Me, a model?!?

24: The Story of EXO

 

“Anneyong, I am Park Jin Young. I am here to see Mr. Alex Mitch,” you showed the secretary the card.

A look of understanding crossed her face. “Ah, I see, please wait, he will see you in a moment.” you thanked her and found a chair to sit on.

*Whoa-?? Why does she look like she knows what’s going on??* you thought. *I mean ‘he will see you in a moment.’ How the hell does a freakin’ famous designer guy have sudden time for a normal girl??* (Mianhae, I know that was lame :)

“Ms. Park, you may go in now.”

*Huh? -* you pulled myself out of that last thought and entered the office. “Hello, I am Park Jin Young,” you said in the best English you could speak. Years of living in Korea has affected your English skills a little.

“Ah, Jin Young, I believe I saw you yesterday. Let's keep the converstaion in Korean, it's much easier for me now.” Alex replied in perfect Korean.

Your jaw dropped, this guy is American; how on Earth does he speak Korean like he’s lived here his whole life?! He laughed, “I have lived here for quite some time you know. You can call me Alex, and drop the honorifics, I'm not that much older than you.”

You showed him the card, “What’s this for? I’m guessing that you didn’t give it to me for no reason…” “Oh yes. I have been scouting for models recently, and you looked perfect, I hope you don’t mind.” “MWO?! Me, a model…” you gasped.

“Yeah, you.”

“Huh, o-ok… But what am I supposed to do?”

“Here is a schedule of what my models follow. If it’s okay with you, could you look it over now… this matter is quite urgent, I am having a photo shoot in three months and I need some models for it.”

7:30 Have breakfast with other models. May go bathe and change.

8:30 Finish all bathing etc.

8:45 Briefing for the day’s shoots.

9:25 Start shooting. (There will be breaks.)

1:25 Have lunch, may go out for lunch.

2:35 Rest for half an hour.

3:05 Start close-ups etc.

5:05 Done shooting. Admin work to be done.

6:05 End.

“Oh… wow, everyday??”

“Yes, but the stuff will change. We always finish a shoot in two days, no longer. Or it gets boring.”

“…”

“Oh yes, I need you to do something, it’s just to test your other skills.” Alex handed you a paper.

Dear Miss,

You have been selected as one of Alex Mitch’s models. For a basic skills test, you are required to dance to a song, and sing to another. You are to come back on a specific day to perform.

Yours Faithfully,

Ms June Smith

Secretary to Mr Alex Mitch

“Omo! I have to perform?! O-ok…”

“Thank you very much. How ‘bout you come back exactly 20 days from now. It should be enough time to practice.”

“Y-yeah. That should be enough…”

“Thank you so very much. See you soon. Oh yes, by the way, you may choose the two songs. Please provide a CD with the two songs on it. Bye!” He smiled and looked at his laptop, signalling that your time to talk was over.

*AAAAAHHHHH!!! What have I gotten myself into? I can’t do this! I have stage fright. Argh!*

Realising that you couldn’t do much but start practicing, you went to your dorm.

“Unnie, I’m back,” you called out to your roomie, Yun Na.

“Jin Young! I wondered where you went.”

“I met Alex Mitch. He wants me to be his model. I have to sing and dance for him,” came your weary reply.

“A-Alex Mitch… Why, cruel world, why? Why wasn’t it me who met him? Does he not know that I have every everyday-wear piece of his in my wardrobe?” Yun Na wailed. She is a big fan of him.

“I shall help you Jin Young. ‘Cos if I do, you have a reason for me to be there! Hah! Come on, let’s gets started!” She stated, with a smirk worthy of only her.

*Aish, the friends I have.*

She dragged you to the hall, moved all the furniture to the walls and took out her laptop, set it on the carpet and began surfing YouTube, she called you over, telling you to choose two songs, one to sing, and one to dance to. For the song to sing, you chose Gee by SNSD, or Girls’ Generation. For the one to dance to, you chose Run Devil Run, also by them.

Gee gee gee gee, ba-by baby baby” you started memorising the lyrics.

You better run run run run run” you stared at the girls, *Am I supposed to dance to that?! It is so easy!!*

Actually, it looked easy, but it wasn’t. ‘Aish, how do these girls dance like that? Out of the whole song, I only got down 5 of the moves.” You complained. But Yun Na wouldn’t hear a thing. “Nope. Jin Young, you will perform, and make me proud, or watch out.”

You couldn’t do anything.

After a few days, the singing and dancing became easier, and easier, and easier.

After 15 days, it was all you could do to not sing out loud and bust a move every five seconds. Training with Yun Na really paid off. She constantly criticised you, but in a good way, just enough for you to continue being the perfect performer. Now, only the stage fright issue was left.

“Ok, listen Jin Young, you have to look at the audience, but if it’s one person… don’t look too much…”

“Unnie!”

“Anyways, just remember to smile and look at the person from time to time, it will work out. And if you’re scared, count to three and take deep breaths and everything will be fine.”

The remaining five days passed in a flash.

Soon, that fateful day had arrived. The night before, you had been practicing your off. You had the moves and the song down to a science, nothing could beat you now.

You looked at Yun Na, she looked at you. She squeezed your shoulder lightly. “You can do this, ok?” “Alright I will, for you, my best friend, and no one else.”

And the two of you walked into the office.

“Jin Young, glad you can make it. This friend of yours…?” Alex Mitch inquired. You looked at Yun Na, she was practically dying inside with happiness.

“For support sir, I wouldn’t be able to perform if she didn’t push me to practise every waking hour I had.”

“Um, ok, I see. Please sit, we shall talk for a minute before we can start the performance.”


Anneyong! Mianhae, I know this update is overdue. I was lazy, and I was actually gonna wait for the site to properly function again, but I could not help it. :)

Finished this chapter, WOOHOO! I have never written for so long before.