Field Trip (Wei Chen)

Love's In The Air (One-shot collection)

 

Title: Field Trip

Cast: Reader (18) and Wei Chen (19)

Minors: He Jie (18), Zheng Shuang (18), Zhu Zhi Xiao (18) and Yu Hao Ming (19)

 


 

”Okay class, before we end this class and end for today I would like to tell you a bit about our field trip next week!” The teacher announced and everyone, including you, where now listening excited to know where you where going. “We are going to Macau and will be staying at a forest, so we have to sleep in tents so you have to do groups of three and I don’t want groups with boys and girls!” She said eyeing the boys in the back, which groaned in disappointment.

“Why not?” One of them said and the others nodded.

“Because I said so! And what would your parents not think!” She answered back and the boys looked a bit annoyed. He Jie leaned over to you and smiled.

“Me, you and Zheng Shuang are going to share a tent right?” She whispered and you smiled and nodded. “Good I’ll say it to Zheng Shuang!” She leaned over to the other site and whispered the same, she had whispered to you, to Zheng Shuang. You looked over at Wei Chen, who was talking with Zhu Zhi Xiao and Yu Hao Ming. They where obviously also discussing about the tents.

~After school~

“Hey, let’s go get an ice cream at that café over there!” He Jie said as you three girls where walking home from school. You looked at Zheng Shuang who smiled and nodded and you went over to the café.

“What do you want? My treat this time!” You said and smiled.

“Really?” He Jie asked, just to get it confirmed. You nodded. “Your so sweet!” She hugged you. He Jie then looked at the different ice creams they had. “Hmm I want that one!” she finally decided and pointed at the chocolate flavoured ice.

“I’ll take strawberry flavoured.” Zheng Shuang said. You looked at the different flavoured and pointed at the banana ice.

“I’ll take this one.” You said and found your wallet. The guy behind the counter made your ice creams and you paid for them. You three then walked out to a table outside the café and sat down since you all thought it was too hot to be sitting inside.

“I can’t wait to the field trip!” He Jie said excited. Zheng Shuang nodded in agreement.

“What about you ____?” Zheng Shuang asked.

“I’ll think it’ll be fun!” You said and smiled. You then saw Wei Chen walking on the other side of the street and looked at him.

“_____?” Zheng Shuang asked but you didn’t respond. You where still looking after Wei Chen. “_____?” She tried again but still no response. He Jie got a bit annoyed by it.

“_____!?” She yelled, which made you look questioning at her. “What are you looking at?” She looked in the direction you had been staring in.

“Aw…Ehm… No-nothing…” You said nervously and blushed.

“Why are you blushing? Was it Wei Chen?” She asked and gave you a teasing look. You looked down on the table.

“N-No!” You said but she obviously didn’t believe you and laughed.

“He Jie, you shouldn’t tease ____ like that!” Zheng Shuang said. “There’s nothing wrong with her liking Wei Chen!” She said. You looked shocked at Zheng Shuang.

“I-I don’t l-like Wei-Wei Chen!” You stuttered and tried your best to sound convincing.

“____... You don’t have to lie.” He Jie said and smiled. “We’re not blind!” Zheng Shuang nodded in agreement.

“We’ve seen how you act when Wei Chen is near you… We know you like him!” Zheng Shuang smiled. You sighed. You couldn’t keep it from them since they already knew.

“Okay, okay! I admit it… I do like Wei Chen…” You said. “But don’t tell him or anyone else!” You added and eyed He Jie. You knew Zheng Shuang wouldn’t tell it but He Jie? There were some doubts since she was such a blabbermouth. He Jie played offended.

“Me? Tell him? Hey! I can keep a secret!” She said. You smiled.

“Then that’s good because I will punish you if you say it!” He Jie sighed and nodded in defeat.

“Yeah, yeah I wont say it, I promise!” You three then ate your ice creams and parted ways before going home.

~The next week; field trip day~

“Yay! Finally we’re going!” He Jie said as she jumped around. She was always so energetic.

“Hey He Jie! Relax a bit! Some of us are still sleepy you know!” Zhi Xiao said and yawned.

“Too bad! Haha it’s your own fault!” She stuck her tongue out at him and continued to jump around.

“Now class, gather around!” The teacher said and everyone walked over to her. “Is there someone missing today?” Everyone looked around.

“No, everyone is here.” Zheng Shuang answered.

“Okay that’s good!” The teacher said and smiled. “Then please give your luggage to the bus driver over there so he can load all the bags, and find a seat in the bus!” Everyone hurried over with their luggage and then into the bus finding seats. You relaxed a bit so you didn’t have to get squished by the others. You where the last one to get into the bus and there weren’t many seats left. In fact there was only one seat left. The seat beside Wei Chen! You walked over to him.

“Ehmm… Can I sit here?” You asked. He smiled.

“Sure!” You smiled and sat down beside him. You heart was now beating really fast. It soon slowed a bit down and you could relax a little. After an hour you felt your eyes close and you fell asleep. Your head landed on Wei Chen’s shoulder. He looked surprised at you and realised you where sleeping. He slightly blushed and smiled.

~Some seats away~

“Hey! Look at Wei Chen and ____!” He Jie whispered to Zheng Shuang, Zhi Xiao and Hao Ming. They all looked over at you and Wei Chen.

“How cute~” Zheng Shuang said.

“Haha Wei Chen is blushing!” Zhi Xiao said and laughed.

“Hey, does Wei Chen like ____?” He Jie couldn’t stop herself from asking. Hao Ming thought for a minute.

“I think so… Even though he hasn’t said anything but sometimes he talks about her even though we are talking about something else…” He answered. He Jie nodded and thought for a minute.

