Shades of Hurt

The Color of Love

06. Purple

 
    Ever since Friday, Jongin had been trying to decipher his feelings for Kyungsoo. It hasn't been easy on him, especially since Kyungsoo was avoiding him like the plague. It was now Thursday and Jongin has neither spoken to nor seen Kyungsoo the entire week. It was more than obvious that the smaller boy was avoiding him, but why? Wasn't avoiding people his thing? Jongin was getting desperate. He was even considering apologizing to Kyungsoo for blowing up over the whole Chanyeol situation, but he felt that his overreaction wasn't what had pushed Kyungsoo away. He knew that there was a deeper, more serious reason.
 
    Kyungsoo's change in demeanor did not go unnoticed. He flinched whenever someone would so much as tap him on the shoulder. His body would almost curl in on itself when his name was called for attendance. He looked paranoid all the time, like there was someone watching him. He just seemed scared, terrified almost.
 
    Jongin finally had enough. He was going to confront Kyungsoo today. He waited until the end of the day, outside of Kyungsoo's last class. When Kyungsoo walked out of the door, he secured a tight grip on both of the boy's small wrists and pulled him away. The students in the hallway parted to make room for Jongin and Kyungsoo as they made there way to the exit. They heard the hushed beginnings of new rumors as inquisitive eyes followed them down the length of the corridor.
 
    During the whole agonizing trip to the abandoned art wing, Kyungsoo struggled to release himself from Jongin. He knew that Jongin was going to demand answers for his absence. He wasn't ready. He was ashamed. He didn't want Jongin to see him like this, but that much was inevitable. Fear and anxiety filled him to the brim at the thought of what Jongin was going to say after seeing his bruises.What are you going to do? Are you going to leave me? Are you going to demand to know who did this to me?
 
    Once in the familiar dance studio, Jongin let go of Kyungsoo's wrists. He rubbed them as he felt the blood circulation return. A pregnant silence filled the room. Jongin stood with his back towards Kyungsoo. Along the way, he saw the light shading of the brand new bruises dusting Kyungsoo's face, jawline and the area of his neck that wasn't covered by his shirt. I pissed him off to know that someone was hurting Kyungsoo and that he wouldn't stand up for himself.
 
   "What happened to you?"
 

    Jongin couldn't face Kyungsoo. He knew that if he did, he would lose it and do something that he would regret. He just wanted Kyungsoo to open up to him. He wanted to protect him, but he couldn't because Kyungsoo refused to let him. "Noth-" Before the lie could leave Kyungsoo's lips, his back was slammed against one of the mirrors, and for the first time this week, Kyungsoo was forced to look into Jongin's rich chocolate brown eyes, filled with determination. "Don't lie to me!" Jongin held Kyungsoo's gaze but only for a short moment.

    "Jongin-"

    Kyungsoo never wanted so badly to disappear. The way Jongin looked at him with such intensity made him want to spill everything, but he knew that it would only bring more trouble. "What happened Friday? Tell me."

    "I-I... I can't." I can’t. I shouldn’t. It might make you pity me. I don’t want your pity… I don't want you to hate me.

    "Why?" For just a split second, Kyungsoo thought he heard Jongin’s voice waver, just slightly. Does it really bother you that much? Maybe I should- No! I can’t! Appa would murder me! "Jongin-ah, please don't do this."

    "I know someone is hurting you." Kyungsoo's eyes widened and his body started to tremble. Kyungsoo's shift made Jongin aware that he struck a nerve. Someone was indeed hurting Kyungsoo. There was no more doubt about it. "There's no one hurt-"
 
    "Stop lying, Kyungsoo! I can see your bruises!" Jongin took the sleeve of his shirt and proceeded to wipe the makeup off of Kyungsoo's face. He turned Kyungsoo around and forced him to look at his reflection in the mirror. "Look at yourself! How can you sit here and say that no one is hurting you when you look like this? Unless you're doing it to yourself..."
 
    "No!"
 
   "Then who the is doing it?!" Jongin slammed his hands hard against the glass on either side of Kyungsoo's head. The smaller watched Jongin's strong gaze though the reflection of the mirror and felt a shiver run down his spine. "Please...." Jongin gritted his teeth and punched at the glass with his right fist. Why am I letting this get to me so much? It's so disgusting. He has me drowning. Jongin gripped Kyungsoo's hips and pulled the smaller boy into him. A tanner hand met a pale jaw as he forced Kyungsoo to look at him though the mirror. 

    "You're mine." Another shiver shook Kyungsoo's spine as curious eyes met serious ones. Mine? I'm his...?

