I Accidentally Vaporized my Geometry Teacher!

Finding Persephone

 

My name is Lee Donghae.

Until a few months ago, I was attending Chungae academy—school for troubled kids in Korea.

Am I a troubled kid?

…You could say that.

I could pull out any part of my miserable life and show you how troubled I am. However, my problems didn’t start to get bad until last May, at a field trip to the Incheon Arts museum to look at Greek and Roman stuff.

Sounds like torture, right?

Yeah, most of Chungae’s fieldtrips were like that.

However, Mr. Choi was leading the field trip, so I had high hopes for it, considering the fact that Mr. Choi is possibly the only teacher that has never given up on me before. Plus, I like the guy.

Mr. Choi, my Latin teacher, was a middle aged man that always sat on a motorized wheelchair. He had a shaggy beard, with curly hair, old-fashioned glasses, and talked in such a respectable manner. You never would’ve thought that he would be cool, but he is.  I mean, other than the fact that he listens to Opera music, he brings in Greek armor and weapons—earning a respectable “A” in my book of awesomeness. It makes up for him bringing his Opera collection to class one day and playing it. And please, to all Luciano Pavarotti fans, you have to see it from my point of view. I grew up with pop music, and 90’s music, not Italian music in which people sound like they’re on drugs.

Anyways, for this field trip, I planned to just follow what everyone else was doing, because honestly? I’m tired of getting expelled from every school thanks to field trips.

Like in 9th grade, I had this cool Joseon sword, and decided to test it out—only, I didn’t know that the teacher was behind me. Heh, Sorry Ms. Um! I didn’t mean to send you to the hospital for so long because I stabbed your kidney! I mean, who knew that the kidney was so important, right?

Then in 8th grade, we went to the aquarium, I pulled the wrong lever and…Well, let’s just say that my class did not want to swim with the dolphins—especially Mr. Young. I mean, who knew that dolphins were so violent? 

Before that, in 7th grade, we were at the zoo, and I…Let’s say I let the lions out, risking everyone’s life in the zoo, and well…The principal didn’t like that.

Then there was a time in—well, you should get it by now.

However, this time, I will be good for Mr. Choi. I WILL be good.

All the way up, I put up with Minzi Cho, the dark haired kleptomaniac girl who kept on throwing spitballs at me, and kept on hitting my friend—Ryeowook—with her peanut butter sandwich.

In ways, I couldn’t blame her though. Ryeowook was an easy target.  He was scrawny, cried easily, and looks like a little kid. Maybe he skipped a few grades, because he was the shortest in the entire class—or school. On top of that, he’s crippled—giving him an excuse to never be in P.E. for the rest of his life due to some muscular disease in his legs. But sometimes, I think that’s a lie, considering how fast he runs on enchilada day…And to the recycle bins that have recycles cans, but I don’t know about that. He says he likes collecting them, but I’m still confused about that since there are absolutely no cans in his room.

Anyways, Minzi was now throwing her peanut butter sandwich at Ryeowook.

I wanted to hit her, honest! It’s just that the principal threatened me with in-school suspension (AKA Hell on earth) with extra homework and in school suspension if I did anything bad during the field trip. Not something I’m going to worth risking. As much as I hate Minzi, I hate homework more.

“I’m going to kill her.” I muttered.

“I-It’s okay.” Ryeowook tries to calm me down, “I-I like peanut butter.”

Then a piece of her peanut butter sandwich landed on my head, “THAT’S IT!” I yelled, standing up—however, Ryeowook pulled me back down.

“The principal already warned you! Don’t make it any worse!” he tells me.

I growled, “Once this trip is over, she’s on my hit list.”

