2.

Jealousy ---HIATUS--- :P

2.

JULY 2009

 

A week later, Big Bang was on their way back to Korea from Japan. They had had a successful concert, with lots and lots of VIPs to cheer them on. It was tiring but a whole lot of fun. 

 

Jiyong was on his phone, checking Kiko's website like he usually does when he was bored. He scrolled and scrolled but abruptly stopped at a picture that made him feel instantly curious. Kiko was hugging a guy, a friend or a business associate it seemed, but they looked way too close for his liking. He was about to call Kiko but Daesung had told him that it was time to board the plane. Even though he was able to access wifi on the plane, he just couldn't be bothered to ask Kiko who that guy was. Plus, she was probably busy, or it could be a friend most liking so he didn't have anything to worry about. That and he just didn't really care about it all that much, which was strange if any other person saw how he reacted but he didn't think so a boyfriend should constantly be jealous or suspicious of anyone his girlfriend hangs around with. He thought he was the type not to get jealous over petty things so he just left it. 

 

He was about to sleep when he got a message on Kakao Talk. 

 

D: Ji! You're arriving later on today right? What time shall I be in the studio? :) 

 

Jiyong smiled when he read the message. She had remembered that they needed to record for his album even though they hadn't talked since the time where he had informed her that she would be featuring in his solo album. 

 

GD: Plane is gonna land at 2pm, so be around the studio at around 5pm cz I wanna go home first before we start to record. 

D: Oh, I might be a little bit late cz of dance practise though but I'll definitely be there around 5. 

GD: Ah, right, well anytime you can make it is cool. 

D: Mhmm. 

D: I'll leave you to sleep then. 

GD: Nah. 

GD: Don't. 

GD: I'm not tired. 

D: I don't want to keep you awake. Remember, we got recording later on! You have to be in full mode!!

GD: Haha, yh I know but still...

D: Still what???

GD: Just talk...

D: *sigh*

D: I wish I could but I can't. 

GD: Why? 

D: I'm gonna go see my little brother for a while and then head back to dance practise etc. 

GD: Sanghyun? What for? 

D: I haven't seen him in ages!! 

D: And I want to know how he's doing in MBLAQ. 

GD: The group looks pretty good btw. Can't wait till they debut. 

D: Yeah, ikr!! So proud ^^~ 

D: Anyway, see ya when you get back here, ok??

GD: Ok x

D: ^^ x 

 

With that Jiyong drifted off to sleep, what he didn't notice was Taeyang, who was sitting beside him, peeking at their text messages. He smiled to himself and thought: 'Jheez, I thought he was over her' and drifted to sleep as well. 

 

* *

 

It was now 5:10pm and Jiyong was waiting at the studio for Dara to arrive. He was with Taeyang since he was working on a couple of lyrics for their next album, Jiyong didn't exactly know why he couldn't use his own studio but he didn't question it. 

 

There was a small knock on the door and a head popped up. 

 

"Am I allowed to come in?" Dara asked, still not fully inside the studio as only her head was visible from the door. 

 

Jiyong stood up quickly and smiled at her. "Yup, come in." 

 

Taeyang stopped his work and focused on the two. The reason why he didn't want to work at his own studio was to see how Jiyong acted towards Dara. To be honest, he knew that Jiyong had probably liked Dara but he never admitted to it since he had a rule about not getting involved with anyone in YG and since Dara was in YG, Taeyang guessed that he just left it. 

 

He looked at the two sitting next to each other by the couch, reading the lyrics sheet and going over Dara's lines. He noticed how Jiyong's hands were at the back of Dara, not touching her but was placed on the couch, their shoulders touching and he was leaning towards her as he sang bits of the lyrics. This was unlike him, if it was with Bom or CL, he'd just give them the sheet and tell them which lines are theirs and get it over with so why did it seem so different for Dara? 

 

Dara stood up all of a sudden and headed towards the recording booth. Taeyang must've been thinking too much Jiyong's actions that he didn't notice their discussion finished and now it was time to record. 

 

Dara started singing her lines and Jiyong praised her throughout, encouraging her that she was doing a great job. It didn't take a long time for the two to finish since Jiyong said everything was perfect. 

 

Once out of the record booth, Dara went through her bag in search for her phone. Once she got it, she saw she had a text message, looked through it, smiled, and quickly replied back. 

 

This didn't go unnoticed by Jiyong and Taeyang, but Jiyong was the one to speak while Taeyang just left it as he thought it wasn't his business but he was quite intrigued that Jiyong began questioning her on the spot. 

 

"Who did you text?" asked Jiyong. 

 

Dara looked up from her phone. "Hm?"

 

"Who did you just text? You were smiley? Who was it?"

 

"No one."

 

"Liar. It's obviously someone."

 

"Why should I tell you? Is it your business, Ji?"

 

Jiyong paused for a moment. Yes, why was he so curious? Who exactly was he to question her like this? And why did he feel just a little bit frustrated with whoever that person that made her smile. 

