The Audition

24: The Story of EXO

 

“Ok, Jin Young, I must admit, my models don’t need to sing or dance… this was for someone else, though all the models I scouted recently have gone through it…” Alex told me.

“MWO?!”

“I’m sorry, but let me explain. This man is also scouting, for a performer that is, he’s my good friend, and he asked me a favor, so what could I do? But, I think you will recognize him, by the way, do you like K-pop?”

“Yeah, duh! I’m normal you know!” I replied, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Sheesh… ok might as well meet him.”

“Hello, Jin Young, I am Lee Soo Man.” A man’s voice came from somewhere in front of me. I was staring intently at Alex, wanting to murder him, so I didn’t see him coming.

*Damn you Alex Mitch, if it wasn’t for Yun Na, I’d have - wait- WHAT?!?!?*

I snapped out of your thoughts. This was the Lee Soo Man. Founder of SM Entertainment. I started to say something, “OMO!! How…why?”

Yun Na, sitting beside me, also was speechless.

“O…Kay. What is going on, Alex??” I said, looking at him.

“You know how I said that I was doing a favor for a good friend? Well, Mr. Lee Soo Man is that very person. He is the one scouting for a performer.”

“Whoa- wait, I have to perform -no, audition- for SM?? Let’s get started,” I half-screamed.

I was so happy, ‘cos, personally, I had always loved performing.

I immediately stood up, and reached for Yun Na. At the same time, Alex and Mr. Lee stood up too, not wanting to take up too much time.

They lead Yun Na and I to a room connected to the office. It had a mini stage big enough for my dance. I smiled.

“Wow, this place looks amazing, what do you use it for?” I asked.

“Oh, the random performance conducted by our staff and models when we are having some R&R time,” Alex replied.

I was confused, but I did not say anything for fear of sounding like a fool.

Instead, I handed the CD to Alex, asking him to put it on.

The song Run Devil Run started booming through hidden speakers. I quickly started dancing, putting power into your every move. I moved with the beat, letting the music flow through me. I was almost sad when the song stopped.

“Wow that was great! Now to sing, wait a minute, I’ll get you a glass of water.” Alex exclaimed. He walked out of the room.

5 minutes later.

“Jin Young, you ok with starting now?” Mr. Lee Soo Man asked.

“Yes, Lee Soo Man-ssi.”

“Ok, let’s start.”

The music started playing.

I started swaying to it.

I sang your heart out, enhancing all the right words, and putting all the skill I had into the song.

“OMO! That was great Jin Young! I can’t wait!” Yun Na exclaimed, reminding me that she was there.

“Thank you, Jin Young and Yun Na. We will get back to you shortly.” Lee Soo Man-ssi and Alex said in unison.

Yun Na and I bowed to both of the men and left the office, silently fangirling. We couldn’t realize how lucky the two of us were.

We went home, and then the real screaming started. Not only had we seen him, the Lee Soo Man, and he had asked for a personal audition (well, that's what I thought). Us two screamed until our lungs were burning, and our voices almost gone. We grabbed a glass of warm milk each and sat quietly, sipping it, thinking about what had happened today.

Being tired like , we went into our rooms and fell asleep the minute our heads touched the pillow.