“I know, I know.” Ryeowook smiled, patting my back, “It’s going to be okay.”

~~~

Mr. Choi led the exhibition at the museum, telling us stories about each of the gods. Like how Athena and Poseidon’s competition for Athens—how Poseidon gave the people salt water (which wasn’t useful to the people) and how Athena gave them an olive tree. Or how Medusa slept with Poseidon in Athena’s temple, angering Athena, hence transformed Medusa into a monster. Then he talked about Zeus, how he disguised as Alcmene’s husband just to sleep with her—giving birth to Heracles. (Or, if you watch movies, the Greek version of Disney’s Hercules)

It was interesting, really. But there were some kids that were talking. Every time I tell them to hush, Ms. Seo would give me a dirty look as though I had killed someone.

Ah, Ms. Seo, my geometry teacher. She had dark colored hair, milky white skin, and huge eyes. She always wore clothes as though she was 20—even though she obviously wasn’t. Oh I cannot even describe how much I hate her! She came to the school halfway during the year because the last teacher had a huge controversy about him and kids, and…I’d rather not talk about it. Anyways, ever since she came, Minzi had always been an angel in her eyes, while I was the spawn of the devil.

Not. Fair.

~~~~

Soon, it was lunch.

Minzi was bragging about stealing some man’s wallet, while Ryeowook and I were trying to eat our food. Rice and soup—cold rice and soup that is. I mean, would it have killed them to have microwave it or something? But oh well, it was free anyways, so I couldn’t really complain.

“This isn’t that bad. But I want some greens.” Ryeowook says.

I scrunched up my nose. There’s one thing that I won’t ever understand about Ryeowook and that’s his obsession with salads and greens. It confuses me. Maybe it’s because I always grew up eating fast food since it was always cheaper than eating healthy.

“You’re so weird.” I chuckled.

Ryeowook smiled at me, eating his bean sprout soup—cringing at the fact that it was so cold.

“Hey, loser!”

I looked up and saw Minzi lean over and pour soup all over me.

“Heh, oopps.” She smirked, walking away.

That’s it.

I walked over and pushed her, making her fall. She made a sound as though she was in pain, but I didn’t care anymore. Whether I’m a guy, and she’s a girl, that was not what you do. I don’t care if she had something wrong in her mind, I did too. But you don’t see me throwing food at people.

“LEE DONGHAE!”

I looked up and saw Ms. Seo glaring at me.

She always comes at the worst times, I swear.

Ms. Seo ran over to Minzi, “Are you okay dear? Did Donghae hurt you?” she asked.

Minzi started to sob—a pretty fake sob if you ask me—and covered her face. “I-I don’t know what happened! I was just walking, a-and he just pushed me!”

Oh dear god! Aren’t we all too old for that now? Crying in front of a teacher? Really? We’re all teenagers now, we’re not little 6th graders!

“It’s okay dear.” She says, glaring at me, “Mr. Lee, follow me.”

“No! no!” Ryeowook suddenly says, running up with his crutches, “It was my fault! I pushed her!”

“I saw the whole thing.” Ms. Seo says, grabbing my collar, “THIS WAY.” She said to me.

Meanwhile, she still hasn’t noticed that I’m soaked in bean sprout soup.

I gave Ryeowook a weak smile as Ms. Seo pulled me into a random room that was filled with ancient architect—most of them from Ares.

Ah, Ares. The god of war.

“You’ve been giving us a lot of problems, sweetie.” She said, managing to pull off a smile.

I didn’t feel like fighting, so I said the safest answer there is. “I apologize.”

She shook her head, playing with her hem of her jacket, “Did you really think we would never find out?” she questioned, glaring at me.

Her eyes…They looked as though she wanted to give me the worst death possible.

Okay, did she find out that I was selling candy, and other stuff (stationary, CD’s, all that) to the other students? Did they find out my illegal stash of Super Junior and DBSK CD’s? Dang, there goes my sales with the girls.

“Confess that you kidnapped her.”

“…What?”

Kidnapped? Why would I want to kidnap anyone? I’m always trapped at Chungae, how can I kidnap someone if I’m always there? Where would I hide my victim?

“Very funny Mr. Lee.” She says, “You should confess now before matters get much…Worse.”

I gave her a blank look, “Who did I kidnap then?”

