Manhandling Mir

Caring For A Maknae

Seungho had had about enough of his phone blowing up, and was dangerously close to throwing it out the window when the door opened and Mir walked in. He offered a smile and went to move into the house when a hand reached through the still open door and dragged him back. Seungho got up quickly, rushing outside, but Rain had already shoved Mir into the back seat of his car, and was pulling out of the spot.

“Is that Papa Rain?” Joon asked from the doorway. Seungho sighed, realizing he would have to pack up the rest of their group to follow their manager.

“Go get Thunder.” He said with a heavy sigh. “We’re going to the SM Dorm.”

“To see Onew?” Joon asked, his eyes widening. Seungho shook his head, pressing his fingers to his temple.

“Onew will be there, but Mir did something very bad, so we’re going to take care of that. Arasso?” Seungho said. Joon nodded, before bolting to the room he shared with Mir and Thunder.

It didn’t take more than a few minutes for the four remaining members of MBLAQ to pile into the leaders car and head toward the SM dorm. They parked just in time to see Rain dragging Mir into the building by his hoodie, and Mir looked terrified. Thunder was out of the car in an instant, intent on chasing them down and demanding an explanation, but Jonghyun and Onew got in his way.

He could still see into the living room, though, and he could see the various stages of freak out that were taking place between the maknae’s and their chosen partners. What the hell was going on? Luhan was trying to hold Sehun still while the young boy blabbed away about why he couldn’t open his eyes. Tao was curled up tightly against Xiumin, twitching and tugging at the elder’s shirt in a relatively steady pattern.

Taemin was just crying, which was about as bad as the kid ever freaked out anyway, but it was still heartbreaking to see. Taemin was usually one with a permanent smile on his face. And then there was Ren. Shy, quiet Ren who only ever spoke up if it had something to the boy he was so shamelessly clinging to. He was letting out loud, miserable whimpers. Mir stood in the middle of it all, looking around completely dumbfounded. It wasn’t a hard feat to accomplish, however, and Thunder was beginning to get frustrated. What had Mir done now?

“So, what did you do?” Rain asked, pointing in turn to each of the four boys - all of whom were younger than Mir. Mir's head ducked slightly.

“We were just having fun.” Mir said, sounding as though he truly believed it. The worst part was that he probably did.

“Let me talk to him.” Thunder said, slipping into the room and going to Mir. The maknae looked up at him with wide eyes. “What did you do to have fun?”

“We ate brownies.” Mir said. Thunder’s eyebrows squeezed together, and he leaned forward to catch a wiff of Mir’s scent. He scrunched up his nose in distaste.

“You smoked pot.” Thunder accused. Mir blinked a few times, then nodded.

“But we ate brownies too.” Mir said. Thunder squeezed his eyes shut, looking scared for a moment.

“Mir...what was in the brownies?” Thunder asked. Mir smiled a bit.

“My friend back home gave me these when I was there. He said that they made you have fun.” Mir said, reaching into his pocket. He held out a bag with what looked like small paper squares inside, and Thunder groaned.

“Pabo...you’re supposed to tell me when people give you things you don’t recognize!” Thunder shouted at him, and Mir flinched.

“W-wait...” Mir said, looking around the room and finally putting two and two together. “Oh no...I didn’t...I didn’t mean to! I didn’t know that would happen!”

“Give me those.” Rain snapped, ripping the bag out of Mir’s hand. The maknae whimpered, running around to hide behind Thunder. Thunder turned, raising a brow at the boys behavior.

“I don’t know why you’re hiding behind me.” Thunder said. “I’m pissed too.”

“M-mian...” Mir said, looking around the room at the angry eyes on him.

“How long until they snap out of this?” Key asked, his voice heavy.

“I don’t know.” Rain said, holding out the bag to Key. The diva took it and looked over the items inside before sighing and nodding.

“Mir, how many of these did you put in each brownie?” Key asked. Mir bit his lip, looking scared.

“O-one...” He said, cringing back. Key nodded.

“Alright. As long as these are what I think they are, they’ll be fine.” Key said, then turned to look at Mir again. “You didn’t give them anything else, right?”

“A-ani.” Mir said, shaking his head.

“Good.” Key said, looking slightly more relaxed. He turned slightly so he could address everyone. “We’re going to have to watch them through the night, but they should snap out of this within a few hours.”

“What is it, though?” Minho asked, still petting Taemin’s hair.

“It looks like acid.” Key said, sighing.

“The drug?” Kris asked, looking shocked. Key nodded, and silence fell for a long moment.

“...yeobo...” Jonghyun said softly, moving forward slowly. “How...how do you know what it is?”

“It’s not something I’m proud of.” Key said, his voice small. Jonghyun’s mouth fell open slightly. “I only tried it once. I...I wasn’t much better off than them. My friends said it would be fun. I never spoke to them again after that.”

During all of this, Thunder, Mir, G.O, and Seungho all slipped out the door behind Rain, who still looked like he wanted to kill the maknae. Rain shook his head, turning suddenly and getting in Mir’s face.

“This is not over.” He snapped. “You’re gonna be in up to your eyeballs for longer than you can even imagine.”

“I..” Mir shut his mouth, looking guilty and afraid even as Thunder shoved him toward the car. He felt sick - he really hadn’t known what he’d done.

Back in the dorm everyone was tucking themselves into their beds, Joon opting to stay with Onew, and everyone sharing the responsibility of watching over the maknae’s in shifts. Key had only heard rumors about people not coming out of hallucinations, but he hoped he wouldn’t see it happening.