried about?”

He sighed, then ran off to the other room, mumbling something you didn’t quite catch. You sat down on a pillow, legs crossed as you waited for him to return.

“Dadoong, jagiya. Dadoong. Poor baby’s gonna have to be without me for two years…” He held out the cat in front of him and pouted.

“Yah! You’re worried about your cat not seeing you? What about me???”

“I’ll miss you too, baby.” He smiled and hugged you. “Of course you’re more important than the cat.”

Mir:

“YOU WHAT???”

“I had to enlist in the military, jagi. You know it’s mandatory. I don’t like it any more than you do, but I have to.”

“Why didn’t you tell me until now? You’re supposed to tell me these things, Mir.” Your eyes filled with tears as you spoke. You knew it was coming. But you truly hadn’t expected the day to come so soon. It seemed like just yesterday that he was a bungling little farmboy that you hung out with after school, but he was a grown man now, despite his childish tendencies.

“I’m sorry, so sorry… I kept putting it off because I didn’t know how to tell you, then I look at the date and I’m supposed to leave next week. I wish the time didn’t have to fly so quickly, but it’s here now, and there’s nothing I can do.”

You ran a hand through his brown hair and touched your forehead to his. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too. But I’ll always be here.” Mir pointed at your chest.

“You’re gonna be in my ?” you asked, sarcastically. Of course you knew what he meant.

“AIIIIIIISH!!!! DON’T TRY AND TURN ME INTO A ERT! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT!”