 

"No, it isn't. Just wondering."

 

"There's nothing to wonder about, alright?" Dara smiles up at him but looked quickly away when she noticed she had gotten another text message. 

 

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows as she was completely ignoring him now. She was just on her phone, texting away while Jiyong was left to wonder who this mystery person was. That's when he decided to text Seungri. Seungri and Dara are pretty close, maybe closer than he was with Dara which made him a little envious since it made him think when he had drifted away from Dara. 

 

GD: Seungri, you know Dara? Um, is there something I should know about? 

 

Seungri texted back straight away. 

 

S: Something you should know about Dara noona? Like what? 

GD: Um, I was wondering if you know who she's been texting recently.

S: Texting? Well, I was texting her a while ago. She's gonna appear on Strong Heart so she wanted tips and I was giving her some. Why? 

 

Jiyong felt a little bit stupid for over thinking the situation. He had thought that maybe Dara found a guy she likes and they were dating. But then again, why should he care about Dara's relationship status? Sure, she wasn't allowed to date but no one really ever follows the rules. He surely didn't when YG hyung told them not to date when they debuted. 

 

Another text from Seungri came. 

 

S: Or it could Wooyoung. 

 

Jiyong's mouth opened slightly. Wooyoung? From 2PM? Why was he talking to her and since when did they know each other? Questions kept popping up in Jiyong's head wondering how the two got acquainted and why did he feel something weird and unknown in him. He just couldn't point out what he should feel. 

 

GD: Wooyoung? 2PM? How do they know each other? 

S: They're promoting at the same time. Oh, and I heard he's a really big fan of hers already. Isn't that good??? Dara noona likes younger men who are tough and Wooyoung is a young guy who is known from being a beastly idol. They'd suit. 

 

Jiyong frowned and Dara noticed. 

 

"Ji, what's wrong?"

 

He looked up at her with serious eyes. "Made any new idol friends lately while promoting?"

 

Dara was a little stunned by the question. "What?"

 

"Well, have you? You meet a whole bunch of idols every week. So, have you?" 

 

"Um, a few..."

 

"Like?"

 

"Like, I don't know. I greet everyone. But I've not exactly made any proper friends yet."

 

"Really?"

 

"Mhmm. Why?"

 

"You haven't given your number to anyone?"

 

"Huh? What?"

 

"Have you given your number to anyone?" 

 

Dara looked at Jiyong like he was crazy, and so did Taeyang. They didn't know what made Jiyong act this way, they didn't know how Jiyong was acting at all but Taeyang had a slight clue. 

 

"Well, one of the 2PM members on the third time we met."

 

"You met up with him???"

 

"No, like, we always bump into each other in the halls and end up talking and on the third time we met, he asked for my number and well, I gave it to him."

 

"You... You gave him your number?!" Jiyong stood up from his chair, looking down at Dara who was sitting on the couch. 

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

"Why? Why? You're asking me why?" Jiyong's tone was slightly more raised than normal. 

 

"Yes, I'm asking why. Was it wrong to give him my number?"

 

"Was it wrong?" Jiyong chuckled slightly, looked at Taeyang as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing and then back at Dara. "You're asking me if it's wrong."

 

"I believe I did." Dara was getting slightly agitated at how Jiyong was acting. What the hell was wrong with him, that's what she kept asking herself at this moment. 

 

"Ji, stop it." interrupted Taeyang as he believed it was getting a little out of hand now. "Dara can be friends with whoever she wants."

 

"Friends pfft." Jiyong snorted. 

 

Dara rolled her eyes. "Just because I give my phone number to a guy, doesn't mean I'm going to start dating them." 

 

"I heard he's a fan of yours." 

 

"So what? I'm a fan of different idols so I think it's safe to say that idols can be fan of different idols." 

 

Jiyong bit his lips, as if contemplating on what he can say next but Taeyang interrupted once again. 

 

"Dara, recording is done now. You can go."

 

"Gladly." she said as she grabbed her bag and walked out without saying another word. 

 

Jiyong sighed as he settled back into his seat. 

 

"What the hell was that about, Jiyong?!" Taeyang questioned. "You seriously know how to piss Dara off and that's not very easy to do." 

 

"Whatever." Jiyong said as he went back to look at the Mac to hear the recordings from today and edit them. 

 

* * 

 

Dara went back to her dorm, frustrated at how stupid Jiyong was being. She seriously did nothing wrong so she had no idea what made him act that way. 

 

She got ready to go to bed as it was already 10pm by the time she got home and settled herself in, taking her phone out to check for any text messages that had been sent to her while she was in the bathroom getting ready. 

 

There was one text message. 

 

GD: Sorry... 

 

Dara smiled but still felt slightly irritated with his behaviour. 

 

D: Why was you acting like that? 

GD: I don't know. 

D: Ok then...

GD: Are you busy? 

D: What? Now? 

GD: Yh. 

