I Have a Psycho Aunt That Wants to Kill Us All!

Finding Persephone

 

“Your father…” Mom says, staring at the road, “Your real father, I mean…Are you sure I’ve never told you about him before?”

I shook my head. “You said that I looked like my father, but I always thought you were talking about Jae.”

 “There’s no way you look like Jae. Even from far away, you two are completely different.” She muttered.

I was silent for a bit. “Can you…Tell me more about my real father?”

Mom didn’t look at me, “Well…To start off, you have your father’s wavy brown hair. Then you have his bright pale blue eyes, as though you were looking at the ocean. You have your father’s smile, his facial structure. Heh, the only thing you have from me is that you care for people too much.”

I was silent.

That explains so much.

Everyone usually makes fun of me because of I have bright blue eyes rather than the normal brown. They always thought I was albino, a foreigner, or a mix. It was so annoying, honestly. I was also confused back then, so I guess this makes sense. Heh, I guess Mr. Young was right, I am pretty stupid.

“Your dad…” I could hear her voice crack, “He was a nice man. We only knew each other only for a summer…But to me, it was the best summer of my life.”

I smiled. I guess my dad isn’t that bad, considering how my mom still thinks of him. But then again, why did he leave? Did he die? Or maybe, did he just run away?

“Your dad had to leave.” Mom continued, “He was forced to.”

“What? Why?”

 “…Let’s say he ruled a country.”

“WHAT?” I asked, a smile falling on my face. “My real dad was a king?”

She nodded, “You could say that.”

“…But why didn’t he come to get you? Since he’s a king and all, why couldn’t he send child support? Why did you have to marry Jae to get money?”

Mom sighed, “He couldn’t. He was forced to stay away. He was royalty; he couldn’t marry someone like me.”

My heart dropped. “….You’re lying.” I muttered.

“I’m not.”

“H-He couldn’t take care of you. Isn’t that right?” I ask, my fists curling up. “He didn’t want to take care of you, even though he—that jerk!”

“No, that’s not it.”

“Mom, was he a…Was a one night stand?”

“What? Donghae! It’s not like that!” Mom shook her head, “I’m not like that!”

“Did he seduce you?” I started, “Did he—”

“Let’s not talk about this.” Mom says. “End of conversation.”

I was silent for a moment. But the anger was swelling up in my mind.

Not even an hour did I find out that I actually had a real father—that wasn’t Jae—have I already start to hate him. He left my mother when she needed him the most. He never looked back. What was she to him? A piece of trash?

