I'm sorry.

Fake.

 

Sorry it took me awhile to update. I was too busy learning how to write korean ;-;

She nodded. “I broke up with my boyfriend so we can be together!”

Is this reality?

---

“Really?” I asked hopefully. She nodded. Why did she break up with him? She was the one that rejected me. Was she jealous that my eyes weren’t on her anymore? “Were you jealous because you saw that I didn’t like you anymore?”

“What? N-no!” She said, blushing a little.

I smiled. “Fine. I’ll be your boyfriend.” She jumped up and down happily, obviously in a good mood. I looked behind me and saw Key in the far distance walking toward us. “We can spend tomorrow together. I want to spend today with Key.” I explained to her.

“But—“ I stopped her mid-protest by giving her a look – a look so obvious that I wanted her to leave, just for right now so I can explain things to Key.

She sighed and turned away, walking out of the park.

Key’s POV:

I was walking back to where Jonghyun was; that is, until I saw him talking to his… his what? His lover, I should say? I stopped walking when I saw Se Kyung jump up and down, yelling “Yay!” Confused, I began to walk over to see what was going on.

Jonghyun looked back at me and quickly told Se Kyung something that made her leave. I walked over to Jonghyun and he was beaming with happiness. “What’s up with you?” I said, wiping the ice cream off his nose.

I saw him look down at where I was wiping. “Oh yeah, I forgot about the ice cream on my nose.” He said, blushing.

“Why was Se Kyung here?” I asked him.

“Oh yeah!” He suddenly remembered, “I have the best news!” He screamed. “We’re going out now!” As soon as he said that, I went numb. I didn’t listen to anything else he was saying and I froze. I couldn’t move. My heart sank and I could feel tears coming.

 I quickly looked away from him, hoping he didn’t see my tears. “Congratulations. I guess the plan worked.” I got up and walked in the direction of our dorm.

“Key, wait!” I heard him called out. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I ran across the street and walked into our dorm, trying to forget about Jonghyun.

I walked in my room, ignoring all the stares from my hyungsand dongsaengs. “I don’t want to talk.” I ran into Jonghyun and I’s room, and plopped onto my bed. I went under the covers and faced my roommate’s bed, just staring at it.

I should have never agreed to this plan. I thought. I closed my eyes and it wasn’t long after when I started to cry. I heard a knock on my door and my heart started beating rapidly. Is it Jonghyun? “Hyung, it’s Taemin.. Can I come in?”

I sighed; it wasn’t him. “Come in, Taemin-ah.” I sniffed as I sat up and waited for him to come in.

Taemin’s POV:

It hurts to see my umma like this. I saw him burst through the door crying. He’s my umma – the one that loves me, the one that takes care of me, the one that understands me, the one that’s there for me. He’s like a brother to me and what kind of brother would I be if I didn’t check on him?

“Hyung, it’s Taemin… Can I come in?” I asked nervously when I reached his door.

It took him awhile to reply, but I know it’s because he’s crying. “Come in Taemin-ah.” I heard him say through the door.

I walked inside and saw him staring at Jonghyun hyung’s bed. “Oh, Key hyung…” I said, frowning and making my way over to him. I sat near his feet and patted his back, trying my best to comfort him. “What’s wrong?”

Key sat up and looked at me, tears still welling up in his eyes. He took a deep breath and told me everything. He told me about his love for Jonghyun, Se Kyung rejecting hyung, the plan, then about “Jongkyung.” I hugged him tight and he cried into my shoulder, nearly drenching it. “Stop crying, umma…” I whispered.

Just as I pulled away, I heard someone clear their throat at the door. Both our heads shot to where it came from and saw Jonghyun hyung looking at us. “What’s going on here?” He asked in a jealous tone.

Key shook his head. “Nothing. Taemin was just comforting me.” Key looked at me and whispered, “You can go now. Thank you.” I looked at Jonghyun, then back at Key, nodding. I stood up and hugged him, awkwardly walking past Jonghyun on my way out.

No One’s POV:

Jonghyun walked inside their room and sat on his bed, looking at Key the whole time. “Are you crying?” Tears streaming down Key’s face, he shook his head ‘no’.

“Key, I’m not dumb.” He said, walking over to him. Jonghyun sat on Key’s bed and adjusted his body so they were talking face to face. “Come on. Talk to me.” Jonghyun said, hoping for some kind of response.

All Key did was stare. He stared at Jonghyun, tears still falling from his eyes. Jonghyun grabbed a napkin from his bedside table and gave it to Key. “Here, wipe your tears.” As Key did so, Jonghyun immediately grabbed Key and hugged him tight.

“I don’t like seeing you cry, Key. You’re my best friend.” Jonghyun said, his voice cracking a little. Key’s heart seemed to break slowly. Best friend. Key thought, that’s all I’ll ever be… Key pulled away and a fake smile appeared on his face.

“Thank you.” Even though it hurt Key to also be Jonghyun’s 2nd favorite, he was glad that they were still best friends and that they will be close forever.

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to sleep…” Key whispered, loud enough for the other to hear. Jonghyun nodded and watched Key slip into bed.

Jonghyun grabbed his pajamas and went into the bathroom to change. When he came out, he didn’t hear Key’s snoring. He heard Onew’s loud snoring and Minho and Taemin’s light snoring, but not Key’s. Key must still be awake, he thought.

Jonghyun went to his bed and tried to sleep. He kept shifting around, not being able to sleep because thoughts kept overflowing his mind. “Aish.” He whispered, making sure Key didn’t hear him.

He looked up at the ceiling and thought about the ‘fight’ he had with Key. After about 5 minutes, he turned to his right and was facing Key’s bed. He stayed silent to see if he could hear Key’s barely audible snoring.

Nope. Still quiet. He silently took off the blanket and tip-toed over to Key’s bed. He knelt down in front and whispered. “Key.”

Key’s POV:

“Key.” I heard him whisper. Why isn’t he asleep? I opened my eyes to find his face a few centimeters away from mine.

“Y-yes?” I said, nervous from how close we were.

“I can’t sleep. The fight is still bothering me.” I sighed and sat up in my bed, Jonghyun getting up with me. He took a seat on my bed and waited for my reply.

“Just forget about it okay? The plan is over. It worked. That’s it. Just go to sleep, araso?” I rolled my eyes as I laid back in bed, hoping he would just forget about the whole thing.

I was just about to sleep when Jonghyun spoke up again. “Can I sleep in your bed like before?” I suddenly tensed. It’s been awhile since he did that. Ever since he started gaining feelings for Se Kyung, we started to get distant. I nodded, smiling inside.

I scooted over closer to the edge so he had room to lie down. My back was facing him and just as I started to drift into a deep sleep, I felt warm and muscular arms wrap around my waist. My heart started to beat faster and my breathing was uneven. I was going to remove his arm when I heard snoring coming from his side.

I sighed and removed my hands from his wrists. I decided to leave it there since I didn’t want to wake up. It didn’t bother me as much, but I thought since he has a girlfriend, he should stop with the skin ship. I looked back and saw Jonghyun sleeping peacefully beside me.

Smiling at how cute he looks, I carefully turned my whole body, trying not to wake him up. I copied him and put my arm around his waist, still smiling.

With that, I closed my eyes and soon drifted off, awaiting dreams about Jonghyun.