D: I just got ready to go to bed. 

GD: I'll go over there to your dorm. Come meet me in 10 minutes. 

D: Why? 

GD: I just need to talk to someone right now. 

D: Um, okay, but don't laugh at how I look alright? 

GD: Ok. 

GD: I promise. 

GD: Come out now. 

 

Dara got out of her bed, CL was in the kitchen when she walked pass. 

 

"Where are you going?" CL asked. 

 

"Just gonna go meet Jiyong outside. We got in a bit of an argument so he wanted to apologise and talk about something." Dara said as she put on her shoes. 

 

CL raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Alright, don't be out too late. We have a music show to go to tomorrow."

 

"I know." 

 

* * 

 

They sat at the staircase of Dara's apartment building. They've been sitting there for about 10 minutes now and have not said a word to each other after they said hello. 

 

Dara was fiddling with her fingers while looking at her feet. She felt, she didn't exactly know but she wasn't uncomfortable, she was content with the atmosphere. Jiyong was also looking at his feet but finally looked up at Dara, noticing her apple ponytail that CL always did for her and that she was wearing pyjamas. Jiyong smiled, a little chuckle coming out of his lips. 

 

Dara narrowed her eyes at him. "You said you wouldn't laugh." 

 

"I wasn't laughing."

 

"You did." she pouted and Jiyong laughed. It was a charming laugh, a laugh that was sort of like music to Dara's ears but she shook that thought out of her head. 

 

"I like it when your hair is like that." 

 

"Hm?" 

 

"It's cute."

 

"Uhm, thanks."

 

"Apple ponytail, right?"

 

"Mhmm, that's what people call it."

 

"Apple... Apple..." Jiyong was lost in his own thoughts for a moment until Dara pulled him straight out. 

 

"What did you want to talk about?" 

 

"Hm?" he had nearly forgotten that he needed to just talk to someone about his fight with Kiko but all his sadness and anger went away the moment he saw Dara come out of her apartment door. He didn't know why she was able to calm him down quickly while it took ages for Seungri to talk to him and calm him just a bit. 

 

"You said you want to talk." 

 

"Oh. Right. Umm..."

 

Dara looked into his distracted eyes. Something was definitely bothering him and she wanted to know what it was so she could help. She grabbed one of his hands and gripped on it lightly.

 

"I know we had a little misunderstanding before but lets put that behind us, okay?" Jiyong nodded. "Now tell me what's wrong so I can help you." 

 

Jiyong's eyes softened up and he slouched a little as he let out a sigh. 

 

"I had an argument with Kiko."

 

Dara gave a sympathetic look. "About?" 

 

"After you left, she called and I was a little mad so I guess I took it out on her."

 

"What did you say?"

 

"Well, we were just talking and all of a sudden I bought up some dude she took a picture with that I saw on her website and started accusing her of things, you know? I don't exactly know what was coming out of my own mouth. That picture never really bothered me. I didn't think about it but it's like I wanted to start an argument so I bought it up." 

 

Jiyong wasn't really making any sense to Dara but she was still listening. 

 

"Ji, maybe you did care about it and with the anger that you felt after our little conflict, it lit up your concern over the matter with Kiko. Kiko would never cheat on you. She loves you. Don't think silly things like that. You love her and she loves you. And you two are together. That's all that matters. It's hard having a long distance relationship but you guys have pulled it off for nearly a year now so you're strong and will let this little argument pass." Dara squeezed his hand a little. "Text her saying sorry and then call her tonight, ok?" 

 

Jiyong smiled up at her. "Okay." 

 

"Alright," Dara let go of Jiyong's hand and stood up from the step she was sitting on. Jiyong felt a loss of warmth when Dara let go of his hand. "Go home now. I gotta get some sleep cz me and the girls have a schedule tomorrow."

 

"Alright. Thanks for coming out, Sandara." Jiyong stood up from the step as well. "I really appreciate it." 

 

Dara hugged him spontaneously. They have been friends for a long time but they weren't exactly friends that hugged so this was quite new to Jiyong. 

 

"Everything's going to be okay." she soothed him as she hugged him tightly. 

 

She was about to let go when suddenly she felt arms snake around her waist. "Thank you. You always know the right things to say." he said. 

 

They let go of each other. Dara went towards her door and looked back at him, waving. Jiyong finally moved from his standing position when Dara closed the door behind her. 

 

His heart was beating slightly at a quicker pace than normal but Jiyong didn't think anything of it. 

 

While Dara was so tired that once she got to bed, she fell asleep immediately as she hugged her stuffed bunny.

 


 

 

A/N: Thank you so much to the people that have commented and subscribed to this fic, I'll try hard to update regurlarly! Before I said that this fic might not be over 5 chapters but now I'm not so sure since I started to get ideas on what else I can write for it. What do you guys think? I don't think this is such an interesting chapter, I rewrote it twice but I went with version 2 of it lol. Bleh, I type too much OTL