This isn't the reality I wanted

Fake.

 

My eyes were glued to Sekyung’s pink Buggy, and watched her drive off, the smirk still on her face.

---

As I watched her leave, I diverted my attention back to the rest of the group, in an attempt to forget her for the rest of the day.

No One’s POV:

All the members went out to dinner near the beach later that day. Luna was excited that she was invited, considering she never thought the members would accept her, that’s why Onew and she kept the relationship a secret. They all bonded and had a good time, fortunately, they forgot about Shin Sekyung.

“So we were going to the concert right? When suddenly –“ As they were all talking, Key heard a faint scream come from outside.

“Did you guys hear that?” Key shushed everyone and told them to be quiet for a second. They tried to listen to another scream, but the only sound they heard was the rustling of the dishes in the kitchen and the chatter of other customers eating in the restaurant. “I swore I heard a scream before.” Key said, confused.

“Key, forget about it.” Jonghyun told him, patting him on the back. They smiled at each other and Jonghyun continued on with his story.

A couple minutes later, they heard another high pitched scream, but closer. It seemed like it was a couple yards away from where they were. “You guys heard it that time, right?” Key said, standing up. He walked over the door and poked his head out, looking for the source of the scream.

“I heard it!” Taemin said as he walked up to follow his hyung that was walking out the restaurant.

Jonghyun got up and excused himself. “Minho, Onew, Luna, can you stay here for a second? We’re going to check what’s going on.” They agreed and when Jonghyun took a couple steps toward the door, they heard another scream. This time, it sounded more painful. It sounded like someone was dying.

Jonghyun ran towards the door and found Taemin and Key running over to where they heard the shriek. What’s going on?Jonghyun thought as caught up to Key.

He found them at a dark alley that was isolated from the restaurants and condos. Key was standing in shock as he found Sekyung in the arms of a bulky male in all black. Taemin was standing behind Key, trying to protect himself. I heard Key whisper to Taemin, “Go back to the restaurant.” He nodded and bolted out of the scene of the crime.

Jonghyun pushed Key aside, infuriated. “What are you doing to my girlfriend?” He shouted at the man. The man dropped Sekyung and walked to Jonghyun. He stood at least a foot above him, towering over the smaller one.  Jonghyun stepped back, feeling threatened by him.

“I was just having some fun.” He winked back at Sekyung, leaving a shocked and enraged Jonghyun.

Flames flaring out of his ears, Jonghyun pushed the older guy. He wasn’t afraid anymore. He just wanted Sekyung to be safe. While they were pushing each other back and forth, Sekyung was still crouched on the floor, burying her face in her knees. Without them knowing, she had a small smirk on her face as she watched them through the strand of her hair that was covering her face.

Jonghyun threw a punch at the , giving himself a bleeding hand, and the guy a broken jaw. “ you!” The guy said, holding his jaw and running out of the alley. Sekyung wiped the smirk off her face as Jonghyun ran up to her, cradling her in his arms.

“Are you okay?” He asked, trying to soothe her.

This is where acting comes in handy, Sekyung thought to herself. Just as she took off her smirk, fake tears started to spill out of her eyes. She grabbed onto Jonghyun, not wanting to let go. “Shh, it’s okay. I’m here.” She heard Jonghyun soothe her.

They were sitting in silence for about 5 minutes. All they heard were the silent tears Sekyung was shedding. Aside for the weeps, they heard footsteps coming toward them. “Hey...” They said softly, not wanting to startle them any more than the situation did.

Key bent down beside Sekyung, cautiously wrapping his arms around her. Sekyung covered her face and put on a disgusted expression.

She slowly shifted, making Key drop his hands. He awkwardly stood up and went towards the other members who were just watching Sekyung and Jonghyun hugging. He loosened the hug and helped her up. “Do you want to come over?” Jonghyun asked.

She shook her head. “Neh. You can just drop me off. Is that okay?” Jonghyun looked back at the members. Onew nodded and smiled as they turned to walk back to the car.

They got up from the ground and followed the others, walking hand in hand. Sekyung was gripping his hand tightly, and using her other hand to hold his bicep. Onew and Luna slid in the first row, Taemin,  Key, and Minho sat in the second row, while Jonghyun and Sekyung cuddled in the 3rd row.

