It Ends with Silver.

The Color of Love

14. Silver

 

 

  

"I've made my final decision. I'm moving out." My heart stopped. I couldn’t breathe as I stood up, the chair flying back and crashing harshly on the ground. The loud sound echoed through the room. "What the hell do you mean you're moving out?!" Kyungsoo looked over to me, his expression unreadable; just blank. "I'm leaving, Jongin. I'm going to the other side of Seoul where it's closer to my job. I've already found an apart-" I slammed my hands down on the table, cutting Kyungsoo off. I didn’t want to hear anymore, I couldn’t. "You've been looking at apartments? Is this what you've been doing behind my back all this time?!" SuHwa stood but before she could say anything I stormed out the kitchen, out the house for that matter. I couldn’t believe him. I didn’t want to believe him.

 

  It’s been three long years since Kyungsoo had moved out.  Never before had I thought three would be such a high number to me. Within that time I’ve changed from the boy I once was. However, all that time away from Kyungsoo had changed something. I just can’t really explain it myself. It was kinda like a switch was flipped, you know? The smile that had always found it's way to my lips faded away once again. Eventually, I just stopped leaving my house all together.  I was once again swallowed in that darkness that had vacated my life before Kyungsoo until...

 

  “Hey! Jongin-ah!”  That deep voice I had despised for so long suddenly became something I found surprisingly comforting. He stood as reminder, something I secretly wanted to lose myself in no matter how much it hurt. “Hey, wait up!” I stopped and looked up at the wide brown eyes and remembered everything that happened in such a short time. “Are you okay? You seem so… lost.” I didn’t bother to smile, I didn’t bother to stop the tears that were obscuring my vision. “I - I am…” I was tired of being strong, so very tired. “Jongin-ah, it’s okay.” Arms wrapped around me and I lost myself easily to their warmth, their strength. “H-Hyung, I’m s-so lost.” I closed my eyes, tears still spilling as hands gently ran through my hair. They were careful and unsure but so was I. “I’ll help you.” I didn’t know if I could trust him, I wasn’t even sure if I trusted myself at that point. “I’ll help you.” He repeated and surprisingly, I found myself nodding.

 

  “Jongin.” It’s been three long years since then and here I was, looking at that one person who had guided me back into the light. He was smiling widely at me and I was smiling back genuinely. “You ready to go?” I nodded, grabbing his outstretched hand and grasping it tightly. “You’ll be fine.” He comforted as I watched him lock the door with his own key to my apartment. “You really think so?” Butterflies fluttered within my chest as his hand ran through my hair gently, a gesture that always seemed to calm me. “I know so. Now, go meet up with Tao. I have some errands to run. I’ll see you later tonight.” I nodded, watching his figure retreat down the long hallway to get a headstart before me but before he could turn the corner, he fell. “Hyung! You okay?!” He rolled over and sat up, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. “I’m fine, just a bit embarrassed, ha.” I shook my head and jogged over to him, helping him up. “I don’t know what I’m going to do with you, Chanyeol.”

 

  “Jongin-ah!” He lifted my weak, almost lifeless body from the floor and wrapped his lengthy arms around me so tight I almost suffocated. “Stop this! You’re making yourself sick!” I was being stubborn, I refused to eat for days at a time until my body just collapsed or someone shoved food down my throat. I wanted to get my way and if I had to starve, it was something I was willing to do. “Jongin-ah, when was the last time you ate? Don’t tell me you did yesterday, I know that's a lie'” He dragged me so my back was pressed against the couch, my head lulled towards his direction. “Three, maybe four days? I lost count.” I watched his eyes widen, his brows furrow and his lips press into a thin line. He quickly got up and left my side, deeper into my apartment. I then let my head fall back and just watched the ceiling for who knows how long. It seemed like an eternity until Chanyeol roughly grabbed at my chin and forced rice into my mouth. “You’re going to eat and then grow the up.”  Chanyeol rarely ever got angry, since he was he was definitely done with the I put him through. Maybe that was what I had wanted all along? Maybe I just wanted to prove that I was right once more and that eventually everyone would abandon me?