‘Cause it sure sounds like that right now.

~~~~

“Donghae! Wake up!” mom says, shaking me.

I slowly opened my eyes, blinded for a moment thanks to the sun’s mighty rays.

“Donghae, we’re here.” Mom said before getting out of the car.

I blankly stared at what was in front of me, trying to regain my vision.

There it was.

The cabin that rest upon a small sand dune was my so called, home. I liked it there. Sure, it wasn’t the cleanest, nor the most attractive place for tourists, but I loved it. It was a much better home than my real home. Well, ex-home to be exact.

The weather, strangely, was moody. The sun kept on shining, but the clouds kept on trying to hide the sun. The sun’s beams still shone, but it was as though it was fighting with the clouds. I know, I know, the way I explain it is strange, but that’s what it looks like. A battle between the sun and its clouds.

I turned my gaze and stared at the ocean. The waves seemed calm. Even though I liked it more being stormy, but hey, I can’t complain. The ocean was bright blue from afar, but like any other ocean, it had a tint of green up close (because of fish pee). But more or less, I love it.

“Donghae, help me.” Mom says, making me snap out of my mental babble.

“Right.” I nod, getting out of the car.

I helped my mother bring the stuff that we managed to bring out of the house—which wasn’t much. But regardless, we were going to live together now, running away from Jae’s grasps. At least, that’s what I want the most.

Right now, I just hope Jae doesn’t have the nerve to follow.

“What do you want to eat?” mom asked, “I’ll go to the store and buy something.”

“Anything’s fine.” I say, walking up to the window.

“Okay, so I’ll get going.” Mom smiled, walking out of the cabin.

I waved to her good bye before turning my attention back to the window.

The water looked so tempting. Of course, it’s me, and I have a weird obsession with water. Ryeowook used to think it was really weird that I could stay under water for 7 minutes straight—but for me, that was really short. I liked staying underwater. For me, it felt like heaven. It was like me being underwater could help me forget everything and everyone in this world.

Hm, a swim sounds good right now.

I quickly took off my clothes and changed into swim shorts. Soon after, I ran out of the cabin and to the water.

Like usual, when there are cold days here, the water’s freaking cold. But I loved it.

I swam there for hours—not remember the time, or that my mom probably called me hundreds of times. When I finally managed to get out, I noticed a girl who was looking around.

She wore gothic clothing, had short, boyish hair, and she wore a choker that had spikes around it. Her make-up was simple, she wore eyeliner, but eh, it wasn’t much about it. She was really pretty, as in, really, really pretty. Her eyes were small, but they were long, and she had a definite jawline.

“Are you lost?” I ask, running over towards her.

She turned around and looked at me, her face turning red almost immediately. “O-oh, hello.” She politely bowed, taking a few steps away from me.

“Do you need help going somewhere?” I smiled, “I know this place really well, I could help you.”

She nervously looked up, “I’m fine, thank you.”

I nodded my head, pulling my hair back, “Alright, whatever you say.” I looked back into the ocean, missing it already. “Are you here to swim?”

She seemed surprised when I asked his, “W-what?”

“Swimming, are you here for swimming?” I beamed, “You seem nervous.”

She shook her head, “I’m not allowed to swim.”

I was taken aback by this answer. “You’re not allowed? Why not?” I ask, horrified.

“B-because.” She said, looking down. “It’s someone else’s territory.”

“…What?” I blinked, “Last time I checked, the ocean is the world’s territory.”

She scoffed, “Mortals don’t know anything.”

“Excuse me?”

“Anyways, I must go.” She simply says, taking a step away from me. “Che, mortals.” She says before running away.

I stared at her back, but then shrugged it off.

What a strange chick.

I went back into the ocean and floated in the water.

Then I heard giggling.

I looked around, but saw no one.

Huh, maybe it’s just my imagination.

~~~~

When I woke up the next morning, it was raining really hard. I rolled off my bed and managed to get to the kitchen where mom was making a western breakfast, blue pancakes with blue milk. I smiled at the food, thanking her before I started devouring it. It never really mattered to her how I ate the food, as long as I ate.

“Are you going swimming later?” mom asked, “It’s going to be raining all day.”

“Of course!” I nod my head. “I can’t stay away from the water.”

Mom chuckled, “Of course.”

Ah, must I remind you that it’s raining like crazy outside?

Well, that’s what’s weird about my mom. She lets me swim no matter how odd the weather is. It’s probably because she knows that I’m going to disobey her if she says no anyways, but eh, it didn’t matter. The point is, you can’t ever separate me from the water. Not ever.

“Just come in by lunch, okay?”

“Yes ma’am.” I beamed, finishing my breakfast.

When I was done, I ran out of the cabin and started to swim around. The weird thing about water and I, was that it was always calm and cold whenever I came in. Even though I liked that, I didn’t appreciate the rain pounding the water like a mad man. But eh, maybe it’s just me.

“There he is!” I heard a female voice say.

I turn around, but I didn’t see anyone.

I continued to lie in the water, trying to not be annoyed by the rain, but eh, rain just happens, I guess.

“He’s pretty handsome, don’t you think?” a different female voice giggled.

I turned around, looking for the girls who were saying that. But no one was found.

“Well of course! He’s a god’s son after all.”

“Who’s there?” I ask, getting back on my feet, trying to find the owner of the voice.

More giggles, but no faces. I continued to look around, but then I just laid back on the water.

Suddenly, it was as though two geysers suddenly burst into the heavens, and came two gorgeous college-aged girls. One of the girls had long, flowing pale grey hair. Her eyes were the color of the ocean, and I mean it in a literal sense—I seriously felt like I was looking at the ocean. The other one had short, wavy pale blue hair with the same eyes as the others. Both of them looked as though they were wearing dresses made out of water…And we all know how translucent water is.

Seriously, I was just staring at their s. I mean, their faces were extremely pretty and really attractive, but I’m a guy. If you’re going, “Oh! But personality is soo much better!” you obviously don’t know how teenage guy’s minds work.