She twitched, “Give her back, son of—”

“Who did I kidnap?” I ask once more, “For all I know, I didn’t steal anyone. I don’t appreciate you telling everyone that I kidnapped someone when obviously, I’ve been in Chungae this entire time.”

She didn’t answer. She walked towards the window. “Have you been noticing the weather recently, sweetie?”

Shivers ran down my back when she called me sweetie.

But that’s when I realized it. It was May, and the weather was cold—freezing cold—as though winter had never left. Huh, was it something about global warming again?

“Demeter hasn’t been happy since Hades hasn’t return Persephone.” She then glared at me, “But he doesn’t have Persephone.”

“Persephone? Who’s—” One of my eyebrows cocked up, then I started laughing. “Hade’s wife? What? Are you kidding me? Or are you talking about a phone?”

“Despite Hades being Hades, he doesn’t like being called a liar.” She stated.

I stopped laughing. Was she serious?

“I didn’t kidnap anyone.” I say, matter-of- factly.

“Confess to me in three seconds, child.”

“I didn’t kid—”

“Three.” She started.

“Ms. Seo, why would I want to kidnap someone that doesn’t exist?”

“Two.”

“She doesn’t exist! That’s really creep—”

“TIMES UP.”

I blinked for a moment. Then the craziest thing happened. Ms. Seo turned into a bird. No, not a canary bird, but a vulture—or, half bird half lion…With wings. Okay, now I’m just confusing you all. But she was this bird/lion thing—a griffon like thing, the ones that were in the pictures Mr. Choi showed us.

“Not confessing?” she squawked, “Then DIE SWEETIE.”

My eyes widened, and I did what any normal person would’ve done.

I ran.

Okay, so there wasn’t very much space to run, but she kept on diving at me. Going up, then doing down. Honestly, I was scared. She’s a teacher; she wouldn’t kill me, right?

Oh who am I kidding? She’s going to kill me. She’s going to freaking kill me. She’s not a teacher, she’s a monster.

“Hey Donghae!” I heard someone shout. “CATCH!”

I turned and saw Mr. Choi. He then threw something, a pen.

Okay, what the heck is a pen supposed to help me with? Write a report?

“CLICK IT!” he yelled.

I did, and it turned into a sword.

“WOAH!”  I gasp.

I heard Ms. Seo squawk once more, and I did what any normal person would do when facing some human/bird/lion hybrid would do. I swung it.

She screamed in pain, soon she vaporized, as though she was nothing but hot steam.

I turned around, but Mr. Choi was no longer there. I was confused. I walked out of that room, surprised that no one was around. Soon, I ran to the cafeteria where Ryeowook was at, trying to eat his soup, but Minzi was bugging him again. She glanced at me, a wicked smile forming on her face.

“I hope Mrs. Park kicked your !”

I blinked for a moment, “Who?”

“Mrs. Park, our teacher, duuh.

I looked at Ryeowook who had his back me.

“Ah, Mr. Lee.” I hear Mr. Choi say from behind. I turned around. “I believe that’s my pen you’re holding.” He says, a smile on his face.

I completely forgot that I was still holding that pen. Quickly, I handed it back to him.

“Next time, for your papers, bring your own pen, okay?”

I blinked for a bit, nodding.

“Mr. Choi, you do remember who Ms. Seo is…Right?”

Mr. Choi blinked, giving me a bemused look. “Ms. Seo? Who’s Ms. Seo?”

“Ms. Seo! My geometry teacher! You remember her, right?”

“I’m sorry Donghae. But, there has never been a Ms. Seo in the school—nor will be anytime soon. Mrs. Park is the geometry teacher.”

I was silent for a bit, trying to take this all in.

Today, I killed my Geometry teacher and made everyone forget her existence.

Wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! 

Thank you so much for subscribing to the story! It means a whole lot! I was honestly suprised when I saw the subscriber count (100 subscribers in a day?) I think that's a new for me for a story that has nothing to do with the famous idiots story! Anyways, I hope you support this story! :)

Oh, and comment or else I'm going to send Ms. Seo to you.