 

  “What would Kyungsoo think of you?” I spit the rice right into his face.“Get the out.” I snarled at him. A loud slap echoed in the silent apartment and the bitter sting in my right cheek radiated a feverish heat. “Kyungsoo wouldn’t tolerate this, Jongin. Stop acting out because he’s not here.” I couldn’t help that I wanted him back. I just kept telling myself that maybe if I kept acting like that, maybe he’d return to me. "You're so stupid, Jongin." Chanyeol muttered. I looked up, my heart was clenching within my chest "What? How am I stupid? For being in love?! I need him!" I looked away from Chanyeol. "You just don't understand." I head Chanyeol sigh heavily. “You forget that I once loved him too.” My chest grew tight. No, I never forgot. His face was a constant reminder. “You say that you need him, but didn’t you think I needed him too? Had it ever crossed your mind that when I saw him with you I wanted to die?” I lifted my head and our gazes met once again. “I had to get over it, now so do you.” My shoulders seemed so small in his big hands that gripped them so tightly. My fingers curled around his wrists and our eyes never broke contact. “I don’t know how, Hyung.” His eyes seemed to soften, not out of pity but of genuine understanding. “I’ll be there for you. I’ll help you get through this.” I gently shook my head but his warm hands cupped my cheeks. “I’m not saying you have to trust me but just depend on me a little. I’ve been by your side for three months already. I think I’ve earned a little faith from you.” He smiled gently and I found myself nodding. “Okay.”

 

     I knocked on the door to Tao’s apartment and surprisingly, Kris was the one who had answered. “Jongin-ah, Tao has been going crazy for the past twenty minutes. Where the hell were you? Where’s Chanyeol?” I scratched the back of my head sheepishly. “Sorry Hyung, I got kinda… caught up. Chanyeol’s already on his way there,” I glanced at my watch quickly. “He actually should be arriving there right about now.” Kris nodded his head in understanding as he guided me into Tao’s apartment, who was currently posing in front of his full length mirror, phone in hand. Kris and I watched in silent amusement as he proceeded to make duck faces at himself until I cleared my throat loud enough to grab his attention. “Ah, Jongin! Finally! Took you long enough! Where’s the tie I asked for?” Already one step ahead of him, I tossed him the snow leopard printed tie. “Oh. My. God! It’s better than the picture!” Tao threw the tie around his neck, tying it quickly but sloppily until Kris fixed it properly. “You’re such a child sometimes.” Kris grumbled while I snickered at Tao’s offended face. “Gege!” I walked over to the now blonde Tao and slapped my hands on his shoulders playfully. “Come on, it’s almost time.” Tao nodded as he straightened out the tie with his hands. “Is Baekhyun-Gege there?” Kris pulled out his phone, looked at it for a moment and nodded. “Yeah, he’s with Chanyeol. Let’s go.”

 

    “Chanyeol, nice to see you dear.” SuHwa greeted him with a huge hug and the woman seemed to disappear in Chanyeol’s huge frame. “Nice to be here. Thank you for inviting me over again!” Chanyeol bowed respectively and SuHwa smiled happily. “Stop with the formalities, Chanyeol dear. You’re like family.” I clapped my hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder, “You’ve been here three times this week alone, I should make a set of keys for you at this rate.” I joked. “It’s not my fault SuHwa Umma’s cooking is the best in the world.” Chanyeol laughed as he wrapped his lengthy arms around her small shoulders, his head easily resting on top of hers. “Chanyeol-ah, your flattery is too great.” SuHwa looked at me then back to Chanyeol. Her eyes rested on his face for a moment too long, I could tell she was looking over him. I clapped my hands together, making SuHwa jump in the process. "Do you guys wanna start? The food will get cold." Chanyeol patted his stomach.