They giggled, and suddenly, the short haired one suddenly hugged me, making my cheeks burn.

“It’s been a while since we met a demi-god!” she says, hugging me.

I was still red, I wanted to go, “What?” but I couldn’t and ended up spurting out words that didn’t make sense.

“Is he shy?” the longer haired one asked.

“I don’t know.” The short haired one replied, looking up to me, resting her chin on my chest. She looked at my eyes, “Are you okay? Why are you so red?”

“N-nothing.” I gulped, trying not to stare at her s that were resting against me.

“You’re soo cute!” the short haired giggled.

“W-who are you?” I asked, biting my bottom lip.

“Me? I’m Haliae, Nymph of the sea.” She said, hugging me.

I blinked for a moment. Nymph?

I was in a daze, trying to figure everything out until the nymph managed to kiss my lips. My eyes widened a bit. Her lips felt like water. I seriously mean it; her lips felt like water had just been pressed upon me.

“Do that again.” I blinked, curious.

She smiled, pulling me down to press her lips against mine. It felt weird. I’m not sure if I liked it or hated it, but I know that it felt really weird.

“Hey! No fair! Don’t hog him all to yourself!” the other one cried.

“Oh hush.” She said to the other nymph.

“I-I’m confused.” I say. “Nymph?”

She looked at me, her huge eyes seemed to glitter. “Mhm.”

“But…But this isn’t right.” I muttered.

Nymphs, aren’t they the creatures that animated the waters and forests in Greek mythology? No, they don’t exist, they definitely don’t exist.

Her expression darkened, “Do you have another lover?”

“It’s not that—”

“Then I don’t see why it isn’t right.” Haliae said, pressing her lips on me once more.

I pulled away, “I don’t know you.”

“And?” she smiled, blinking. “Your father didn’t know your mother before he made you.”

I froze. “H-How did you—”

“Haliae!” the other nymph panicked, “Don’t you tell him that!”

“What? It’s the truth.” Haliae shrugged, “So why won’t you be like your father?”

“W-wait, how do you know of my father?”

“It’s simple, isn’t it? Your father is my ruler. Unless…You don’t know.”

“What?”

“Haliae, stop! He doesn’t know! We should go.” The other Nymph said.

“No, continue. Tell me about my father.”

“Donghae!” I heard my mom call.

I looked at my mom, then back at the Nymphs, but they were gone.

Damn.

I got out of the water and towards the cabin. My mother stared at me.

“Who were you talking to earlier?” mom asked.

I shook my head, “Some girls that called themselves nymphs.”

My mother’s eye twitched, as though I said something she didn’t want to hear.

“Is something wrong?”

She looked up at me.

Oh! That’s right, I forgot to tell you that I tower over my mother! I’m 5’10 while she’s only 5’4. Hey, I’m a growing boy, so it’s all good. Besides, the taller I get, the more choices in girls I get, right?

