Yongguk - I Don't Hate You

B.A.P Scenarios

other notes: happy birthday zelo baby <3

requested by anon

"I know that it ain't easy

For the two of us

But I got no choice..."

The syllables rolled smoothly off your tongue as you held the microphone up to your mouth, rapping the beginning of B.A.P's song, Secret Love. You were a trainee at TS Entertainment, so they occasionally had you practice by singing your sunbae's songs.

"Pretty good," your teacher said once you'd finished. "It has a very nice flow to it, very natural. You're a very good rapper."

"Thank you," you replied, bowing slightly. "I will continue to train hard."

"Actually..."

You and the teacher turned around and saw someone walk into the room.

"I think it could use a little more feeling to it, more desperate. You're supposed to be lamenting."

"Ah, Yongguk-shi. It's nice to see you here," the teacher said. "Thank you for offering to give advice about your song."

"It's no problem," he replied. "If I don't help the trainees out, they'll never improve."

You scowled. How dare he just come in and start treating you like you weren't any good?

"You're welcome to come in here any time, Yongguk-shi," the teacher said, completely oblivious to the imaginary flames that had spontaneously erupted behind you.

"Thank you, seongsaengnim, but I should be going now."

You glared at Yongguk's back as he walked out of the room, hoping that he'd spontaneously burst into flames.

But if he spontaneously burst into flames, there would be a huge problem for the company, and the fans would go ballistic.

So for now, you would have to settle for glaring at his back.

"Is everything alright?" the teacher asked, looking at you with a slightly concerned expression.

"I'm feeling a little... irked. Is it alright if I take the rest of the time off?"

He nodded. "Alright then, I think you've done enough for today."

You bowed before leaving, immediately heading to your usual de-stress place—the gym.

~*~*~*~*~

After stretching a little bit, you got up on the treadmill, put your earbuds in, and pressed the start button.

Running always helped you take your mind off of things, especially when you were pissed off. Lately, though, you found yourself running more and more, especially after you saw Yongguk.

Stupid Yongguk... you thought, pressing the button to increase the speed.

You didn't really hate Yongguk, but sometimes you thought it would be easier if you did.

Anything would be easier than having a crush on that idiot.

You sighed to yourself, slamming down on the button again. You couldn't have a crush on Yongguk, anyways. He was an idol, and a rookie one at that, so he couldn't date anyone anyways. Besides, the guy probably hated you. What with all his snide comments and all...

Too caught up in your thoughts, you didn't even notice that you'd misstepped, causing you to fall with a crash. The treadmill, completely oblivious to your fall (of course), kept on going, the rubber track rubbing at your skin.

All of a sudden, the treadmill stopped, and you felt yourself being lifted up into the air. Instinctively, you began to thrash around, wincing when you tried to move your ankle.

"Stop moving. You might have twisted it or something," a familiar, deep voice chastised.

"Yongguk-sunbaenim?" you grumbled. "What are you doing?"

"I saw you fall. So I'm taking you to the infirmary." He shrugged, and your body bounced a little with the movement.

"You don't need to. I can get there by myself."

He raised an eyebrow. "Really, now?"

You ignored his question, sighing. "You hate me, anyways, why are you doing this?"

"Hate you?" His voice seemed to be genuinely surprised. "I don't hate you."

You rolled your eyes. "Sure you don't. How do you explain all your snide remarks and overall hostility then, huh?"

He was silent, and you scowled. Surely you'd got him there.

"Because I don't know what else to say to you."

You'd reached the infirmary by now, and Yongguk kicked the door a little, since both of his arms were occupied. A woman opened the door and took one look at your ankle before ushering you and Yongguk inside.

"Set her on the bed over there," she said while she got the medical kit. "What happened?"

"Fell on the treadmill," Yongguk replied.

"I can speak for myself," you grumbled while the nurse looked at your ankle.

"It's twisted, but not broken. I'll wrap it and get some ice."

"Alright, thank you."

Yongguk stayed in the room, while the nurse wrapped your ankle in bandages, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. When she finished, she told Yongguk something that you couldn't quite catch, then gave you a bag of ice.

"Stay here for a while and make sure you keep your foot elevated. Try to keep off your feet as much as you can."

You nodded, and she left you alone, heading to a small office adjacent to the infirmary.

Once she was gone, you turned to glare at Yongguk. "Yah, why are you still here?"

"I'm supposed to take care of you; did you think you could walk on that?"

You ignored him, placing the bag of ice on your ankle, wincing as you did so.

"I have a question," you said, "what did I ever do to make you hate me so much?"

"Like I said, I don't hate you."

"Then why are you always such an to me?"

"Because I like you."

"What?" You stared at him, utterly bewildered. "That is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard."

"But I do." He shrugged. "I'm guessing you don't, though..."

You shook your head instinctively. "No, no, I don't."

"Really?"

"Crap." You facepalmed. "You're not supposed to know that."

"So... do you like me or not?" he asked. "I'm confused here."

"Okay, I like you. Happy?"

"Yes."

"Does that mean you're gonna stop making fun of me now?"

"Maybe."

"Yongguk..."

"Fine, fine!" He raised his hands in surrender. "Maybe only sometimes!"