 

"Yeah! I'm starving." He started for the table. "Jongin, help me plate and bring the food out." I looked at Chanyeol, who had taken his seat and was tapping away a message on his cell phone. "Uh, yeah. Sure thing." When I went into the kitchen, everything was already on the counter. SuHwa stood leaning in the stove with her arms crossed over her chest, an amused smile tugging at her lips. “What?” I asked. She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. “Nothing really. I’m just curious about something, that’s all.” I waited for her to continue. She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye I knew all too well. SunHwa wanted to know about my love life. Silently, I motioned back to the dining room with my thumb where Chanyeol was. She nodded her head. “Well, Chanyeol is my b-”

 

“Jongin, we’re here.” I looked up to see dozens of people running about, some guests and others that were working the event. I stepped out of the car and straightened myself up, trying my best to look presentable. “Oh, stop fussing. You look fine.” Tao elbowed me with a smile then casually slid his arm around my shoulders. “Are you nervous?” He questioned and then I looked down at my shining black shoes. “The most nervous I’ve ever felt in my entire life.” I answered honestly. A strong hand patted my back and I look up to see Kris smiling softly. “You’ll be fine. Now let’s go in. The other’s are waiting for us.” I swallowed the lump in my throat and followed Tao and Kris into the building, greeting everyone I had run into on the way. As we make our way down the hall, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. It only squeezed tighter as I saw Chanyeol down the hall waving like a crazy idiot, Baekhyun by his side smiling widely.

 

Once we reached them, Baekhyun greeted us happily. “You look handsome, Jongin. The blonde suits you well.” I nodded, smoothing my hair back. “Blonde suits you as well, Hyung.” I complimented back. He smiled and turned to Kris and Tao. “Come on you guys, let’s go.” Kris proceeded to walk in but Tao lingered back and pouted. “How come I didn’t get a compliment, Baekhyun-Ge?” The smaller smiled and tiptoed to kiss Tao’s pouting lips. “You’re always perfect.” Baekhyun then proceeded to take Tao’s hand and guide him into the room. Chanyeol spending all his time with me, Baekhyun had let him go and instead fell in love with his best friend. They’ve been together for two years now. “I’m glad Baekhyun’s happy.” I nod, agreeing as I watch them take their seats near the front. Chanyeol then turns to me and gives me that goofy smile he always does. “It’s almost time. Let’s g-”

 

“Chanyeol!” We both turn to see a messy head of long blonde hair before it launches itself at Chanyeol. “One day you might actually hurt yourself doing that.” Chanyeol chuckled as he helped up the blonde. Tossing her hair back, her smiling face was revealed. She smiled up happily at Chanyeol  then turned to me, pulling me into her arms. “You’re so handsome Jongin-ah!” I couldn’t help but laugh as I hugged her back and once I released her, she turned back to Chanyeol. “Well I just wanted to see you two before the big event! I’ll be right in the front, okay? Ah, let me fix your tie.” Chanyeol straightened out as she tightened his tie slightly then proceeded to dust off his suit, his eyes never leaving her. “Good luck, Chanyeol and Jongin, congratulations.” Before she could scurry off, Chanyeol stopped the blonde by her wrist and pulled her into a quick but passionate kiss. “Park Chanyeol, you’re such a romantic.” She cooed as she kissed him back. “Only for you my dear Sandara.” Chanyeol and Sandra had just recently gotten married this spring. The two of them had just  returned from their honeymoon from Japan, Sandra enjoying the fashion while Chanyeol went crazy with all the One Piece merchandise.  

 

“Okay, good luck you guys!” She waved as she disappeared into the room. “Ready to go?” Chanyeol asked and I nodded. “As ready as I’ll ever b-” Before I could follow Chanyeol into the room, I was stopped by a gentle hand on my shoulder. I turned to see SuHwa smiling sheepishly up at me. I look back and wave Chanyeol forward then turn back to her.  “Umma, what’s wrong?” I ask softly. “I’m just nervous, dear. I don’t want to trip and fall on my face in front of everyone.” I chuckled and kissed her forehead, trying to calm her. I knelt down and looked her straight in the eye. “You’ll do great. I know you will.” I held her hands into mine and she pressed her forehead against mine. “Thank you Jongin. You’ve made me so proud to call me your mother.” I pulled away and wrapped my arms around her tightly while I tried to fight back tears. “I’m honored I can be your son, Umma.” After a moment or two, we pulled away from each other and she wiped my face. “Go on. I’ll be right behind you.” I nodded as she stood slightly back with a smile on her loving face. I turned and faced those tall white doors with fancy golden handles.

 

This moment is what changes my life, whether I walk through these doors or not. Saying I'm nervous doesn't begin to describe the feeling I have curling into my gut but I'm willing to make the change. My hands grab those fancy golden knobs and I the doors open.