“Nothing, nothing at all.” She muttered.

~~~~

That night, I had a strange dream. The place was white, yet hazy. I looked at my feet, and saw the world underneath. My heart stopped for a moment before I realized that I was standing on glass.

I stood there for a while longer, then finally, I was somewhere. Except…That somewhere was very strange. It was a huge hallway, above was a ceiling of glass. The place looked like an aquarium, with fishes, sharks, whales, all sorts of sea creatures flying above.

“Woah.” I say, staring at the ceiling.

My feet automatically started walking. I don’t know how, nor do I understand why, but it was as though someone else was telling me to come. I tried to stop, but it was harder than it seems.

This is such a strange dream.

Wait a second, this is a dream? Holy hell!  Where’s my chocolate fountain? Where is it? Or maybe, a seafood heaven! I want seafood, I’m hungry. Noodles sound good right now. Mmm, food. Wait, WHERE’S SONG HYO KO? OR KIM TAE HEE?! WHERE ARE THEY?

I looked around, but there was no one.

“Oh! Oh woe is me!” I heard a woman cry.

One of my brows rose as I followed the wailing.

 “Sister, do not be distressed.” A male voice cried.

“How can I not be saddened, O’ brother?” the woman continued, “My dear daughter did not come back! Rather, she is held captive by that…By that demon!”

“Sister, I beg of thee to not call our eldest brother that.”

“How can I not? He has taken my daughter from me and has held her captive—even though he promised to have let her come back!” the woman yelled.

“…Sure.” The male voice said in a tone that obviously said that he didn’t believe her. “However, why do thee not yell at Aphrodite? She is the one that let her son shoot the love arrow at him.”

I looked around, and entered a door. In the room was a woman with short pale blonde hair, a tree branch in her hair and funky eye make-up. And by funky, I mean it’s like eyeliner, but all over the eye. Yeah, she looks like she got punched in both eyes in a fancy way. I mean, there were jewels in her eyes! But regardless, she was gorgeous wearing a simple navy blue  dress with gold designs that went to her feet.

The man in front of her—her brother, I believe— looked almost identical to me. Well, other than the fact that he was older. Except, his eyes were an even brighter, and an almost blinding kind of blue and his hair was a lighter color. But I found his fashion sense…Odd…He was wearing a purple fishnet as an undershirt, a see through black jacket, and grey pants. I swear, if he was a celebrity, he would be #1 in the worst dressed list.

“It was all the maknae’s fault!” the woman cried, sitting on the ground. “I swear, I do not understand why he refused to listen to me when I specifically told him to leave her alone! But nooo!” she crossed her arms, “He just had to meddle! If it wasn’t for him, then the humans would never have had to suffer through winter!”

“It is thine fault that the humans have to suffer through winter.” The man muttered.

The woman glared at him, walking away. “I am not joking, dear brother!”

“Whatever.”

“Anyways, I demanded Hades to bring my daughter back! But he dares to tell me that he doesn’t have her, that she already went back!”

“But what if he is telling the truth?”

“OH-I-BEG-OF-THEE, BROTHER!” the woman laughed, “Why wouldn’t he want to keep Persephone?”

…Persephone?

Seriously? Even in my dreams, I can’t get this Persephone girl out? Really? The hell?

“Well, he knows that you will increase his workload if he does so. My dearest sister, you do know that he hates work, am I correct? He likes to spend his endless time playing useless games that humans make like…Starcraft, or World of Warcraft!” the man shook his head, “Can you believe that his…Oh what is it called again? –Username, that’s right! His username is Hades_is_the_better_god? I beg to differ!”

“Brother, I am not in the mood to talk to you about Hade’s pity games.”

“It’s actually very hard.”

“Shut up.”

“Sorry.”

“Anyways, Hades better give back my daughter soon! Or else…Or else his workload will increase!”

“Sister, don’t be like that.”

“Oh but I shall.”

“Sis—”

“Also, have you heard Are—”

“Kangin, sister. He changed his name, remember?”

She rolled her eyes, “Kangin, have you heard Kangin lately? He’s been going crazy since his assistant was kidnapped.”

“What?”

“Yes! And he blames your son for doing it!”

“Which one?”

“Er, the one…The one born in Korea.”

The man blinked for a bit, “…Donghae?”

My eyes widened. What? I’m, I’m his son?

“Yes, yes, him. Well, you know how Kangin hates all your children ever since…Percy Jackson came along.”

“Yes yes. I know.”

“Well, he blames Donghae for taking his assistant. You know, if that happens, he shall declare war with you, correct?”

“Oh for the love of—hasn’t he used America to fight wars too much already? The people are getting angry in that country!”

“True.” The woman nodded, “However, if that happens, Hades’ workload will overload!”  she clasped her hands, “Once that happens, then my dear Persephone will be forced to come back!”

“Sister, what if Hades does not have Persephone?”

The woman’s expression darkened, “Then the world shall die of weather and war. Did you know that the humans are blaming global warming for everything?” she chuckled, “Oh silly humans! But Hermes—”

