So I'm Part God?

Finding Persephone

CRASH! Pratatata!

I found myself lying on the ground, groaning in pain. I turned around to see the sky, hearing the white bird of death scream. I closed my eyes for a moment, taking this all in.

So this is death.

I turned my head, about to close my eyes—until, that is, I saw my mother.

Her body lay unconscious on top of the snow. The pure white snow soon turning a bright red color. I couldn’t think, nothing went through my head at all. This has to be a dream, right? There’s no way that—my mother, it’s…This is a nightmare. This has to be a nightmare.

I heard a sudden loud SASH! I turned around to see Ryeowook in front of me, and the white bird sliced in two, then disappearing into thin air.

I didn’t have any words for what was happening. I quickly got on all fours and started crawling towards my mom. I put my hand on her shoulder. “Mom?” I manage to squeak as I slightly shook her.

She’s cold. Unusually cold. But…That could be because of the snow, correct? She can’t be dead yet, correct?

She can’t be.

We finally ran away from Jae, and this just so happens? No, no! NO! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING! NO, FOR GOD’S SAKE, NO!”

 “Mom! Get up!” I say, patting her shoulder. “Mom!”

“Donghae, we have to run! Quick!” Ryeowook says, taking a random arrow that suddenly appeared in his hand and shot it at another owl.

“NOT WITHOUT MY MOTHER!” I yell, tears threatening to fall. I looked at her, “Mom, wake up.”

“DONGHAE!” Ryeowook screamed.

“MOM!”

Ryeowook was groaning in pain, shooting those birds like there was no tomorrow. I quickly took off my coat and placed it on her.

“Stay warm for a moment, okay?” I quickly muttered before getting on my feet. “YOU BASTURDS!” I yell, making the birds their head to see what was going on.

I looked around and saw a huge stick. Hurriedly, I grabbed it and started to run around, attacking the birds to try and protect mom.

“GET AWAY YOU DEMONS!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, hitting the birds with the stick.

They all kept on squawking and yelping. I continued to hit them, but nothing seemed to work.

Suddenly, I heard a weird, “Neiggghh”. Yes, it’s my horrible imitation of a horse, make fun of it, and you will die.

I turned around and saw a man that was shirtless (he has abs, btw, for any erted fangirls) and a horse’s body. Yes, his top torso was normal, but his lower torso was all horse-like.

“What the—”

“Donghae, catch!” the man said, throwing a stick at me.

I caught it and stared at it. It was the pen that Mr. Choi gave me. Almost immediately, I clicked it and it turned into the same sword that it was when I first tried to defeat Ms. Seo.

Another bird came towards my mother, I swung the sword at the monster and it disintegrated into nothingness.

“Woah, that’s pretty legit.” I say, staring at the sword.

“BIRD!”

I turned around and swung it, destroying another bird.

“Thanks Ryeo!” I managed to say.

Alright, this is my chance. I have to kill all the birds quickly, then carry mom to the hospital. The hospital has to be near, right? Or, or at least a telephone booth so that I could call an ambulance.

The sword worked better than I thought it would. It was probably stronger than it was last time, considering that I can easily fight those demon bird things so easily.

“What’s going on?” I yelled, slashing the birds. “What did my mom mean before the whole…You know! The whole thing just…Happened?!”

The birds continued to come, as if they were just made out of the snow. Ryeowook didn’t answer me, instead, we continued to fight the birds.

Finally, one bird squawked really really loudly—getting the other birds’ attention. They all flew in a huge circle, and formed into one big bird. No, not the yellow bird from Sesame Street, but one white, terrifying bird.

“Oh god—” I begin, looking at the birds.

“—sss” Ryeowook said, as though finishing my sentence.

I gave him a quick, confused look before realizing that the bird was swooping down at us. The only thought that really came into my mind was, “Oh god, I have to protect mom.”

Quickly, as fast as my legs could take me, I ran towards her, diving to protect her body.

I waited a few seconds, waiting for the bird rush towards me, killing me. But nothing happened. I slowly turn around, still frightened, to see a man holding a sword—the sword in the bird.

The man looked up, his face completely familiar, but his body…Well, let’s figure out how to say right. He was an . Yeah, that’s about it. A horse’s , if I’m allowed to say so. Wait, goes with horses, right? Or do they just go with donkeys?

“Donghae, Ryeowook, are you okay?”

I looked up at him, his face was REALLY familiar, but I just didn’t know how.

He was young, had short hair, huge eyes—with under eye puffs—a long nose, and plump lips. He looked familiar, as though he was a younger version of someone that I know of. I guess he looked like a younger version of Mr. Choi. I mean, Mr. Choi looked pretty old for his age, or maybe it was just that the beard made him look—

“OH MY GOD, MR. CHOI!” I gasped, pointing at him.