 

I walked down the long aisle, all eyes on me while Chanyeol and Suho are both waiting at the end for me with small but proud smiles. My eyes quickly scan the crowd of faces, both familiar and unfamiliar. The room filled with every kind of acquaintance under the sun. I saw Tao and Baekhyun smiling up at me, their hands intertwined lovingly. A few rows up, Luhan and amazingly Sehun from the carnival were there together. The opposite side held Jongdae with a man I had met earlier named Minseok. The row before sat Kris, an empty seat to his right that I assumed was Joonmyun's and to the left of him was his best friend Yixing from China. Once I reached the altar, I turned to meet the door, the same tall white door I had just walked through. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, only to hear the music start to play. Once I hear the doors open, I looked up to see that perfect figure dressed in all white, SuHwa holding his arm and guiding him to me.

 

 "I've made my final decision. I'm moving out." My heart stopped. I couldn’t breathe as I stood up, the chair flying back and crashing harshly on the ground. The loud sound echoing through the room. "What the hell do you mean you're moving out?!" Kyungsoo looked over to me, his expression unreadable, just blank. "I'm leaving, Jongin. I'm going to the other side of Seoul where it's closer to my job. I've already found an apart-" I slammed my hands down on the table, cutting Kyungsoo off. I didn’t want to hear anymore, I couldn’t. "You've been looking at apartments? Is this what you've been doing behind my back all this time?!" SuHwa stood but before she could say anything I stormed out the kitchen, out the house for that matter. I couldn’t believe him. I didn’t want to believe him.

 

I ran as fast as my legs would take me. It was raining hard, just like that day way back when Kyungsoo and I had first met. Only this time, it hurt so much more. "Jongin!" He followed me just like he did back then. I stopped, my back towards him while theunforgiving rain poundedon us. "You said you wouldn't let me go!" I yelled out. "You told me you'd stay by my side forever! I ing trusted you, Kyungsoo!" I turned to face him and he was looking at the ground. "Look me in the eye and tell me you felt nothing!" I pounded at my chest, it was so tight I could barely breathe while the cold rain sliced through my skin. “It wasn’t nothing, Jongin. You mean everything to me!” His wide glassy eyes and shaking lips made my chest that much tighter. “Then why are you leaving me?” My gaze dropped and a moment later, trembling arms wrapped around me. “I-it has to be done, Jongin.”

 

I looked around the empty street, then down at my sopping wet sneakers. “If y-you leave me, I’ll kill myself.” I was reaching my low, maybe even lower than when my father passed away. I couldn’t lose him. If I lost him, I felt as if I would lose myself. I looked up and him and was rewarded with a sharp slap across the face. “That’s exactly why I have to leave you.” My lips wouldn’t stop trembling and my eyes burned from the salt water pouring out of them. “K-Kyungsoo…” I felt so broken, so lost. I hated the way he had made me into this pile of mush when I was once so strong and indestructible. “Jongin, you’re making this hard.” I grabbed at his shirt and pulled him into me and I gripped so tightly, afraid he would disappear. “You’re mine! You’re not going anywhere!" Kyungsoo’s hands ran through my hair and he gently whispered into my ear. “Okay, Jongin. I-I won’t leave.” We left together, and once we got home, our wet bodies met.

 

Kyungsoo’s trembling lips spilled soft “I love you”s while I drank every last bit of his words, absorbed them into me. Burned them into my memory for me to play at will. Kissed every mark on his body whether it was as natural as his birthmarks or man madelike the scars his father had left behind. His fingertips left trails of fire along my skin while his lips decorated my spine with chills. We made love until the sun came up, the sunrise blanketing our bodies in gold. Kyungsoo fell asleep in my arms soon after, my arm serving as his pillow while his face was cuddling close to my chest. I lied there tracing his features with my eyes. How his eyelashes curled, his thick lips gently parted with his soft breaths spilling out and how his hair fell in messy but perfect loose waves over his thick eyebrows. I fell asleep not long after Kyungsoo but when I woke up late that afternoon, he was gone. The only thing left was that purple owl and a note with his neat penmanship that spelled out three words.

 

“Jongin, I’m sorry.”