“Shindong, sister. He changed his name.”

“Urgh, Shindong! Shindong was so amazing at making those knowledgeable ones on earth say that global warming is happening.”

The man sighed, “Sister, about the world dying. You know, if that happens, how are we gods supposed to live? We cannot live without the human’s burnt sacrifices.”

“Well then, for them.” The woman sighed, “Anyways, I must go destroy the earth to increase Hades’ workload!”

“Wait! Sister!” the man panicked, “How about I go find someone to bring out Persephone?” he asked.

The woman seemed interested. “Really? Who?”

The man’s eyes looked at me, “You will see.”

“Do you swear on the river of Styx?”

“Yes.”

The woman looked at him with suspicious eyes, “Alright.” She says before leaving.

Damn, that woman was insane. I would hate to have her as a mom.

Hm…Let’s see…She said that her daughter’s Persephone so then…Oh great, I forgot what Persephone’s mother’s name. Just what’s her name? …Derm…Dee…Wait, Dee? Like, Dee-Dee? From Dexter’s Laboratory? Oh god, how did Dexter not get a good security system? I mean, if he was able to build a super amazing laboratory, then how come he never spent time making a good security system that would stop his stupid sister? Speaking of 90’s cartoons, Courage the Cowardly Dog was the freakiest thing a kid could watch as a child, like serious!

Wait.

Damn you ADHD.

 “My son Donghae will do it.”

I blinked for a  moment, looking up, “What?”

I continued to look at him. His head then looked down, shifting towards me. His eyes seemed gentle, his smile seemed genuine.

“Can I trust you, Donghae?”

 

 

I suddenly work up with a start.

“Donghae! Donghae!” I heard a voice yell, “Wake up! We have to go!”

It wasn’t my mother.

I looked at the dark figure. It was familiar, very familiar.

“Ryeowook?” I blinked.

“QUICKLY! Get up! Your mother is already in the car!”

“Wait, what? Why?”

Ryeowook, who was obviously annoyed, pulled me out of bed and out of the door.

It was…Snowing? In June?

“LETS GO!” Ryeowook says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the passenger seat of the car. He sat in the back seat.

My mom pressed the accelerator pedal as if her life depended on it.

…Strange…

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“Honey, t-there’s something I’ve never told you before.” My mom managed to say, swerving just in time before we were to hit a tree.

“What’s that?”

“YOU’RE HALF GOD, DONGHAE.” Ryeowook yelled as he hit the window.

“Seatbelt!” Mom managed to yell.

“What?”

“No time for questions! We have to run! Fast! Before they reach us!”

“Who?”

“Demeter’s fury.” Ryeowook said, “Because Persephone hasn’t come back yet, this is her new creation.”

“What?” I looked back and saw white birds flying around.

Okay, now, a lot of you are probably going, “WTF, BIRDS?” but it’s scary. Trust me. These birds looked normal at first glance, but when you look at what’s behind them, you realize what’s actually scary.

As they flew, the ground was covered in a white sheet of snow. All that greenery that was at least a few feet in front of them turned into ice within a second.

“W-what are they?” I stutter.

“I’ve never seen them before.” Ryeowook replied, “Usually, Demeter doesn’t do this at all! Usually, it’s her depression that makes the world cold…but this…It’s as though she’s purposely trying to freeze the world.”

“W-what?”

“I don’t know why, but…I got orders from Siwon that they were after you.”

 “What? Why?”

“Because Ares told your aunt that you kidnapped Persephone.”

“Aunt? Persephone?” I ask, confused. “Who’s tha—MS. SEO?”

“Yes! The one Ms. Seo was looking for.” Ryeowook gulped.

“You remember her?”

“That’s not the point!” Ryeowook yelled, “The point is—OH MY GOSH, UP FRONT!”

I turned away from Ryeowook and looked at the front of the car, there was the white bird in front of us. I heard mom scream something, but I couldn’t hear it very well.

I closed my eyes, ready to face my death as the car flipped, parts shattering.

However…I didn’t die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES! MY 3RD CHAPTER IS BACK! WOOT! -breathes- I'm soo happy!

When I got it back, I was honestly thinking about cutting it so that I can have something to show you guys for the next chapter. But since you guys waited for 3 weeks for this, I'm like naah. And well...I found out that this chapter wasn't over 10,ooo words, it was only more than 3,000 .___. I was suprised. But eh, my memory . You guys know that I have a little bit of ADHD, so I was probably looking at something. 

Oh, and also, I don't think I can update every Saturday since I have soo much commitments to get into. And for all of you guys that didn't know. I'm a Junior. (Yes, a SUPER Junior ;D) so now I have to worry about getting into college more than fanfics. Sorry guys, but you guys will still be on my top 5 prioities! :D

None the less:

Comment or else Demeter will kill us all!

Comment with only an "Update soon" then the white owls will freeze your home in the winter!

'Cause seriously, I lost this, and now found it, and it was 13 pages. If you don't comment, I will be like D":