Soothing Sehun

Caring For A Maknae

Key was at a complete and utter loss for words as he bent over Sehun’s trembling form. He couldn’t believe the maknae had been caught in the grips of the drug for so long. It had been at least 14 hours since the took the stupid thing! That was the longest it was supposed to last, so why was Sehun still freaking out? Luhan had the boys head in his lap, his hair softly with worry etched deep in his small, smooth face.

“Is he gonna be like this forever?” Luhan asked shakily. Key bit his lip and shrugged.

“I really...don’t know.” He admitted. Luhan looked like he was going to start crying at any minute, and Key really couldn’t blame him.

“Should we take him to the hospital?” Kai asked from the doorway. He was shaking horribly in Kris’s hold, but he had a firm grip on the M leader. Kris shook his head.

“That would get him in trouble.” Kris explained softly, and Kai looked angry.

“So what if he gets in trouble? I’d rather him be ok!” Kai said, and Kris sighed again. Luhan was staring at Kai with conflict clear on his face.

“If it turns out to be nothing his career will still be over.” Luhan explained. “He won’t be able to be with his friends, he won’t be able to work.”

“Luhannie...” Sehun whined, clawing slightly at the bed sheets. Luhan reached a comforting hand down, rubbing the maknae’s back like it was second nature.

“I’m right here.” Luhan said, and Sehun nodded slightly.

“C-can I go to sleep?” Sehun asked. Luhan swallowed hard.

“Are you tired?” Luhan asked, and Sehun shook his head.

“If I sleep then maybe the bad things will go away.” Sehun said. “Nothing sounds how it’s supposed to. Everything looks scary. I feel sick.”

“Hunnie, you haven’t eaten in a long time.” Luhan said softly, and Sehun shook his head.

“I can’t.” He said. “It’ll go through my stomach.”

“What do you mean?” Luhan asked.

“My stomach. It’ll make holes, and I’ll die.” Sehun said, his eyes opening from the intensity of his words. Luhan’s eyes widened.

“Y..you won’t...you won’t die, Sehun...” Luhan said, tears filling his eyes. “I won’t let you.”

Sehun stared at him for a long time, watching the tears sliding down the elders face. From what he had heard, Taemin, Tao, and Ren had all come out of it. They were all traumatized by the experience, but they were doing better than he was. In that moment though, there was nowhere else he wanted to be looking than at Luhan. Somehow, through all the things that scared him around the room - the sounds that weren’t quite right, the visuals that were just plain wrong - Luhan managed to maintain his beauty, and if anything, it seemed to be magnified.

“Luhan...” Sehun said softly, and Luhan sniffled.

“Yeah?” He asked. Sehun reached up, petting Luhan’s cheek softly.

“I love you.” He said, the words spilling from his mouth in English. Luhan smiled softly.

“I love you.” He repeated back.

“You look so pretty right now, even though you’re sad.” Sehun said. “Please don’t be sad anymore.”

“I’m not sad.” Luhan said softly. “I’m scared.”

“The monsters won’t hurt you.” Sehun said. “You’re too pretty.”

“Sehun?” Luhan said, looking like he was about to really lose it.

“They won’t hurt me, either. As long as you stay right here.” Sehun said. Luhan nodded, then moved so he was laying beside Sehun.

“You trust me, right?” Luhan asked, and Sehun nodded. He had barely taken the time to blink, being that he was so focused on Luhan’s face. “Then, if I tell you something, you’ll listen to me, right?”

“Of course.” Sehun said, looking completely dazed. Luhan glanced up at Key.

“There’s no holes in your stomach, Sehun.” Luhan said.

“But I feel them.” Sehun insisted, and Luhan shook his head.

“You only think you do.” He said, petting Sehun’s hair. “If you eat something, it’ll be ok.”

“No it won’t!” Sehun all but shouted. Luhan swallowed hard.

“Well, what if I eat it too?” Luhan asked. Sehun paused, thinking about it. “If it doesn’t go through my stomach, it won’t go through yours.”

“...will that work?” Sehun asked, his eyes wide. Luhan nodded.

“We’ll eat at the same time, ok?” Luhan said. Slowly, Sehun nodded. Key scurried out of the room to go get some food for the pair, not entirely sure what he should grab.

After bugging Suho, though, he returned to the room with some soft, warm bread and a few boxes of banana milk. Luhan slowly pulled Sehun up, and Key put the food on the bed nervously. Sehun looked at it with some mild confusion, before slowly picking up a piece of the bread and holding it to Luhan’s mouth.

The elder opened his mouth somewhat reluctantly, and Sehun stuffed the piece halfway into Luhan’s mouth, waiting for the other to close his mouth around it before leaning forward and biting the other side. Luhan couldn’t help but smile, rewarding Sehun with a small kiss when he finished eating the first bite.

“Does that feel better?” Luhan asked, and Sehun nodded after a moment.

“Can I kiss you again?” Sehun asked suddenly, surprising Luhan. He nodded, and a moment later he had the maknae in his lap, their lips pressed softly together.

He was surprised by how badly the maknae was shaking, and when the younger eventually did pull back Luhan’s lower lip was trembling. He tried to distract himself though, and reached for the banana milk. He popped the straw through and held it in front of Sehun’s mouth. After several long, tense seconds the maknae shook his head, refusing the liquid.

“Sehunnie...” Luhan said softly, and the younger looked at him with wide eyes.

“You said at the same time.” Sehun said, looking like he might lose it at any moment. Luhan’s eyes widened, and he scrambled to get the other container and quickly open that one as well.

“Ok, I’ve got one too. Ready?” Luhan asked, and Sehun nodded.

Luhan held up one finger, then two, and finally three, and they both began drinking at the same time. When they were done, Sehun curled up against Luhan again, and Key began to worry about the elder of the two. He didn’t seem to be coping with the situation very well, and Key knew from watching over Taemin what stress could do to a small body.

“You guys should lay down.” Key suggested softly. “You look pretty tired.”

Neither male commented, instead just doing as they were told. It wasn’t too long after that Sehun was asleep, and Luhan looked like he would follow at any moment. Key ushered Kai and Kris out of the room and into the living room where a fair amount of their 12-member group was still gathered. He pressed his fingers to his temples, looking more than a little stressed.

“Do any of you guys have a computer I can use?” He finally asked, looking up. Chanyeol got up quickly, heading to his room and grabbing his macbook. He handed it to Key without question, and the diva took a seat on the couch, quickly opening the internet icon and beginning his search.

Kris watched him searching for a few minutes, but eventually decided it might be best if he took Kai out of the situation. The boy was only a few months older than Sehun, and so they were pretty close. He started leading Kai out, and the younger seemed completely dazed as he did what Kris wanted. Once in the hall, though, he blurted out the one thing that scared him the most.

“Is Sehun going to die?” His voice was shaky, and when Kris looked down he could clearly see how affected by the whole thing he was.

“No.” Kris said firmly.

“Then what’s going to happen?” Kai asked.

“Key is going to find out what’s wrong with him. And then we’re going to take care of him until he gets better.” Kris said. Kai’s lower lip trembled.

“But...you have to go back to China in two days.” Kai said, and Kris stopped short. He had forgotten all about that. There was no way he could take Luhan and Sehun from each other. He looked down at Kai, and he nearly sighed. There was no way he could leave Kai alone.

“I’ll figure something out.” Kris said, shaking his head. Kai leaned on him silently, and they continued to the M dorm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: WOAH! 58 subscribers? Why do you all like this? It's something I'm doing on the side of my other stuff. Not much effort gone into this at all...but thank you. ;~;