 

I held out my hand and took their hand into mine, guiding in to stand across from me on the alter. He looked up at me with that precious smile I had fallen so in love with. He was so breathtaking dressed in white while his dark red hair contrasting perfectly. His smiling lips slightly tinted with pink glistened again the flow of his milky skin. He simply looked like a small angel that descended from the skies.

 

I looked down at the text message that Chanyeol had sent me earlier then looked back up at the cafe we were supposed to meet at. The place was small, somewhat wedged between two tall buildings but it admitted a warm feeling. I looked up at the name, ‘Thanks A Latte’ and almost laughed out loud at the pun. I shook my head as I entered and I stopped almost instantly, the hairs on the back of my neck standing. “J-Jongin.” It was the first time I had seen him since he had left. “Kyungsoo.”

 

Dearly beloved, we are gathered together toda-” I couldn’t concentrate. My eyes were on the one standing before me, smiling nervously but still as happy as ever. My mind also kept racing with memories of the past.

 

“Jongin, please forgive me.” I looked over at Kyungsoo, his small hands wrapped around a huge café cup. “Kyungsoo, you see me as a child, don’t you?” He finally looks up at me with those wide eyes of his. His face had gotten a bit thinner and I wanted to kick myself since I knew I was the reason. Chanyeol had been telling him everything and I’m pretty sure it was upsetting him. “You know that’s not what I said in that letter. I- I just think we both need to grow up before we become any more serious. I need to become a stable person, need to work for a while and save money while you need to graduate and find yourself. Jongin, make friends and start to trust people. You’ve let Chanyeol in, even though he doesn’t think so. I don’t want us to hold each other back. When you’ve shown me that you’ve grown up, no temper tantrums, I’ll come back for you. I promise you.” I didn’t want to hear it. I just didn’t want to be separated for no matter how long, but I figured maybe that’s what he was talking about. Maybe I was as dependant on him as he was on me, maybe even more so. “Okay.” I automatically regretted it once I watched him walk out of the Cafe, when he looked back and gave me a soft smile. I wanted to be so selfish so I did anything I thought would bring him back to me. I got angry more often, stopped eating, threatened to kill myself since I knew Chanyeol would run back and tell Kyungsoo but that only drove him further from me. Over time, after Chanyeol knocked sense into me, I started to live during the day as I did before but at night I would curl into myself, missing his warmth. It was the hard, but I got through it with Chanyeol’s help.

 

I looked over and saw Chanyeol standing right behind me. He smiled happily and gave me a thumbs up. I returned it quickly and resumed back to my original position, facing my soon to be future. “The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as anything that can be seen, heard or touched. For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls. Your vows.” I looked up and smiled, taking his hands into mine. “Go on, baby.” I encourage, squeezing his hands gently.  

 

“Jongin, I promise to be your shining sun after the harsh Winter. I promise to continue to feed you when you wake me up in the middle of the night. I promise to worry about you even though you tell me it’s unnecessary but you secretly like it. I promise to never leave you, to never hurt you. I promise to bandage you up and kiss your boo-boos when you’re hurt. I promise to sing to you whenever you can sleep. I promise to be your rainbow after the heavy rain. I promise to continue by your side for as long as we both shall live.”

 

I watched that lovely shade light his cheeks and I couldn’t help but smile.

 

“I promise to be the cool, refreshing breeze on your heated skin. I promise to keep you company when you’re making snacks for me in the middle of the night. I promise to deny the satisfaction of you worrying about me. I promise to stay by your side, following you like a lost, lovesick puppy. I promise I’ll do my best to get not as many boo-boos as before. I promise to bother you until you sing me to sleep and fall asleep with you in my arms. I promise to be the shining light on your dark days. I promise to continue to be by your side for as long as you'll have me, which I'm sure is going to be the rest of our lives."

 

"The rings, Chanyeol." The Preacher gestured towards Chanyeol and he quickly scurried towards the elderly man. He reached into his coat pocket and presented the small velvet white box. The Preacher opened the box and held it out towards me. I took it and gently took out the slightly smaller silver ring from within. I swiftly placed the small box into my pocket then held out my hand for him to take. Once his hand was in mine, I slipped the ring onto his finger. "With this ring, I be wed." I smiled as the familiar pink filled his cheeks when our eyes met. He quickly reached into my pocket, retrieving the box and grabbed the bigger ring in the box. "With this ring," he slid the ring onto my finger while smiling up at me, "I be wed." 

