Settling Sweet Sehun

Caring For A Maknae

Luhan was sitting on the floor in the living room, his back pressed against the side of the couch. He had gone over to Exo-K’s dorm because he preferred to be there when Sehun got home, and while they were all welcoming enough, he still just wanted his Sehunnie. He was a little annoyed that Tao got to go with him to the outing, but there wasn’t much he could do about it. Far from being the maknae, he was the second oldest out of the 12 members, only playing dongsaeng to Xiu.

If he was being honest with himself, sometimes he felt a little bad about dating someone so much younger - the ultimate Exo-Maknae at only 18 years old. Four years younger than the man he spent every night curled up with. The reality of it was, though, he loved Sehun, and would do anything for him. Including sit in the uncomfortable K dorm and wait for his boyfriend to come home.

He was beginning to think waiting in the hall would be a better plan (he was feeling really on edge with Sehun gone so long) when the door opened to reveal a shaken looking Sehun. Luhan was up in an instant, his arms wrapping around the younger before anyone else had a chance to realize there was something wrong.

“What’s the matter, Hunnie?” Luhan asked softly. Sehun didn’t respond, instead just letting his weight fall on his hyung in a way that was completely abnormal. By now, the rest of K was up and flocking around their maknae.

D.O tried to pry the youngest from Luhan, but he had a better chance of actually causing an earthquake than separating them. Luhan was suddenly finding himself wishing his power was real, at least, so he could get everyone to back off. He was too small to protect Sehun and make sure he was ok.

“Back up, guys. Give him some air.” Baekhyun finally said, and Suho looked ready to smack him.

“This isn’t the time for jokes.” He snapped, and Baekhyun cringed back into Chanyeol’s hold.

“I wasn’t trying to joke. We’re smothering him.” Baekhyun insisted, and Suho sighed, tugging D.O back.

“Sehunnie.” Luhan called out to him softly. The maknae sniffled, then whined, and Luhan had a bad feeling. Sehun cried a lot, but there was something different this time. And what was that strange smell on his clothes?

“Did something happen? Was there an accident?” Baekhyun suddenly asked, and when Sehun didn’t respond right away panic took over. Had something happened? Where were the other maknaes? Was everyone alright?

“A-aniyo...” Sehun finally managed to say. “M-Mir just...d-d-did something bad...”

His lisp was more obvious now, in his obvious state of upset, but they couldn’t make heads or tails of what it was that had upset him so badly. Luhan all but carried him to the couch, and Sehun curled up in a tight little ball, his head dropping onto Luhan’s chest, and ultimately scaring the absolute out of everyone, including himself. He jerked his head up again, but kept a tight grip on Luhan’s shirt.

“Fengmi? What did Mir do?” Luhan prodded, not even noticing his language slip. Sehun wobbled, then raised his gaze to Luhan. The elder looked worried, but Sehun looked terrified suddenly, and his eyes squeezed shut. “Sehun?!”

“Sh!!” Sehun shushed him, all the while pressing his head into Luhan’s chest. It was a little painful for the elder, but he knew something was wrong. Sehun never freaked out like this.

The maknae was mumbling to himself, occasionally twitching, and he kept his eyes squeezed firmly shut. Suho was pulling out his phone when Sehun suddenly stilled, and Luhan thought his heart was going to leap from his chest as the small boy went limp against him.

“Sehun...?” He called softly, trying to keep the fear from his voice. The maknaes only reaction was to let out a puff of air.

“Should we take him to the hospital?” Chanyeol finally asked. Suho looked shaky, and completely uncertain.

“A-ani. We don’t know what we’re dealing with.” Suho finally said, shaking his head.

“Isn’t that a reason we should take him?” Chanyeol pushed, but Luhan shook his head.

“He’s scared, not sick.” Luhan insisted. Sehun suddenly started moving again, never one to sit still for long, but he only moved himself further into Luhan’s lap. He pressed his damp face against Luhan’s neck, inhaling the familiar scent and settling down some.

“Mir did something bad.” He repeated suddenly, sounding a bit like a child tattling. “And he made us do it too.”

“What did Mir make you do?” Luhan asked. Sehun let out a whine, shaking his head, and silence fell for several minutes after that.

“He made Tao do it too!” Sehun suddenly announced. “We said no, and Taemin said no, and Ren was there too, and he said no too!”

“You all said no?” Luhan asked, and Sehun nodded.