Mr. Choi turned to look at me, a smile forming on his lips. “Why hello, Donghae.”

“W-what? What happened?” I blinked, staring at his lower half. No, I’m not a ert, but c’mon! Who wouldn’t look there! HE’S HALF HORSE!

Ryeowook, walked over, and that’s when I finally noticed something. His legs, they were like…Oh what’s the word…Oh, they’re like giraffe legs with its dots and colors. But unlike Mr. Choi, it was just two legs, not four.

“What’s going on?” I gasped, trying to take in the situation.

“First of all, hello Donghae!” Mr. Choi said, “It’s been a while—oh, and you made a D in the final, but apparently that’s passing at that school—hasn’t it?”

“H-horse!”

“Yes, yes I know.”

“B-but—”

“I’m a centaur—well, something like that. I’m Chiron, but it’s really Siwon now since everyone changes names every 1,000 years or so.”

“H-huh?”

“BIG BIRD! KILL!”  Ryeowook said.

I looked back at the bird, and soon heard a loud whistle. Our trio looked to whom was making the sound, and it was a girl with blonde hair, wearing only white.

“Really.” She muttered, clearly annoyed. “Mother always refuses to listen. Always bothering with humans when she gets angry.”

“Who’s that?” I ask, staring at both Siwon and Ryeowook.

“A minor god. Don’t worry about her.”

She made a whistle, and as though the birds were scary enough, the minute they heard that ,they seem even more scared. They all turned around, and soon ran off.

“That should do it.” She said.

“Jessica!” Ryeowook yelled, “Thank you!”

Jessica looked at him, her skin pale, her hair blonde. She seemed disinterested and unfased as to what she saw, as if she did this on a daily basis. She nodded, soon walking away.

I stared at her and then at my mother. Regardless of the beautiful girl that had just walked away, I turned to look at my mom. Still unconscious. “Hospital.” I say, “She’s not dead.” I held onto her, “You’re not dead yet, you got me?” I say, tears threatening to fall.

“Hospitals won’t work.” Siwon said.

Ryeowook suddenly cut in, “Sorry if I’m rude, but um…Shouldn’t we take him to camp now?”

Mr. Choi nodded, “Donghae, put your mom on my back.”

I stared at him, confused. However, I did as what he told me to do and put her on her back. Luckily, my mom stopped bleeding. But she was unconscious—but she was breathing! So that’s a plus.

I looked at Mr. Choi’s . I mean it literally. You cannot say it and mean it the same way as I do, I just know it. Well, unless your teacher’s an , or dresses up as an for Halloween.

Then, something hit me in the back of my head, causing the world to go black. The only sounds I remember were the birds coming back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Damn it! Not again!” I hear a strange voice say.

“I’m sorry! I thought the birds were still attacking him!”

“You were late to the game! If it wasn’t for you, then the birds wouldn’t have been there!”

“I’m sorry! I was already at camp!”

“Regardless, Siwon is taking his mother to the hospital, right?”

“Hospital—ha. Don’t make me laugh. We all know that Chiron—sorry, Siwon brought her to his house to fix her up. A hospital couldn’t save her compared to Asclepius.”

Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw Ryeowook argue with the girl that I had met earlier at the beach. The gothic girl, only, this time, she was wearing modern steam punk clothes—her shirt being a white old button down collar shirt, with a large red bowtie and dark brown suspenders. She wore a really red lipstick, along with eyeliner.

She seemed to have caught me staring at her, as she muttered, “Oh, the kid’s awake.”

“Show him some respect! He’s two years older then you.”

“He has to earn it.” The girl said.

“Eunhyuk!”

“What’s going—” I groaned in pure agony the second I tried to get up. “W-Why does everything hurt?”

The girl grabbed some sticky bandages from a cart and placed them on me, “Idiot. He was almost killed in battle and he doesn’t even know what happened.”

“He got angry. He tends to black out when he gets angry.” Ryeowook muttered.

Okay, so here’s the thing. Yes, when I get really angry, I don’t remember what happens next. You guys were about to see the dark side of me when I heard Jae slap my mother—but of course, we were in a hurry to get out.

But what was I angry about? The last thing I remember was getting hit on the head, and turning around to see my mother—

Speaking of my mother.

“Mom.” I say.

“Don’t worry, Siwon’s taking care of her.” Ryeowook said, “She’s safe.”

I nodded, “W-what happened?”

The girl looked at Ryeowook, “Are we going to tell him now?”

“…Tell me what?”

“We might as well, I mean, it’s not like—oh, look, Siwon.”