 

"You may now kiss the groom."  

 

“Don’t mind if I do.” I comment mere seconds before I seal the other’s lips before he could say anything about it. Everyone started to cheer and clap but honestly, all I could hear was my own heartbeat. When we pull apart, his cheeks are my favorite shade. “I love you, Kim Jongin.” I pull him in for another quick kiss and I feel his lips curl into a smile. “I love you too, Kim Kyungsoo.”

 

~*~

 

“So, tell us how Jongin purposed!” Baekhyun squealed as he tugged on Kyungsoo’s jacket sleeve. Kyungsoo just looks up at me and I smile gently. “I’ll tell him, Soo. You can go greet the other guests. I’m sure you haven’t greeted your mother yet either.” His wide eyes seemed to brighten at the thought and he politely excused himself before departing. Baekhyun and Tao both shot me a confused look and I waved my hand to dismiss it. “I thought it would be nice to set up a small alter for Kyungsoo’s mother. I had the wedding planner set up a small but nice arrangement for Kyungsoo’s mother’s ashes and picture where she could watch the wedding.” Baekhyun’s eyes seemed to water while Tao just nodded in approvement. “Jongin! That was so nice of you! I would have never thought of someone doing something like that!” Baekhyun praised while I just sheepishly smiled. “I just felt like it was the right thing to do since his mother meant- excuse me, means the world to him.” I nodded then continued. “Anyway, you wanted to know how I purposed?” Baekhyun and Tao both nodded their heads and I took a seat at the table they were sitting at. “So, it was earlier this year. You know how Kyungsoo’s birthday is on the 12th and mine is on the 14th? I basically purposed on the 13th…”

 

It was about 2 in the afternoon when Kyungsoo had gotten off of his shift at the Bakery and 2:30 when he had arrived home to an empty apartment. “Jongin? Where ar- what’s this?” There lay a message on the counter in a dull gray construction paper, ‘Remember where we first laid eyes on each other?’ and beside it, a pair of keys. Kyungsoo smiled and grabbed the keys, leaving the house once again to head to their old high school. He walked down the now empty halls, since it was indeed a Sunday, and arrived to their once shared homeroom. Kyungsoo walked in to see white paper contrasting against the tan, worn out desk. Approaching it, Kyungsoo read the next message while lifting up the paper snowflake cutout. ‘Where we shared your delicious meals together?’ With that, Kyungsoo sprinted up the stairs towards the rooftop. What was waiting for him was a small tanned hand mirror, a message in brown marker. ‘The place where your eyes became my favorite color.’ With red cheeks, Kyungsoo made his way towards the abandoned dance room where they had spent most of their days. Kyungsoo cautiously walked into the room to find a medical case in front of the mirror Jongin had broken all those years ago. On the case, a note on blue paper that read, ‘Where I called you mine.’ He looked just only across the room to see a purple script against the surface of the mirror itself.

 

‘You’re mine, Do Kyungsoo.’

 

With red cheeks, Kyungsoo saw the small note underneath the pretty script and saw the next clue. ‘Where we both faced accusations.’ He turned and ran down to the other side of the school, his heart racing. He wanted to know where all this was leading, the curiosity eating at him slightly. Once he reached the Guidance Counselor's office, there was a neon pink sticky note against the familiar bright blue walls. Against the pink, thick black writing, ‘Where I had finally rescued you.’ Kyungsoo then raced out of the school and traveled the distance to his old home that was now abandoned and up for sale. On the front door, a red sign taped to the wood that read in the familiar script, ‘Where you healed me and I healed you.’ Kyungsoo removed the sign and traveled the path to Jongin’s old house. Once Kyungsoo had arrived, SuHwa greeted him with a warm smile and the next clue on a yellow sticky note.

 

‘I’m at your favorite place in the whole wide world.’