“But he made us.” He said after a long pause. Luhan was beginning to wonder if Sehun even knew how long he was pausing before speaking.

“What did he do, Sehun?” Suho asked, and Sehun shook his head again.

“Something bad!” Sehun repeated, a little louder than his usual tone. Suho jumped in surprise, then pulled out his cell phone to call Seungho. If that little brat Mir thought he was going to get away with this, then he had better think again.

When Seungho answered, however, D.O ripped the phone out of his hand and started tearing into Seungho to find out what his maknae had done. Suho, usually as calm as D.O, was just as worked up as his boyfriend. Eventually, Seungho managed to get a word in, and let them know he was on the other line with Key, and he needed to actually talk to Mir to find out what he had done. D.O hung up, holding the phone out to Suho with an angry expression on his face.

“Text Onew.” D.O said, crossing his arms. “Find out how Taemin’s doing. I’m going to go check on Tao.”

“Have Kris bring him over here, if he can. Our dorm is a little bigger.” Suho said, opening his phone and sending out rapid fire texts to Onew and Baekho, being that the leader of NU’EST was probably out, and Baekho was probably watching Ren by himself.

Within seconds he got replies, then slumped onto the couch. Mir had done something to the maknaes, that much was certain. But how many other maknaes had been involved? And was this something that could even be fixed? Were the maknaes suffering some kind of trauma that made it hard for them to speak about what had happened? So far, according to Onew, the SHINee maknae, the Super Junior maknae, the NU’EST maknae, the maknae’s from 2 AM and 2 PM, the BtoB maknae, and even to JJ Project maknae were all claiming Mir had done something bad.

Suho was honestly a bit stumped. What could Mir have done to upset so many of his fellow maknaes? And why had he done it? And more than that...why would none of them just come out and say what the stupid kid had done? Suho really wanted to hit Mir at that moment, but the door opened to reveal Xiumin carrying a weepy Tao on his back, and the rest of their 12 member group trickling in after them. Suho knew he needed to stay and help Kris take care of their group.

It took almost a full minute for Sehun to open his eyes after Tao was settled onto the couch, his usual adorable aegyo filled self just seemed to vanish under the weight of whatever it was that had taken place during the outing. His eyes were shut tightly, and it was really starting to freak Suho out. What were they so afraid to see?

“T-Tao?” Sehun whispered, his eyes barely cracked open. The two maknaes squirmed until they were closer together, and Sehun’s arms went tightly around Tao’s waist, and Tao’s arms rested heavily around Sehun’s shoulders. Sehun’s next words were whispered. “Do you see it too?”

“Yeah.” Tao answered after a minute. “Just don’t open your eyes.”

All around the room, hearts were splitting, cracking, shattering, and falling from their rightful place. It was bad enough to see one maknae crying, but both of them? It was too much. Suho actually felt like he was going to throw up, and D.O had to catch him before he fell. Kai had a fistful of that back of Kris’s shirt, and Kris had his lips pressed into Kai’s hair, silently reassuring him. Had the groups been assigned differently, Kai would have been on the couch instead of Tao, and Kai was experiencing a heavy mix of fear and guilt.

“Where’s Taemin-hyung?” Sehun suddenly asked. Luhan had tears running down his cheeks by this point, and he was rubbing Sehun’s back gently. Xiumin was in no better condition on the other side of the maknae pair, his fingers trailing through Tao’s hair. “Did he die?”

Silence rang in the room, so silent one could have heard a pin drop. Then Sehun burst into tears again, absolutely freaking out. Tao, who up to this point had been doing fairly well at keeping himself calm, suddenly lowered his head with a choking sound. He reached out automatically and took hold of Xiumin’s hand.

“Where’s Taemin?” He asked, sounding scared.

“I’ll ask Onew to bring him down, ok?” Suho said softly.

“What about Ren?” Sehun suddenly asked a minute or so later.

“Jonghyun went to get him and Baekho.” Suho said, trying to appease the maknaes. What were they going to do? Invite over every maknae they knew? But the boys didn’t speak up again, instead seeming to fall into a light sleep, waking up occasionally, but not fully conscious at any point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you guys want to know what Mir did, but...you'll have to wait a few chapters. Since my moving date got pushed off by a day, I have internet until roughly around 8 AM tomorrow, so I'm going to try to pump out as much of this as I can. :3