I shifted my eyes, seeing Siwon and his (I really like saying that) clippity cloppity-ing in. “Ah!” he smiled, “I see the young demi-god is awake.”

“Demi-what?” I say aloud, “I’m sorry, I almost thought that you said god.”

“I did say god.”

One of my eyebrows rose, and got up from the bed—only this time, there was no pain. But rather than questioning that, I simply asked, “How?”

“When you came here, your father claimed you.”

My eyes widened, “My dad? He came here?”

The girl scoffed, “Like the gods would ever bother to come see us.”

“Eunhyuk!” Ryeowook said, a little bit louder than usual.

“Well it’s true. When has my father ever come down and met me face to face? No, he’s always stuck at Olympus, or somewhere on earth, sleeping with other women. That manwhore.”

Siwon shrugged, not bothering to fight back, as if it was true. “Anyways, no, he didn’t come to personally see you. But he claimed that you were his.”

Claimed that I was his without coming here?

Right, the invention of the phone, that was only recently created 100 years ago! Whoops!

But regardless, my DAD claimed me? And he knows that I’m here?!

“Who’s my dad? Do you have a picture of him?” I ask, not caring anymore, a big grin on my face, “Please? I have to know.” I say, probably sounding really really desperate.

“I’m sorry, but…” Siwon bit his lip.

“No photos?” I frowned.

Great. Another chance to actually know what my dad looks like is gone…Again.

God, would it have killed my mom to simply take a few pictures with him before he left? That would’ve been nice.

“I mean, we would if we could…But…If we saw your dad in his true form, then we would all incinerate into nothing but ashes.” Siwon awkwardly said.

I stared at him, blinking. “You could’ve just said that my dad’s good looking.”

“No, he means it.” The girl, Eunhyuk, said. “We’d all die if we saw them in their true form. If Percy Jackson was—”

That name.

“Who’s he?” I ask. “Percy Jackson.”

“Oh, he’s your brother. Well, step brother—or demi brother, anyways,” Siwon took a deep breath, “He saved the world from Kronos.”

I stared at him. Kronos was a Titan, father of the gods. But, wasn’t he imprisoned in the Tartarus? Wait, what am I saying? He doesn’t even exist. “Greek mythology?” I suddenly blurted, “Why are you suddenly giving me a Greek mythology quiz?”

Wait.

Was this a test to get me to finally pay attention?

To actually prove that I’m smart?

“OH! I GET IT!” I laughed, “This isn’t real, right? Is this a hidden cam? Ah! You got me!” I managed to get off of my bed and spanked Mr. Choi’s horse , “This thing was really about to fool me! HAHAHHA!”

Mr. Choi stared at me, mostly because I just hit his horse part. The other two stared at me with their jaws agap.

“What?” I blinked. “By the way, this is really cool!” I rubbed his , “It’s almost like it’s rea—”

“Donghae, this isn’t a joke.” Ryeowook said.

I twitched, “Then what is it? This isn’t reality.” I say, moving away from Siwon’s horse part. “Greek mythology is nothing but what it’s called, a myth. Nothing else. There’s no way that exists.”

“Well believe it, son of Poseidon.” Eunhyuk said, walking up towards me. “Because we’re a part of it.” I slowly began backing away. “Have you ever wondered why you’ve never had a normal life?” she asks, her eyes locked with mine, I, still walking away. “Have you ever, in your life, saw things in which you could not describe? You stare at them in terror, but as you tell others, they would call you crazy?” her tone becoming more and more serious, as while I bumped into the cart that carried medicine, “You’re connected with water. You would never leave it if you could. It’s in your sea blue eyes.” She turned her head, smirking, as if she knew I was terrified of this girl right now. “Admit it Donghae, you knew you were strange.” She said. “And it’s going to get worse. Things out here are here to kill you, simply because they hate halfbloods like us.”

Okay, now I was against the bed, staring at her. She stopped walking and grabbed my shirt, pulling me closer to her.

“This isn’t a joke. You will die if you believe it isn’t real.”

I couldn’t speak. In ways, she was right. Everything in my life, I was thought of as odd for simply thinking them, never even given a chance to speak. But why?

“Why hadn’t my dad claimed me before?” I ask. “Why did he claim me now?”

“If he claimed you outside of camp, it would be like he wanted you to die.” Siwon said, “The gods wouldn’t be that selfish.”

“Despite the fact that they already are.” Eunhyuk muttered, walking away from me.

“Eunhyuk!” Ryeowook groaned.

I stared at her, then at Siwon. “Wait, continue.”

“The gods normally claim their children in the camp, where they actually are safe. If they claimed you elsewhere, then demons of gods know where would want to kill you.”