 

After giving SuHwa the biggest hug of her life, Kyungsoo dashed for the bus. Once on the bus, he watched the sky go from blue to slightly orange. It was getting late and he wondered how long Jongin had been waiting for him. He then wondered if he had even eaten or if he was warm enough. Worrying, Kyungsoo dashed up the long flight of stairs up to the field that was probably withered by now.  As Kyungsoo reached the top of the stairs, his breath was taken in one fell swoop. There Jongin was, in the heart of winter, in a field of Kyungsoo's favorite flower. In the sea of blue there he was in clothes as white as the snow that gently fell from the skies. This wasn't what made Kyungsoo breathless however. It was the fact that Jongin was down on one knee, a small box in his hand. “J-Jongin…” Despite it being a whisper, Jongin heard him loud and clear. “Kyungsoo, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You’ve not only helped me live, but you’ve actually allowed me to feel, to see. I can’t imagine my life without you.” Jongin then proceeded to open the box, a silver band shone against the dark velvet of the box. “Do Kyungsoo, will you marry me?”

 

“...He then tackled me to the ground and started crying into my chest but it was a definite yes.” I chuckled at the memory of him scolding me about not having a coat on in the middle of winter. “Why can’t you be more romantic like that!” Baekhyun whined as he punched Tao’s arm. “I’m plenty romantic!” Baekhyun scuffed, “Says the one who can’t make it through a horror movie without sounding like a dying whale.” Tao gasped and I tried to hold in my laughter. “Baekhyun-ge!” Said boy only waved him off. “I’m gonna go find Kyungsoo. Good luck, Tao.” I said trying to make a quick escape before the discussion got too heated. “What’s that supposed to mean?! Kim Jongin?!” Luckily I was already a safe enough distance. My eyes quickly scanned the room to see Kyungsoo and a tall man towering over him. Chills ran down my spine to see the one person I thought I would never have to face again. Kyungsoo’s father.

 

I quickly made my way to the other side of the room and looped arms with him. He smiled up at me and I then looked at the tall man in front of us. “Ah Jongin, I was just giving Kyungsoo my congratulations on the marriage.” I smiled, despite not wanting to, and held Kyungsoo a little closer to me. “Thank you for the congrats. How’s rehab treating you?” That stupid question earned a sharp elbow from Kyungsoo right in the ribs. “It’s going good. Better than the first time actually. I even got a new apartment downtown.” Kyungsoo gripped at my arm gently. “That’s right. I was just telling him how proud I was.” I nodded while sliding my hand into his. He seemed to catch on to me not wanting him around so he quickly said,  “I’ll catch up with you later on. Again, congratulations you two.” He walked off and we both waved goodbye. Once he was out of sight in the small crowd, Kyungsoo turned to me, and I could tell I was in trouble.    

 

“Jongin, was any of that really necessary? He’s trying really hard.” I just grab his hands in mine and start to sway our bodies gently from side to side. “You know I won’t change my opinion, Soo.” I nuzzle my nose into his hair and grip him tighter towards me, attempting to be cute. I inwardly cheer as I hear a small chuckle from him and he returns the closeness. “At least hide it a little better next time. For me, please?” I nod, knowing I can at least do that much. “Good, thank you.” His face nuzzles into my shoulder and I couldn’t help but smile.


The reception ended in a flash and before I knew it, I was carrying Kyungsoo through the door of our apartment. It only took but three seconds for Kyungsoo’s lips to connect with mine and only ten seconds to press him into the loveseat in our livingroom. I leaned back, admiring his most vulnerable form at my mercy. His mussed crimson hair, his milky skin contrasting with his flushed cheeks. His perfect, plump red lips and his small pink tongue. Those chocolate eyes I often lost myself in and the glistening silver band wrapped around his finger seemed like a perfect fit. For the past me who had lost hope in all color, here lied a man who knew nothing but a million shades of pain and hope. That day I had met him, that moment we locked eyes, I was drowned in a million colors of Kyungsoo. And in that moment, a million colors became something I wanted to call home.

       I did just that and I couldn't have been happier. 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------
A/N: Thank you so very much for supporting my story! 
I really love you guys for subbing, commenting, upvoting and sharing my story <3
And if you haven't checked out my Taoris What is Love to a Machine?, you can do that too !
or not but anyway shameless advertisement over
lol much love, Bling~