    "I don't want other people touching you." Jongins fingertips gently brushed against Kyungsoo's jaw. The smaller boy leaned into the touch ever so slightly. He let his eyes flutter close and his lips slightly part while he let Jongin ghost his fingers over his jawline. Curious fingertips moved from his jawline to his soft, plump, warm cheeks. He was blushing and Jongin swore silently that he hadn't seen anything more breathtaking. Jongin boldly let his fingertips brush against the crack of Kyungsoos small but plump lips. He could feel his heart pound unsteadily as Kyungsoo puckered his lips and brought his hand up to hold Jongins in place. Kyungsoo feathered kisses on Jongins fingertips and the taller could easily lose himself in the feeling, the warmth, the innocence.
 
    He was so different. He was so pure to the dark, disgusting world. He wanted to protect Kyungsoos innocence, and he would stop at nothing to do so, even despite his mind screaming that only disaster could emerge from the situation. "Say you're mine."
 
    "I-" To say it out loud meant there was some kind of truth to it. Was he Jongin's? He wanted to be.
 
    "I'm yours."
 
    No further words were spoken as they stood there, staring at each other in the reflection. For what seemed like hours, they stood there, absorbing each other, until Jongin told Kyungsoo he would take him home. Kyungsoo could only nod shyly, and follow Jongin out of the mirrored dance room, down the hallway, and into the school yard where neither of them realized that there was a pair of confused and curious eyes watched. 
 
    The next day, Jongin had picked up Kyungsoo from his house in the morning so they could walk to school together. Again, no words were exchanged, but the air was as comfortable as could be. Kyungsoo sporting unnoticeable makeup and a smile that would the Cheshire cat seem dull while Jongin wore a small but handsome grin. Once on school grounds, all eyes turned to them, especially from a particular curly red head.
 
   "Kyungsoo-yah?" Chanyeol poked his head into the locker room, looking for his small warm-up partner. Class had ended and he didn't see Kyungsoo leave the locker room. The taller entered the empty locker room, since this could be the only place Kyungsoo could be. Turning the corner, he saw a small pale body with blotch like marks all along his back. Chanyeol felt a chill down his spine as he quietly approached the small person. Sickening purple bruises and long dark scars littered the small pale back and it looked insanely painful. Chanyeol reached out, touched the persons shoulder and a shriek filled the room as the person scrambled away from him. He felt all the wind knock out of his lungs as the person turned around, his eyes filled with pure horror. It was Kyungsoo. 
 
   "Chanyeol-ah...w-what are you doing here?" Kyungsoo quickly pulled his shirt close to his body, a poor attempt at covering himself from Chanyeol's shocked gaze. "Kyungsoo-yah..."
 
    "Don't tell anyone! Please!" Chanyeol saw the desperate look in Kyungsoo's eyes. It honestly made his heart sink. Kyungsoo was such a nice person, so the fact that someone wanted to, or even did hurt him was very upsetting. "Kyungsoo-yah, who's respo-"
 
    "I don't want to talk about it...."
 
    Kyungsoo quickly put on his shirt and proceeded to walk out of the locker room with Chanyeol following behind him closely. "I can't ignore this Kyungsoo-yah."
 
    "Please, just stop."
 
    "Kyungsoo." Both boys looked up to see Jongin, leaning against the door frame with Kyungsoo's bag in hand. His intense gaze burning a hole into Chanyeol.  The tallest looked between Jongin and Kyungsoo, noting that they had been close to each other lately. A little too close in Chanyeol's opinion. "Chanyeol-ah, I have to go."
 
    "Kyungsoo-yah... please."
 
    "Please drop it." Chanyeol watched Kyungsoo scurry to Jongin's side and before they could disappear, Jongin sent a glare of warning to Chanyeol that sent shivers up his spine. Chanyeol had just now realized why everyone called him the Ice Prince, Jongin's glare could freeze the sun over. Chanyeol couldn't understand how someone as timid as Kyungsoo could be 'friends' with someone like...that. Horrible flashbacks of Kyungsoo's bruises flashed in Chanyeol's mind and a wave of nausea hit him. He had to do something. Tell someone. Kyungsoo needed help, and needed protection, from that no good Jongin especially. Kim Jongin was nothing more then a bad influence and a heartless from what everyone claims. That snake had wrapped himself around poor innocent Kyungsoo and it seemed that only Chanyeol was willing to attempt to save him. It had to be done.
 
    Chanyeol quickly raced to the one person he was sure that could help him. 
 
    "Joonmyun, Hyung." The student counselor looked up and smiled warmly, as always. "What can I help you with Chanyeol-sshi?"
 
    "I think my friend is getting abused."