“I have an idea!” She almost yelled. They other shushed her before they looked questioning at her. She smiled and whispered something to them and the all nodded.

~At the camp~

“_____? Wake up, we’ve already arrived.” Wei Chen said and you slowly woke up. You soon realised you where leaning on Wei Chen and hurried to sit up straight while you were getting all red in the face.

“I’m sorry!” You said. Wei Chen smiled.

“It’s okay.” He said.

“Hey are you coming!” Zhi Xiao said and both you and Wei Chen nodded and hurried out of the bus and got your luggage.

“Students!” The teacher said and you all looked at her. “You will have some time now to set up your tents and explore a bit. Later you will have to meet here again, so we can get someone to find wood and someone to cook and then before we are going to sleep there will be a night race!” She said and smiled.

“Hehe just as I said!” He Jie whispered to Zheng Shuang and they walked over to you.

“Where should we put our tent?” You asked. He Jie pointed at some trees, which weren’t that far away.

“What about over there?” She asked and both you and Zheng Shuang agreed and you set up the tent. Soon after Zhi Xiao and Hao Ming came over with their tent.

“Where’s Wei Chen?” Zheng Shuang asked.

“He’s over there.” Hao Ming said and pointed at Wei Chen who where on his way over to them. They set up their tent beside you the girls tent.

~Some hours after dinner~

“Please come here now class!” The teacher said and everyone assembled around the campfire. “The night race will start now. The teams are the same as for the tents and I have a flashlight and a map per group. You have to find a big stone in the forest and there you will find out what you have to do!” The teacher explained and gave the things to the different groups. “I think that was that. Now, have fun and the race starts… Now!” All started running into the forest to find the stone first.

“I think we have to go this way.” You said and pointed at a little path. He Jie and Zheng Shuang nodded and you walked in the direction. “Eh? This three isn’t marked anywhere in the map…” You said as you looked at the big three, which where blocking your way. You looked at the map again. “Zheng Shuang can you see it?” No one answered. You looked around and couldn’t see He Jie or Zheng Shuang anywhere. “He Jie? Zheng Shuang?” You asked. There was no response so you tried shouting it but it didn’t help. “Great! I’m lost in this scary forest all alone!” You said as you turned in the direction you thought you had come from. But you soon found out that it wasn’t the right way. You heard some noises in one of the bushes and got scared. “ARRGGHHH!!!!” You shouted and walked backwards while closing you eyes.

“____?” You heard Wei Chen’s voice and relaxed a bit. You were in the middle of a step and lost your balance and landed on the ground.

“Ouch…” You said. Wei Chen came over and helped you up. “Thanks…”

“Your welcome, and I’m sorry I scared you… Just one question… What are you doing here alone?” He asked.

“I got away from He Jie and Zheng Shuang…” You answered. Wei Chen nodded understandingly.

“I see… Well… I also got away from Zhi Xiao and Hao Ming.” He said. Just then you felt a raindrop on your skin. You held out your hand and felt more raindrops.

“Don’t tell me it’s going to rain now!?” You said and looked up in the sky. Soon it was raining heavily. Wei Chen took your hand.

“This way! We have to find somewhere dry!” You blushed by his actions and followed him. Soon he found some trees and bushes where there was dry. You sat down all drenched wet and waited for the rain to stop. Soon you began freezing from the cold rain and sitting still. You started shaking and tried to warm yourself but it didn’t help. Suddenly you felt some arms around you. You looked surprised to the side. Wei Chen smiled. “You’re freezing! I’ll warm you.” He said. You blushed and smiled.

“Thanks.” You said. You already felt warmer. You were silent for some time. A bright light then came followed by a big thunderclap. You had always feared thunder and got scared.

“Argh!” You yelled in fear and closed your eyes. Wei Chen didn’t know what to do and just held you tighter.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m here! I’ll protect you!” He said to comfort you. You hesitated a bit before you nodded and slowly started relaxing some more.

“I’m glad I’m not alone… I don’t know what I would do if I was…” You whispered.

“I’m also glad I found you…” Wei Chen said. Suddenly you felt the tiredness coming over you and your eyes slowly closed and you fell asleep leaning onto Wei Chen. He also fell asleep soon after, still holding you.

~The next morning~

“_____!” He Jie shouted in the distance.

“Wei Chen!” Zhi Xiao could also be heard. You and Wei Chen slowly awakened and saw He Jie, Zheng Shuang, Zhi Xiao and Hao Ming running over to you. They looked relieved. Wei Chen realized that he was still holding you in his arms and you both blushed and looked embarrassed away from each other.

“_____! Wei Chen! Are you okay?” Zheng Shuang said and looked worried.

“Yeah, we got worried when it started raining!” He Jie said.

“We’re okay.” Wei Chen said. You both stood up.

“Wait! He Jie, are you saying you left me on purpose?” You said raising an eyebrow and eyeing her. She smiled nervous and didn’t know what to say.

“Well…” She started but didn’t know how to continue.

“It was her idea!” Zhi Xiao said and pointed at He Jie who looked angrily at Zhi Xiao.

“Hey! You are supposed to help me!” She yelled at him.

“Well, honestly we did this because we knew that you liked each other and He Jie came up with this idea to let you two realize your feelings for each other.” Hao Ming explained for He Jie. You and Wei Chen looked at each other and then looked away again while blushing. “And it helped!” He added and chuckled.

“Let’s head back now so you can get some dry clothes on!” Zheng Shuang said and you all started walking towards the camp. You and Wei Chen where walking behind the others still a bit embarrassed. Wei Chen then held your hand without looking at you. Your face got a more deep red colour. You couldn’t help but smiled. The others noticed and giggled. Their plan was successful!

 


 

THE END~



 

Here's a picture of Wei Chen for those who don't know him :D