From time to time, Key would look back to see Sekyung asleep and Jonghyun with his arm around her. Key couldn’t help but feel filled with jealousy. He glared at the sleeping beauty as Jonghyun her hair, staring at her peacefully. Key could feel his heart slowly breaking. I’m never going to compete with her.

Although Key really despised Sekyung for stealing his best friend and lover, he couldn’t deny the fact that Sekyung truly was a beauty. He was filled with jealousy because he knew Sekyung had him wrapped around her finger and he knows that he will never be with him.

Key looked away, not being able to bear it any longer. He closed his eyes as he tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. Just as Key was about to drop his head and fall asleep, he felt something hit his left shoulder. He looked to his left and saw Taemin leaning on him, asleep with a smile on his face.

Taking one glance at Taemin’s sleeping figure, he went to sleep himself.

Jonghyun stayed in the back, wide awake. He was his girlfriend’s hair, and watched Key’s face that was shimmering under the moonlight. He smiled at the sight and looked out the window, seeing Sekyung’s condo in the distance. He looked at her and tapped her shoulder with his right hand. “Wake up sleepyhead.”

She groaned and swung her arm around, almost hitting Jonghyun on the head. “Whoa whoa! Watch out!” Jonghyun said, laughing. He poked her stomach and she threw her head up in surprise.

“Mmm, what?” She groaned, obviously still tired.

Jonghyun laughed at her as she dropped her head on his lap. “We’re a couple seconds away from your house. Wake up.” Onew pulled up to her house, parking on her driveway.

“Walk her inside.” Onew said with a smile. Jonghyun nodded and tried to wake her up yet again. Despite all the poking, Sekyung refused to move. He sighed and slid one arm under her knees and the other behind her neck. He carried her out the car in bridal style and put her down once they reached white wooden door.

“Come on.” He helped her up and wrapped one arm around her, supporting her. He found her key in her small purse along with a check for $500. Next to the check was a small letter paper clipped to it. “What’s this?” He said to himself. He looked up and found a bench. Trying his best not to wake Sekyung up, he took trudged toward the seats, setting her down carefully.

He took out the check and note, reading them both. On the note, it read:

“Hey! Thanks for helping me with the plan. Once Jonghyun sees me getting harassed by some stranger, he’ll be wrapped around my little finger. This plan will work! I have $500 for you! Thanks again. – Shin Sekyung

P.S. Fighting~! Kekeke <3”

Jonghyun gaped at the note, not wanting to believe what he just read. Is this real? Jonghyun was startled to have Sekyung waking up beside him. Hastily, he put both the check and the note back inside her purse, immediately standing up right after and inserting the key.

He calmly stood at the door, pretending nothing happened as Shin Sekyung looked up at him with a dazed look in her eye. “When did we get here?” She asked, her voice sounding a little hoarse.

“We got here about 10 minutes ago but you wouldn’t wake up. I decided to just carry you inside.” She smiled, rubbing her eyes.

“Thank you!” She yawned as she pulled me in for a hug. They hugged for a while, which was fortunate because during the hug, he ped her purse, frantically looking for the note. Once he found it, he slid it into his jacket pocket without her noticing. “I’ll see you soon.” She said, kissing him on the cheek.

He nodded and watched as she went inside her house. Devastated, Jonghyun slumped back into the car. Getting looks from the people who were still awake, he ignored them and slid in the back seats, alone and being so pessimistic about everything.

Jonghyun looked out the window, one tear drop falling out of his left eye. When that tear drop fell, it slowly started to rain. Jonghyun seemed confused. It was as if his tears were the rain drops. As his tears started to flow down faster, as if it were a steam of his tears, so did the rain. The rain began to get heavier and so did Jonghyun’s eyelids.

As Jonghyun looked out the window, he started to get droopier and droopier. Soon enough, he fell asleep clutching the note that left him heartbroken. Tears were stained onto the note, almost drenching it.

Key woke up right when they pulled up to the dorm. He looked back at Jonghyun, seeing tear stains and the note. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, he left it alone, for now.