“Why me? What have I done?”

“Nothing. You’re just the son of a god. That’s it.”

I twitched, “So they’re after me, only because I’m a god.”

“That…And there’s a prophecy about you.”

“What is—”

The door suddenly burst open, and 6 men came in. All of which, were wearing togas and leafs around their head.

“LEE DONGHAE!” the shortest one yelled, a smile bore on his face. “AH! So here you are!”

First of all, am I the only one that feels like I’ve been interrupted a lot today? I mean, they could’ve at least knocked!

“Oh my gods.” Siwon rolled his eyes, “Can I at least have a moment where I’m not interrupted?”

“Nope!” the pretty male one said, motioning Siwon to get away. “Eric was right!” he patted the handsome one’s back.

“I said he was here.” Eric rolled his eyes. “God, Hyesung.”

“What’s going on?” I ask, looking at Siwon. “What’s happening?”

“These people are oracles. They’re a council that tend to look into the future and predict stuff. Only problem is, they tend to be very vague about it.” He pointed to each one of them, “Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Hyesung, Junjin, and Andy”

Suddenly, once Siwon introduced Andy, his eyes turned green.

For winter comes without reason

A trick resulting in pain

Children of the god of the sky, sea and hell

One is the problem, resulting in hell

A god’s revenge, a god’s trick

Only to leave the world in agony.

Only the children shall solve this

Along with an animal to help them along

Will the world be saved? Or will the world end?

I listened to the words that the one said.

“Wow Andy, that was just really random timing.” Eric muttered.

“It happens.” He said quietly.

“So..” I say, staring at all of them. “What’s it to mean?”

“It’s up to you kid to save the world!” the short one (Minwoo) smiled.

“Or else everyone dies.” Jun jin said non chalantly

I stared at all of them.

“Well then, good luck!” the Dongwan waved, pushing the other oracles out of the door.

I stared at Siwon, who sighed. “They always pick the worst timing to tell people these things.”

Eunhyuk piped up, “He was unconscious for 2 weeks. He should’ve woken up earlier.”

“WAIT.” My eyes widened, “I WAS WHAT?”

“Unconscious.” The girl sighed. “You were out of it for 2 entire weeks, not even bothering to wake up.”

I got up, “Mom, where is she? There’s no way she would still be hurt.”

Siwon sighed, “Thanks a lot Eunhyuk.” He muttered, glaring at her. He soon looked at me with eyes filled with pity. “Coma.”

My eyes widened, “What?!” I yelled, “Take me to her!”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?!”

“She’s in Asclepius’s care. Don’t worry, she’ll be okay.”

This felt unreal. It was though he said my mom was dead. I mean, a coma? What if she didn’t make it? “Oh my god.” I quietly said, my eyes getting watery. “Oh my god.” I say again, holding onto the bed covers. I grabbed my hair, “OH MY GOD!” I yelled, my knees feeling weak. “WHY?!” I screamed, lying on the bed, face down. Tears were falling from my eyes, I was sobbing unconditionally.

I guess it’s one of those things that happens once you find out that your mom’s in a coma.

“This isn’t fair.” I sobbed.

“Huh, I find it interesting that he didn’t react that way when he heard of the prophecy.” Eunhyuk said.

“Eunhyuk, shush.” Ryeowook grumbled.

“This isn’t right.” I choked, “Why did this happen to her?”

“She gave birth to you. Of course the demons are after her.” Siwon said. “You’re one of the three that’ll change the world—you have to save the world or else they’re going to kill everyone that you love.”

I continued to cry.

Great. Today, I woke up and found out that I’m part god. It couldn’t be anything normal, like part English, or part Chinese, or part Japanese. Nope! It HAD to be something weird and absolutely out of the blue—just like my life.

And now I’m supposed to save the world? WHILE MY MOM'S IN A COMA?

Could this morning get any worse?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VnmizZj.gif

I AM A FAILURE AS AN AUTHOR. I'M SORRY. I just didn't have time, and then forgot about this story. So I didn't want to update if it wasn't at LEAST 3,000 words. So... I'm sorry :( I'll try to write, but right now, since it's my senior year of high school (First of all, how the heck did that happen?) I won't have as much time since I'm jam packed with stuff to do. And by stuff, I mean classes and work. I swear to you, I'm not kidding. I somehow managed to survive school last year with 3 hours of sleep everynight (Because my school's an arts school/education school=lots of homework and I take AP classes, Student Council stuff, helping out the school, and I worked) so fingers crossed about this year? I'll try to update more. I think the only thing I have this year is mainly AP classes, and I have to paint a lot of stuff for school. I'll be working less, So I promise I'll try to update more.

tw6THjD.gif